Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This Child for President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

People who don't believe in horseshoe theory just haven't had the misfortune of meeting a tankie.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

rodbeard posted:

People who don't believe in horseshoe theory just haven't had the misfortune of meeting a tankie.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

This kid needs to open a new school of philosophy I think he's got it figured out.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

*looks at people interested in elevating society to total equality*

*looks at racist nerds that scream at the concept of women not being slaves*

galaxy brain: Wowzers, I'm seeing double

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

drat dude, you sure got us

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Dreddout posted:

drat dude, you sure got us

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you cowards don't even smoke crack.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
*you'll

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bayonetta DLC looking great

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

*you'llstve

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
nah bruv

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

so this pops up when you break up on facebook now

(the image to the left would be the current profile picture of who you broke up with, in a circle)

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

here, i''ll start

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gdi Dipsy was the black one, can't these idiots get anything right

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

FFT posted:

here, i''ll start

thanks for the fresh memes :cheers:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FFT posted:

here, i''ll start

Just imagine I photoshopped your post into this circle.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Paladinus posted:

Just imagine I photoshopped your post into this circle.

Holy poo poo learn to antialias your selections, goddamn.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

now we're talking

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I had no idea I needed this

I need this

Don't stop

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Okay I have to say as surreal as memes these days are, I was in no way expecting, and under no circumstances prepared, for Simpsons Shitposts to suddenly get combined with Keeping Up Appearances.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I, being a person with basically no cultural knowledge if it didn't show up on Fox when I was a kid, prefer that Simpsons Shitposts stay pure.

We must secure the existence of our memes and a future for Simpsons Shitposts.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I demand more Simpsons Keeping Up With Appearances shitposts.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I demand more Simpsons Keeping Up With Appearances shitposts.

I'm not sure where they originated, but I'd love to add my contribution to them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

I was waiting for this.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
How the hell is this such a thing now, I had assumed that Keeping Up Appearances was one of those obscure British sitcoms that nobody outside of our rainy beige fortress gave a toss about.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

beato posted:

I'm not sure where they originated, but I'd love to add my contribution to them.

hory shet

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Whybird posted:

How the hell is this such a thing now, I had assumed that Keeping Up Appearances was one of those obscure British sitcoms that nobody outside of our rainy beige fortress gave a toss about.

In the Netherlands they had reruns of it until about 5 years ago. Hell, they could still show a random episode* whenever they got 25 minutes to fill and people would love it.

*there is so much repetition in that show I'm pretty sure in half a century we will have some sort of random episode generator technology for endless viewing

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Oct 22, 2017

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
These memes are 1000x funnier than any episode of Keeping Up Appearances.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

In the Netherlands they had reruns of it until about 5 years ago. Hell, they could still show a random episode whenever they got 25 minutes to fill and people would love it.

Same in (stupid sexy) Flanders, my parents used to watch it from time to time. I never liked it much

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Whybird posted:

It's not as obscure as you think. It's broadcast in a ton of countries. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/12158689/Keeping-Up-Appearances-is-BBCs-most-popular-overseas-export.html

I only found out when my fiance, who is Latvian, was talking about it and I was like "Wait? You know that show?" It's called Smalkais Stils (Fine Manner) over here. Hyacinth's surname is Burkā (Jar) instead of Bucket so that the joke about her name pronunciation actually still kinda works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Whybird posted:

It's one of the best-selling British TV productions ever. I would be very surprised if more people around the globe don't know it than Doctor Who.

I actually bothered to Wikipedia it:

quote:

In February 2016, BBC Worldwide confirmed that Keeping Up Appearances is the corporation's most exported television programme