Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

What a good dog comrade.

She’s no Laika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Haha, oh my god. She actually was fired because she physically would not sniff for bombs.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/19/bomb-sniffing-dog-fired-cia-loses-interest-finding-explosives/
What a good dog.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Comrade Lulu refused to participate in our endless, mindless war on terror

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

How.....how did they figure it out? Did one of her packages explode?
She just didn't want to do it during training.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Great Tits Are Evolving Longer

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All the vampires walked through the Valley. Moved west down Ventura Boulevard

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"Are IMMIGRANTS eating the QUEENS SWANS?" Literally a headline of this poo poo-rag a few years back.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pennsylvania man accused of selling heroin in maternity ward following daughter’s birth

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Man, when it comes to heroin, Pennsylvania Man is very quickly catching up to Florida Man.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SpacePig posted:

Man, when it comes to heroin, Pennsylvania Man is very quickly catching up to Florida Man.

Florida is more meth than heroin.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

SpacePig posted:

Haha, oh my god. She actually was fired because she physically would not sniff for bombs.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/19/bomb-sniffing-dog-fired-cia-loses-interest-finding-explosives/
What a good dog.

I can't say I blame her for not wanting to go near bombs. Hopefully she's been reassigned to cheesing locating detail at home.

Cythereal posted:

Florida is more meth than heroin.

Don't worry rural PA is catching up!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SpacePig posted:

What a good dog.

they should just arrest everyone whose bags she refused to sniff

:thunk:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

SpacePig posted:

What a good dog.

quote:

She now spends her days playing with her handler's children and sniffing out rabbits and squirrels in their back garden.

This'll be a good skill to have when the explosive rabbit uprising starts.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Will Pumpkin Spice Destroy Us All?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

aaa for a second i thought i had forgotten one of the spice girls

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Powaqoatse posted:

aaa for a second i thought i had forgotten one of the spice girls

I know what I'm dressing as for next Halloween!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if you wanna be my hallow
gotta get with my ween

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

As a non-American I Googled pumpkin spice and according to Wikipedia it has been used in America for centuries.
Dunno why it became a trend in the 00's but that writer should chill.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Rolling Stone always thinking of the big picture: What the California Fires Mean for the Weed Industry

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

How dare a thing be popular. MILLENNIALS :argh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sir Lemming posted:

MILLENNIALS :argh:

You discovered the one neat trick to get boomers to pay you for an Op Ed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"Big Hat Enthusiast Attacks Opponent For Big Hat"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/big-hat-enthusiast-attacks-opponent-135105216.html

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i was gonna say "lol its true" but it actually is true so no lols from here

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Rolling Stone always thinking of the big picture: What the California Fires Mean for the Weed Industry

Obviously this is the least of anyone's worries at the moment, but these fires are devastating both vineyards and cannabis farms. :ohdear:

The vineyards will at least, one hopes, have access to USDA disaster funding, but the weed folks are fuuuuuucked.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Did 'The Walking Dead' save a domestic violence victim's life?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

From the Unnerving Article thread. It's a long read, but so worth it.

Skelicopter posted:

Dirty John.

A long read, but worth it. It's well-written and the story is absolutely engrossing, revealing the kind of damage a single, pathological man can do to an entire family.

I've read about a lot of sociopaths, but John isn't a serial killer - though he definitely fits the profile. The fact his crimes were slightly less outlandish actually made the story more unsettling, in some ways, as they seemed less like something from a horror movie and more like something I can imagine happening in my own or my friends' lives.

And boy, does the story escalate.

One thing that struck me was the description of how, when John got angry and let his facade slip, people looked into his eyes and saw an "utter void" looking back - it's identical to the way contemporaries have described Henry Lee Lucas, or Bundy, or any number of other psychopaths. They're charming, until suddenly something switches and they're utterly not.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:rip: satire

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

As a non-American I Googled pumpkin spice and according to Wikipedia it has been used in America for centuries.
Dunno why it became a trend in the 00's but that writer should chill.

The article is basically 'millennials :argh:' but to their credit they don't state it explicitly

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

AlbieQuirky posted:

Obviously this is the least of anyone's worries at the moment, but these fires are devastating both vineyards and cannabis farms. :ohdear:

The vineyards will at least, one hopes, have access to USDA disaster funding, but the weed folks are fuuuuuucked.

The weed farmers who stayed are too busy giggling to care.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Phlegmish posted:

The article is basically 'millennials :argh:' but to their credit they don't state it explicitly

top 10 dogwhistles, you wont believe your ears!!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

From the Unnerving Article thread. It's a long read, but so worth it.

Requoting this, because although the entire situation is so wrong and infuriating it might be one of the few times being a crazy zombie preparedness fanatic actually paid off in the most satisfying way imaginable

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Jim Carrey is now claiming that his late girlfriend contracted the STDs that supposedly made her suicidal before meeting him — and not after, like her family alleges.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Give me a sixer if you must, but that is god damned retarded.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

It's incredible how insanely biased this news article is against Carrey's young girlfriend. Yes, she played the long con by forging documents and then actually, literally committing suicide, so her family could get money. Seems like a rational thing that any judge would see.

the judge will rule in carrey's favor regardless

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I hadn't heard of the original lawsuit. Is giving someone STDs illegal? Is there precedent for this?
I didn't realize "she was depressed because you gave her an STD" counted as manslaughter, is that normal? Or is this more of a "you gave her the drugs so it's negligent" type deal?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This is how you chose to out yourself?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

GrossMurpel posted:

I hadn't heard of the original lawsuit. Is giving someone STDs illegal? Is there precedent for this?
Something doesn't need to be illegal to be a tort. And, yes, there is plenty of precedent, although primarily for incurable STDs.

quote:

I didn't realize "she was depressed because you gave her an STD" counted as manslaughter, is that normal? Or is this more of a "you gave her the drugs so it's negligent" type deal?
The argument might be that she was depressed because of the STD, and that supplying her with the drugs knowing her mental state was incredibly negligent.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Man Loses Facebook Bet With Michigan Police, Turns Himself In With Doughnuts in Hand

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Know what, props to this guy for actually honouring his side of the bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is such a silly bet that I think he just looked for an excuse to turn himself in in style.