Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Xarn posted:

The writers are cute when they try to sound techy :v:

e: The TV IV > Arrow Season 6 - Are you coding in SQL or Java?

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Episode was good, until the last scene.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

watch out villains, the green arrow is switching to guns. poo poo got real

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We know he's in the crossover so the change lasts what? 4 episodes max?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

watch out villains, the green arrow is switching to guns. poo poo got real

Gonna be fun to see how Dig's shaky gunhand disappears the moment he picks up a bow.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
So the next episode's gonna open with Lyla storming into Oliver's office and kicking him in the balls, right

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cruel Rose posted:

So the next episode's gonna open with Lyla storming into Oliver's office and kicking him in the balls, right

this should be the opening of every episode tbh

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
okay taken out of the episode.

neither mr terrific and overwatch would ever want to be jobs over waz :p

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

shades of eternity posted:

okay taken out of the episode.

neither mr terrific and overwatch would ever want to be jobs over waz :p

Yeah, I'm not sure how somebody would know enough about Apple to know about Wozniak but not know that he was the nicest person in the world while Jobs was a horrible person, both professionally and personally, who died because he tried to treat his cancer with fruit smoothies

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 22, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of annoyed by this story beat because you know there's no goddamn way it will last, they aren't going to have the star of the show not be the hero.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Watch next week the title card just says MAYOR instead of ARROW :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, its kind of funny how Rene got a new costume but it doesn't seem to be all that better at protecting him seeing as the first time we see him in it he gets shot in the chest and sent to the hospital.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Gonna have to go back to the sleeveless costume for Dig

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

You know, its kind of funny how Rene got a new costume but it doesn't seem to be all that better at protecting him seeing as the first time we see him in it he gets shot in the chest and sent to the hospital.

That was from the fall mostly I think?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobby Digital posted:

Gonna have to go back to the sleeveless costume for Dig

Heavy machine guns need air cooling..

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Wouldn't Rene make a more convincing fakearrow? Dig is, well, bigger than Oliver. Significant amounts of bigger. Rene seems a closer physical match

For maximum lols it should be Quentin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most people haven’t seen the Arrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tessiebee posted:

Wouldn't Rene make a more convincing fakearrow? Dig is, well, bigger than Oliver. Significant amounts of bigger. Rene seems a closer physical match

For maximum lols it should be Quentin.

Have you seen Rene standing next to Oliver and Quentin? He's like a foot shorter.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Have you seen Rene standing next to Oliver and Quentin? He's like a foot shorter.

I just checked, he is apparently 5 foot 8 to Ollie's 6 foot 1. You are right, not a great idea.
Clearly they need to bring back Ras Al Ghul. Archer and also tall according to IMDb.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

To be fair usually getting shot in the chest lands you in the cemetery.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how somebody would know enough about Apple to know about Wozniak but not know that he was the nicest person in the world while Jobs was a horrible person, both professionally and personally, who died because he tried to treat his cancer with fruit smoothies

it's more then that .

Woz invented modern computing , at least in part.

Jobs was essentially a hippy that backed the right horse and marketed the crap out of it.

For all their faults, Terrific and Overwatch have skills. :p

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

it's more then that .

Jobs was essentially a hippy that backed the right horse and marketed the crap out of it.

Maybe they wanted to be the richer person of the two, since they have like 0 money between them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm kind of annoyed by this story beat because you know there's no goddamn way it will last, they aren't going to have the star of the show not be the hero.

Yeah, this feels like a nowhere arc and if it goes on longer than two episodes at most it's gonna wreck the season's flow.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe they wanted to be the richer person of the two, since they have like 0 money between them.

I'm glad they finally brought up the money subject

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although I am concerned that Felicity was able to spend a CEO severance package's worth of money in a year.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
She has to put a $20 into a slot in her back every day for the magical anti-spinal damage chip to work.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Although I am concerned that Felicity was able to spend a CEO severance package's worth of money in a year.

You see how often the Arrow Cave gets destroyed, you think Oliver pays for all that?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

e: The TV IV > Arrow Season 6 - Are you coding in SQL or Java?

For those of you who are luddites or non technical, the technobabble is about as accurate as asking if you want grape jelly or molten lead on your PB sandwich.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

it's more then that .

That's underselling Jobs by quite a lot. He had an uncanny ability for knowing what was next, and an uncompromising eye for detail. Woz was happy making the Apple III, Jobs was responsible for the creation of the Mac.

The man was also an utter tyrant and probably quite unpleasant to be around most of the time, but he had a great eye.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

R-Type posted:

For those of you who are luddites or non technical, the technobabble is about as accurate as asking if you want grape jelly or molten lead on your PB sandwich.

I didn't think it was THAT bad, I've heard worse on TV shows.
Still heaps better than the technobabble on The Big Bang Theory, anyway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Nothing bothers me after watching Bones for 10 years.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

howe_sam posted:

That's underselling Jobs by quite a lot. He had an uncanny ability for knowing what was next, and an uncompromising eye for detail. Woz was happy making the Apple III, Jobs was responsible for the creation of the Mac.

The man was also an utter tyrant and probably quite unpleasant to be around most of the time, but he had a great eye.

Nahhh, obviously he was only good at marketing. It’s not like he had a huge impact on multiple industries or anything.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
CW chose the wrong show to replace the white lead with his black sidekick. Should've been The Flash.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If you guys want technobabble you should have seen this week's ep of The Flash. I think Speed Force would actually have been a better explanation than the technobabble they did this week.

Caitlyn: "This code looks like a virus."
Cisco: "Well yeah."
Caitlyn: "No no," *mashes keys, code turns into a DNA strand* "I mean an organic virus."

"His powers are derived from the binary code in his DNA. If you hit him with this dart we invented, it will flip all the bits in his DNA so that the 1s become 0s and the 0s become 1s."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Argue posted:

If you guys want technobabble you should have seen this week's ep of The Flash.
It's pretty impressive when they manage to gently caress up like 3 scientific disciplines with bad writing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bentacos posted:

CW chose the wrong show to replace the white lead with his black sidekick. Should've been The Flash.

:agreed:

Imagine if Barry came back but had some amnesia or whatever and Wally had to teach him for a few episodes!

But nah he's fine and now Wally you are sidelined even though your suit had no tech lol

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Argue posted:

If you guys want technobabble you should have seen this week's ep of The Flash. I think Speed Force would actually have been a better explanation than the technobabble they did this week.

Caitlyn: "No no," *mashes keys, code turns into a DNA strand* "I mean an organic virus."

"His powers are derived from the binary code in his DNA. If you hit him with this dart we invented, it will flip all the bits in his DNA so that the 1s become 0s and the 0s become 1s."

Wow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Eh, I survived "2 geeks 1 keyboard" so this is fine.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is it hard to get he IT guy to green light the tech babble scene?

"Yo Urkle, does this look right for tech babble...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Argue posted:

For a second I thought "they invented the biological XOR" but realized that I was also wrong.