Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hillary Clinton was on Graham Norton. Can't wait to look at the Youtube comments it's going to be delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
was she drunk?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

was she drunk?
That's a solid explanation for how she lost that election

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who's in charge of making a Dirk Gently thread?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have no idea why in 2017 anyone cares about Hillary Clinton. I know British TV tends to be 6 months behind but this is just silly.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have no idea why in 2017 anyone cares about Hillary Clinton. I know British TV tends to be 6 months behind but this is just silly.

We live in an incredibly boring purgatory where everyone wants to just keep reliving the 2016 election over and over.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ballers Update: I really like this and did the Rock learn how to act?

Bosch: Holy poo poo how have I never watched this before thanks for the rec!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

was she drunk?
She was not and it was mostly lame but she did say "poo poo."

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Who's in charge of making a Dirk Gently thread?

This season has been great so far. I like the new sheriff and his deputy, but we need more Bart.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slamhound posted:

This season has been great so far. I like the new sheriff and his deputy, but we need more Bart.

The geezers with the scissor swords are loving hysterical. The Sheriff is totally awesome.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The exorcist is low key killing it with season 2 as well. Easily top 5 show again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trakt is trying to tell me something.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LionArcher posted:

The exorcist is low key killing it with season 2 as well. Easily top 5 show again.

Yeah, this season's been loving great. So loving annoyed I didn't watch the first when it was airing, it was really good. But the second season is somehow even better.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I have Zoo running in the background for a while. Season 1 was OK-ish I guess. But Season 2? Jesus, that one's creative with its artistic license.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Trakt is trying to tell me something.

How far back does your list go? Because I'm tempted and scared to see what my number would be.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

How far back does your list go? Because I'm tempted and scared to see what my number would be.

I've only used Trakt for a couple of years, but it's gone through my media library of about 5-6 tb which is about 12-13 years old. Plus anything i watch via Kodi.

My library is in storage while i'm working fifo, i love that i can keep track of what i watch still.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Combat Pretzel posted:

I have Zoo running in the background for a while. Season 1 was OK-ish I guess. But Season 2? Jesus, that one's creative with its artistic license.

Zoo is amazing.

I fell into a rabbit hole of watching Chopped! last night and even though Ted Allen is no Alton Brown it's still great. It's cool to see actual chefs cooking actual food even with the gimmick.

And I literally just now realized that Ted Allen was on Queer Eye (my ex and I used to love that show)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Watching season 2 of Shanara - I don't remember this show being so bloody.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Zoo is amazing.

I fell into a rabbit hole of watching Chopped! last night and even though Ted Allen is no Alton Brown it's still great. It's cool to see actual chefs cooking actual food even with the gimmick.

And I literally just now realized that Ted Allen was on Queer Eye (my ex and I used to love that show)

Chopped! Is pretty great. I like the quick format, and there is a good variety of judges.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the only reason Cutthroat Kitchen isn't a perfect show for me is that the judges are often soooooo bad and amateurish.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

My sister was raving about The Good Place the other day so I tried it out and why did that show just now blow up in the collective consciousness ? It's great but I had literally never heard of it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ratings were just ok, but people on TV IV have been talking about it forever. It's from the creators of Parks and Rec and Brooklyn 99

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IRQ posted:

My sister was raving about The Good Place the other day so I tried it out and why did that show just now blow up in the collective consciousness ? It's great but I had literally never heard of it.

Netflix got it like a month and a half ago

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

unless you have everyone in couch chat on ignore you have definitely heard of it :v:

but yea, it's great

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

IRQ posted:

I think the first season being added to Netflix over the summer allowed people who missed it originally to discover it and get caught up. Beyond that, it's a network sitcom doing 13 episodes a season, running against Grey's Anatomy and Thursday Night Football (Until the first week of November, at which point it will be preempted for 2 months while TNF takes over its timeslot,) both of which manage to clobber it in terms of total viewership. It will only have 4 or 5 episodes when it comes back in January, and will be off the air for another 9 months before February sweeps even begins.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

unless you have everyone in couch chat on ignore you have definitely heard of it :v:

but yea, it's great

I mean, let's be honest, that's probably a good idea.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There was so much Good Place hype back during s1 that I had to consciously stop posting about how good it was because we were all doing it too much.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I started hearing a lot more about it after the finale twist, as well. In fact, getting that spoiled for me is what got me interested in watching it before S2 started, beyond 'I love KBell so I'll get around to it eventually'.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

It didn't it blew up at the end of last season. You just weren't paying attention or something???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

I mean, let's be honest, that's probably a good idea.

I've never gotten the hate for couch chat, it's one of the more chill places on SA and certainly the most chill thread in TVIV

Ray, when someone tells you "do not check out this show's thread", do not check out that show's thread (I did it, Ray. I looked at the R&M thread.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode of Toast of London with Jon Hamm is amazing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The good place is a good show with a loving wretched season one finale it had to spend several episodes of the new season fixing, explaining, or justifying.

I literally cannot think of a show whose season finale made me want to watch it less than TGP's season one.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 23, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the wrongest tv opinion I've ever heard.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boy, I'm watching Channel Zero on a recommendation and I'm on episode 5 of 6 and this is not a very good show.

I feel like I'll forget I even saw this by tomorrow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The good place is a good show with a loving wretched season one finale it had to spend several episodes of the new season fixing, explaining, or justifying.

I literally cannot think of a show whose season finale made me want to watch it less than TGP's season one.

the gently caress?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The finale is literally what made me watch it so idk man. It works so well with everything before it despite apparently not being a planned twist. Watching the first season with the twist in mind made it twice as interesting to me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the gently caress?

I kind of understand his point. I personally think the finale and season two are great but it's a totally different show now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I literally guessed the season one finale "twist" as a joke when someone else asked me what I thought the twist was, after hearing nonstop, annoying praise of it, by thinking "what would be the stupidest, most obvious, and most cliche possible twist the show could go for?"

I said it as a literal joke because I didn't think TGP could be so intellectually insulting as to go with a twist that terrible but nope, it did. Exactly.

You know a shows twist is good when the shows creator has to do a bunch of post season metanarrative interviews explaining the twist's greater effects because it throws literally everything that happened before into doubt or disarray.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

To the shows credit it was able to eventually mine good stuff out of the twist, but only by spending three or four episodes basically fixing all the narrative and characters problems caused by it (often by having characters literally metanarratively explain it in-universe). It also reset virtually all the character growth the show has established up to that point, which has been kind of a mixed bag, especially for Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

fwiw the twist was never planned afaik. I'm a few episodes behind but the premiere and one following were very good imo.

The twist made me want to watch the show, and I think it made the first season retroactively more interesting. I would have been disappointed if I started watching the show and by the end there wasn't something more-- cliche or not-- going on.

That said I do wonder how they'll sustain it. May have been better as a season 2 finale twist or something, then Danson could at least be in on it.

• Locked thread