Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Coming to the Costco thread for advice: do they have good chicken fingers, like in the freezer section? That I can take out and bake and shovel into my goon maw? Thanks in advance.

Panko covered uncooked tenndies are good for many goon dish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Clavavisage posted:

Thanks!

update: PURCHASEd

Sound Mr. Brown fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 21, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Clavavisage posted:

Easily the best tendies I’ve ever had. PBUC

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i used to like tyson buffalo tenders that we got at BJs back in the day

mmm

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Statutory Ape posted:

i used to like tyson buffalo tenders that we got at BJs back in the day

mmm

Did you get the gorilla or were you just amused by it?

or: Yo panhandle

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 21, 2017

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Cart update: my store is out of the Sherpa throws and the socks are all in women's sizes, nevermind the color selection :(

The good news is that the chicken tortilla soups are back, and I got 12 two-packs (not pictured)

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Carbage and apples. Post the meat trip.

I wish it was cold enough to warrant sleeping under a blanket. It's gonna be 100+ this weekend still. We still in "sex in front of a box fan" mode around here.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Good Dog posted:

Carbage and apples. Post the meat trip.

I wish it was cold enough to warrant sleeping under a blanket. It's gonna be 100+ this weekend still. We still in "sex in front of a box fan" mode around here.

throw the sherpa on my man, the thrusts are out of this world.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
700 pizzas

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:catstare:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

:discourse:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Costco by my old place now serves chilli. The chilli is good but in typical PBUC fashion it is too much for one acolyte.

Needs fries, tho.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That's like the hourly caloric intake of the nation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
technically its 449 pizzas

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

technically its 449 pizzas

I get 450 even.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Would

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Hey! Hey guys!!! It's here!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Someone cheaped the gently caress out on their corporate pizza party

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

clopping and cumming posted:

Hey! Hey guys!!! It's here!

Waiting for the coupon book to arrive in the mail is a rookie mistake. Don't you guys know that all that poo poo and more is included on the Costco app?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

But what's for dinner

naem
May 29, 2011

valhalla...

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:swoon: PBUC

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Costco app is great if you get a lot of photos done there, especially since most big box photo centers are hot loving garbage

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Taima posted:

Someone cheaped the gently caress out up on classed the gently caress up their corporate pizza party

Fixed that for you. Costco pizzas are far better than most company pizza party pizzas I've ever had.

I once ran an event at work and we decided we wanted hot dogs, we called up the local 'co and asked if we could order 50 dogs and drinks, they said sure, just give us an hour. Tastiest and Cheapest event we ever did.

PBUC

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Costco app is great if you get a lot of photos done there, especially since most big box photo centers are hot loving garbage

Do Costcos still have photo departments? My local one got rid of it and now it's just an online order bullshit like Shutterfly so it's hot loving garbage. I figured they all got rid of the instore photo departments. Another reason I rock a dual membership to Sam's

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I visited the costco for the first time yesterday. I told the tiny girl bouncer that I had no membership, but I wanted to see the promised land. She allowed me in, but only after reiterating 3-4 times that I couldn't buy anything.

At the end of my discovery tour, I was transfixed on this beauty.

But I blew it. I royally blew it, I had eaten too much for lunch.

Dang... and it comes with a drink and a refill? DANG IT

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

moolchaba posted:

I visited the costco for the first time yesterday. I told the tiny girl bouncer that I had no membership, but I wanted to see the promised land. She allowed me in, but only after reiterating 3-4 times that I couldn't buy anything.

I don't understand why there's a person checking cards at the door; someone please explain it to me. Especially since I keep reading that in a lot of places you can still buy alcohol there without a membership.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Generally speaking, you can go in and use the washroom or get yourself a dog without showing your membership card by just scooting in via the out door.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mnemosyne posted:

I don't understand why there's a person checking cards at the door; someone please explain it to me. Especially since I keep reading that in a lot of places you can still buy alcohol there without a membership.

They use it to count members entering and what type of member entered.

If you ain’t an executive just LOL at u

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They use it to count members entering and what type of member entered.

If you ain’t an executive just LOL at u

Can't they just gather that data from checkout? Are they concerned that there are a lot of people that are leaving without buying anything, and that they wouldn't be counted in that total? I really find the card checking to be confusing (and irritating.)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

keeps the riffraff out too

SAs the same way, this place couldn't run if any larkaninny were allowed

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mnemosyne posted:

yeah it's kinda weird cause like, you can't buy anything without a card anyways outside of sections you'd be able to enter via the backdoor for.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mnemosyne posted:

heretics and unbelievers paw at the gates of heaven, desperate only for the deals within while ignoring our customs and sacred rights

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

heretics and unbelievers paw at the gates of heaven, desperate only for the deals within while ignoring our customs and sacred rights

It’s good to be the (executive member status) king.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Maybe it prevents the riffraff from taking all the free samples from those of us who are among the chosen.

I got the executive membership one year, and it didn't turn out to be worth it, so I downgraded but they didn't give me a new card.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
And they had another girl bouncer checking people's receipts when they were going through the out door and writing something on each of their receipts. (Probably "I love you" or giving them her personal number... hot)

It weirded me out that the store staff are dressed in plain clothes, and not even wearing a vest or something. At first I thought they were really enthusiastic customers tearing into product and searching for just the right thing. And they would stare at me was I went by, and I was like, these must be the guardian customers I've heard about on conspiracy websites.

Keep the intruder away from the Kirkland!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mnemosyne posted:

I think the most important reason for this is to make sure that members have their cards on them when they enter the store.

If they didn't check, people would go pick out a poo poo ton of stuff, get to the register, and get denied since they forgot their card or "forgot" their card.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Do Costcos still have photo departments? My local one got rid of it and now it's just an online order bullshit like Shutterfly so it's hot loving garbage. I figured they all got rid of the instore photo departments. Another reason I rock a dual membership to Sam's

Yin and yang. Fire and Water. Love and hate. Light and Darkness. Heaven and Hell.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bucnasti posted:

Fixed that for you. Costco pizzas are far better than most company pizza party pizzas I've ever had.

I once ran an event at work and we decided we wanted hot dogs, we called up the local 'co and asked if we could order 50 dogs and drinks, they said sure, just give us an hour. Tastiest and Cheapest event we ever did.

PBUC

I love Costco like family, so I'm not trying to disparage them here, but the food court pizza is not good pizza. They don't even use fresh dough per se, it's more like a premade wafer of bread that they put toppings on.

The proposition of Costco pizza is clear:

1) Like all cheap pizza, it's good when hot, and overall it's great value for casual instances like game night or whatever
2) You get 5,000 calories for $10

So basically, it's great for its specific purpose. Where you lose me is your insistence that it's objectively good pizza, because it's obviously not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Taima posted:

I love Costco like family, so I'm not trying to disparage them here, but the food court pizza is not good pizza. They don't even use fresh dough per se, it's more like a premade wafer of bread that they put toppings on.

The proposition of Costco pizza is clear:

1) Like all cheap pizza, it's good when hot, and overall it's great value for casual instances like game night or whatever
2) You get 5,000 calories for $10

So basically, it's great for its specific purpose. Where you lose me is your insistence that it's objectively good pizza, because it's obviously not.

Costco dough is real and uses a rad machine to flatten it. Also it rules.

MODS? END THIS HERETIC!