Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It would also be cool to beat both the Yankees and Red Sox in a single postseason on the way to a World Series run

It almost makes me wish the Cardinals had made it (but not quite) so they could potentially beat the top three teams in WS wins all in the same postseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Here's a hot take: Start McCullers instead of Peacock

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah...that's the team's critical problem. We have a fantastic 1-2, but...what the gently caress do you do for the other three games?

I'd say have a Peacock/Morton combo for our #3 and McHugh for one game...but it's not an easy decision to make.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just hope they actually put McHugh on the roster this series

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just hope they actually put McHugh on the roster this series

I read Martes name kicked around. McHugh deserves to be there far more than him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Let's see if Hinch wises up and realizes it's better to have no lefty out of the pen than Liriano

Hell put Sipp on the roster

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MrMidnight posted:

I read Martes name kicked around. McHugh deserves to be there far more than him.

I like Martes but in absolutely no way is he ready for a spot on a playoff roster

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Guys - we're hosed. No one listened to Paul Wall and some rappers made a song about the 'Stros - wrap it up, this poo poo is done.

https://www.facebook.com/975Houston/videos/1504842112942472/?hc_ref=ARS03nQd3zpX-9-wUAtU4fRf7PAKXSudV1NnTNDuM3iqpqRq6vrelP7BC0WnZUvMENI

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Morton to start game 3 with Peacock/McCullers game 4

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Interesting stuff. Why add McHugh to the 25-man roster if you’re not going to start him?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Interesting stuff. Why add McHugh to the 25-man roster if you’re not going to start him?

Potential long relief I guess

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm fine with that, he's an upgrade over the existing bullpen and McCullers.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I lost my voice. Blame Altuve.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Altuve is good baseballl mans

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Holy gently caress man...

Intruder you have never been more wrong than that Verlander trade.

That was so loving worth it. I am on cloud nine.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I know I'm a terrible playoff poster and all but I'm pretty excited about tomorrow's game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly think we have a team that can win it all.

It's been a hell if a ride - appreciate it. Houston sports fans don't get this often

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Beat the Dodgers.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTSU7nEvSs

This is a video of the hype train, that is literally in Minute Maid Park

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

gently caress yeah. Let's go and do this!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have never been happier (or more drunk) to be an Astros fan.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Looks like we're sticking with the Keuchel-Verlander 1-2 punch for the WS. Can't help but feel optimistic about at least one of those games.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Isn't Keuchel on short rest for game 1?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Isn't Keuchel on short rest for game 1?

Regular rest isn't it? Thursday > Tuesday is 4 days off.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yay :unsmith: 4 more wins...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Grittybeard posted:

Regular rest isn't it? Thursday > Tuesday is 4 days off.

He pitched Wednesday, so it's actually an extra day's rest. Verlander will pitch on normal rest.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Very nice we were able to clinch without using Keuchel.

I feel like we have the old Lance back finally.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So we're looking at Keuchel, Verlander, McCullers, Morton?

Honestly feel pretty OK about that heading in.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

After a night to sleep on it (and sobering up) I can't get over how ballsy Bregman's throw was

Ballsy as gently caress. That could have gone wrong in so many ways. He may not be hitting but the kid has confidence and nothing will rattle it. His glove has been a difference maker for the Astros all postseason

There's seriously no weak link on the Astros defensively. It's pretty great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/921947719459057669

Thank you for coming to Houston you two

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Remember when certain folks were hesitant to make that trade?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Remember when certain folks were hesitant to make that trade?

I know right? How dumb they must feel now!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah they could not have been more wrong on that trade

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
We gotta come out of LA 1-1 to have any kind of shot I think.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well if we don't that means both Keuchel and Verlander lost, so yeah pretty much

Against the Yankees I felt like the Astros had the advantage in lineup, top of the rotation, and fielding vs the Yankees with the pen. Against the Dodgers, the Astros have fielding and...narrative?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Astros have a better lineup than the Dodgers.

I still have low faith in this series, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This is fun - the Astros are cool.

https://sports790.iheart.com/content/2017-10-22-steve-sparks-alcs-clubhouse-audio/

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I'm really excited about this guys.

My marriage is probably about to be over, a bombshell my wife dropped on me last week from nowhere, and right now this playoff run is really holding me up.

Even if we lose, I'm just happy we're here.

I know that's a bit much to be sharing on our dead comedy forum, but following along and posting with my goon Astro buddies is really going to help. You're all great and our team is cool and good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ComposerGuy posted:

I know that's a bit much to be sharing on our dead comedy forum, but following along and posting with my goon Astro buddies is really going to help. You're all great and our team is cool and good.

You might wanna exchange notes with No Butt Stuff, he's going through the same thing right now and seems to have his head on straight about it (after some obviously initial bewilderment).

Looking forward to this series, I can't muster up the hate I should be able to for the Dodgers since they spend so much money. But I'm solidly cheering for the Astros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm really excited about this guys.

My marriage is probably about to be over, a bombshell my wife dropped on me last week from nowhere, and right now this playoff run is really holding me up.

Even if we lose, I'm just happy we're here.

Sorry to hear what you're going through. Lord knows I've been pretty close to the same situation with my wife. Stay strong buddy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread