Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm probably buying WWII on PS4. Destiny 2 is like a sequel to Year 1 Destiny 1, not the great Year 3 Destiny 1. Plus 4v4 multiplayer is lame when you constantly get matched against teams.

There's also a certain pick up and play aspect that COD has. By the time I get into a Destiny 2 match, I can play a match of COD. Plus 4v4 didn't magically fix the problems Crucible has like Bungie said it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Apparently going 26-0 isn’t good enough for top 3 with you fuckers. :argh:

Looking at the Halloween rewards I really want the NEIL skin but don’t want to dump up to 570 Keys for it. I’ll probably open 5 or 6 boxes and hope for it. Week 2 doesn’t seem to have much but week 3 is going to have a new epic Auger with Sharpshooter (extended damage range) and Primed (no spin up but slightly lower ROF) which sounds both good for MP and Zombies. I may go for that one since as much as I love the furies I can’t ducking do poo poo with them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What do you call it when you're 16-1 and your internet cuts out for only 60 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyboltOq8o

:raise: :tinfoil:

I'm not an IT guy, so if there's another term for it, let me know.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You totally got DDOS’d there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Start having mediocre games every other game like the rest of us.

Also boss battles today! Time to try out Zombies in Spaceland with multiple aliens to see how hard that actually is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A bit more information on boss battle mode:
- You spawn in the afterlife arcade with no perks and 25k (or maybe 20k).
- Every weapon in the map (including wonder weapons) are available for purchase for $5000 and come double PaP
- Same with perks (DC doesn’t apply to these battles)
- Key rate is based on how quick you kill the boss. Playtesting rate was about 60 keys for beating the Alien in under a minute. :stare: 30 keys for a 90 second clear. This is loving INSANE if true and unchanged. A regular 1 hour high round SS clear gets you 36 keys at best. You can now (possibly) do that every couple of minutes. Play tester record for killing the Alien is 36 seconds (this has to be on solo).
- There’s a leaderboard.
- You can’t get soul keys or EE rewards (katana) doing these.
- You may be able to get calling card challenges through this.

Seriously, if the key rate is anywhere near what’s been posted you better loving drop everything and start learning the boss fight for ZiS. Since this is only the boss phase of the EE, it’s pretty straight forward and simple. Here’s a video of the arena and boss mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tMrIFBiPc

In MP, there’s 1 alien per player.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- Key rate is based on how quick you kill the boss. Playtesting rate was about 60 keys for beating the Alien in under a minute. 30 keys for a 90 second clear. This is loving INSANE if true and unchanged. A regular 1 hour high round SS clear gets you 36 keys at best. You can now (possibly) do that every couple of minutes. Play tester record for killing the Alien is 36 seconds (this has to be on solo).

Holy gently caress :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bit more than I could chew bringing you three for the last step of the fight. Didn’t think his health would balloon so much.

I’ll definitely need to use my fortune cards and/or bring less people per attempt. A better LMG wouldn’t have hurt. I’ll give it another go tomorrow but outside of Beast I should be able to give you guys the rest of the keys. Frick already has Rave but that one is actually really drat easy to do and get.

I’ll get you all director’s cut, drat it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bit more than I could chew bringing you three for the last step of the fight. Didn’t think his health would balloon so much.

I’ll definitely need to use my fortune cards and/or bring less people per attempt. A better LMG wouldn’t have hurt. I’ll give it another go tomorrow but outside of Beast I should be able to give you guys the rest of the keys. Frick already has Rave but that one is actually really drat easy to do and get.

I’ll get you all director’s cut, drat it.

And I think it goes without saying

gently caress the god drat alien fight :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

And I think it goes without saying

gently caress the god drat alien fight :argh:

I think it’s hilarious I loving missed the first shot against the UFO. I actually like the alien fight. It’s way less hectic than SS and Beast. It’s just incredibly stupid how it add bosses per player.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Looking for some love in space cod tonight.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'm down for some MP.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Javes posted:

I'm down for some MP.

Hit me up. I've been in a party playing solo so I don't have to listen to the 10 year olds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ill be home in 20 minutes or so for some MGS5 Space shootmans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The next boss fight opens up today: Attack of the Radioactive Thing.

The fight is pretty straight forward: grab Mauler + Kendalls. The first 3 phases are pretty easy even in co-op but the lasers are a bitch. No you can practice them without having to spend 30 minutes getting to it.

So if you want that soul key we can do a couple of practice runs then I can carry you all to the boss.

Oh and the rat king is out too but gently caress that fight.

Oh and there is also a 450keys 30 rare boxes no dupe bundle. 50% off for 30 boxes is pretty drat good BUT there’s no epic guarantee so you could very well end up getting a poo poo load of camos/reticles/calling card/accessories. Last time I went all in on this bundle (60 boxes / 900 Keys) I got 5 epic weapons, of which I’m only really using 2.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 20, 2017

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
can anyone link me to the blops3 thread? I can't loving find it and I want the VMP hate mail I got ages ago lol.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

feverish and oversexed posted:

can anyone link me to the blops3 thread? I can't loving find it and I want the VMP hate mail I got ages ago lol.

Got the link handy as I just looked up the thread the other day. For vain reasons (Because I was looking for a copy of that mlg picture of me)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716726

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 20, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
IW tonight?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I can around 9:30pm Eastern

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm up for some hot, hot IW action

Javes
May 6, 2012

Come join me, friends!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those final lobbies tonight sure were something. It’s like all the Javes woke up and got full groups.

And Frick now has his 3rd soul key. We’re going to work on Beast next and just one can have more people since it’s actually kinda easier co-op.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I then proceeded to get to Round 26 in 44 minutes with the katana and a very lucky Weapon Upgrade drop. Those exist, and apparently Feral Instinct is the double pap'd version.

But how the gently caress do you deal once you're outta sword juice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

I then proceeded to get to Round 26 in 44 minutes with the katana and a very lucky Weapon Upgrade drop. Those exist, and apparently Feral Instinct is the double pap'd version.

But how the gently caress do you deal once you're outta sword juice.

If you’re going to strictly farm SS for keys go to the projection room entrance and just stay there. They can’t spawn in the room itself and they will be one hit kills until scene 40 (44 or so if you hold aim). You’ll reach scene 41 in around 55 minutes at which point you can die or push for a little more keys with some effort. With double keys that’s 75-80 Keys / hour and all you literally do is mash melee/attadk and keep yourself in a room.

Also if anyone else wants the Katana let me know. Now that I get just how broken the Mauler is for bosses I can pretty much cheese it all the time without fearing too much health on the boss.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 21, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meanwhile, I don't think you even need sliding skill for Crog-Zilla.

Not sure if it's gonna get patched buuuuut...

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Bundle is 30 dupe protected rare supply drops for 450 keys right now. Half off and dupe protected so that's pretty sweet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

Meanwhile, I don't think you even need sliding skill for Crog-Zilla.

Not sure if it's gonna get patched buuuuut...

Get on if you want to try this and get that soul key

Kizurue posted:

Bundle is 30 dupe protected rare supply drops for 450 keys right now. Half off and dupe protected so that's pretty sweet.

It's going to be mainly a poo poo ton of camos and calling cards but it's still the best bang for your buck overall but not as good as a guaranteed epic hack. Not to mention every weapon has a MK2 variant which doesn't count as a "dupe". I dropped 900 keys the last time the bundle was around and I ended with 5 epic weapons, a ton of salvage and a poo poo load of camos. I'm debating going all on this one too just to fill out the trash list and maybe get more good poo poo. Then again, I kinda really want to snag the epic auger in week 3 so I can't use up all my keys.

Oh and logging in to my.callofduty.com and visiting quartermaster got me 2 free crates (again)

I mean technically there's like 300 or so weapons variants (including MK2's), just as many calling cards (237), over ONE THOUSAND camos (9 weapon classes * 149 or so camos by now), then there's emblems (116), accessories (77), and reticles. Buying the bundle once is a little over 4% of the items in the game.

900 keys gives you 180 new items. Assuming around 2,000 items in the loot pool then you're getting around 8-9% of all the available items in the game. The percentage is probably a little higher given unobtainable holiday stuff.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 21, 2017

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I've decided to be the change I want to see in the world;

CALL OF DUTY 14 ROLL CALL

RESULTS

I don't know if any of you dingbats were going to make a new thread for us to migrate to or not but here you go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My dude, the new thread is right here

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lmao

i legitimately just assumed that nobody was going to play this one :shobon:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wouldn’t be playing it if Destiny 2’s PVP wasn’t a tire fire. They also somehow made the endgame even worse.

Also it doesn’t have a shotgun that lights people on fire.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I wouldn’t be playing it if Destiny 2’s PVP wasn’t a tire fire. They also somehow made the endgame even worse.

Also it doesn’t have a shotgun that lights people on fire.

After the first patch, neither will WWII.

It'll be nerfed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m pretty sure they already nerfed it.

Javes
May 6, 2012

More nuke hunting tonight?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes posted:

More nuke hunting tonight?

I’ll be on in an hour or so but sure.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
i'll get on and modify my kits in advance for farming a-uavs

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Hey uh, Jacs. The Nunchaku is wheel-exclusive right? I got it unlocked just now and it feels fun... but the katana is like somehow superior like :wtc:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

Hey uh, Jacs. The Nunchaku is wheel-exclusive right? I got it unlocked just now and it feels fun... but the katana is like somehow superior like :wtc:

There’s a “quest” to unlock them during the match. They otherwise show up in the wheel if you’re playing as Pam or if you’re in DC, I think. They’re good to grab if you’re working towards the EE but once you have the Katana there’s no need for them. I think their heal is pretty good for brainless playing but they have a lower damage (around scene 30) compared to the Katana.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefinitiveArcticDiamondbackrattlesnake-mobile.mp4

(Not the actual final kill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bought 1 of the big bundle. Got the masamune, KBS Big Brother and NV4 Chaos (MK2 dupe). 4-5 legendary weapons, some new taunts and a gently caress ton of camos as expected.

Big Brother looks fun and hell yeah gonna sword poo poo up.

EDIT: oh I forgot to add,none of the boxes had double XP tokens or bonus salvage. So it actually was 90 new items.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 23, 2017

• Locked thread