Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Gonna check out that AI thing in 3 months against SPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
It just keeps buying Southwest Airlines over and over again trying to fill an unfillable void

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

vaginal facsimile posted:

Bought 2lbs of weed. Willing to sell, if the price is right, Natch

Buy low, sell...high??????

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

100% VFIAX for 5 years

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
The problem with systems like Watson is that you can feed it a bajillion pages of info and it makes connections and can give reasonably reliable answers but it's a black box, you don't know _why_ it come up with any particular answer. So it's very susceptible to errors as a result of false patterns and its logic can't be verified. Which is why it needs a human between its conclusions and the real world. I wouldn't rely on it for medicine or finance.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

100% VFIAX for 5 years

Take this no load index poo poo to the Boring Ways to Invest and Not Lose Everything Thread. This here is the thread for real men trading real stocks controlled by real robots.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/20/investing/axon-taser-sec-probe/index.html

Curious to see how this plays out. I still think it's a winner if they can keep law enforcement agencies on board with bodycams once their free trials end (I do not own any AAXN).

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I've been 75% cash since January, guess I should throw some money at robots. In for 100 on Monday.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Serious question, why would anyone ever sit at 75% cash? I mean something like 10-20% cash I can get

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Accretionist posted:

I predicted 3 out of the last 0 recessions and we're definitely due for one soon.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

At least put your money somewhere safe like bitcoin, jeez

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
I'm dropping Folio First (after Loyal3 shuttered) and as a result finally dumped all my positions in GPRO (along with a few others)

..and then the fucker has gone up a few % since then along with all but one other stock in my [former] portfolio.

I swear I should have a Twitter feed with my planned trades so that everyone else can do the opposite

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Heh.

quote:

Dear Sir,

With exception for IPOs on Euronext, we've to add listings on other markets manually. I've added the tickers CARG and AIEQ on the secured site now.
Either way, I have access to AIEQ now.

Also means that I can't use that broker for the eventual Spotify IPO DPO. :|

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 21, 2017

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

what ghetto broker is that??? or is this some Other Country poo poo? :raise:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Some other country poo poo. I'm in Belgium. They're also my bank and everything.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Speaking of AIEQ it looks like the best performing underlying investment they have is ITGR and it's been killing it basically since inception. I may actually have to do a little research on that one.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Not to take away from the AI trader bot overlord discussion, but did anyone hop onto Friday's mongoDB IPO? I was all up in that grill until they announced their $24 share price.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 22, 2017

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Can you actually get IPO shares as a mere mortal? At the price they're being offered that is? The stock chart says they started at $32.10.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 16, 2019

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Zacks ftw lmfao

https://twitter.com/BagholderQuotes/status/921163072437440512

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

cowofwar posted:

Which is why it needs a human between its conclusions and the real world. I wouldn't rely on it for medicine or finance.

Machines can't possibly replicate the bullshit financial predictions of real humans...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

This also covers every article on seekingalpha

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Zacks is good for one thing and it's their earnings calendar

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Combat Pretzel posted:

Can you actually get IPO shares as a mere mortal? At the price they're being offered that is? The stock chart says they started at $32.10.

It was the big selling point back in the Loyal3 days. I was able to get 20-30% returns when something would IPO (pity I was working with such tiny cash amounts)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That's why I'm hoping that the Spotify DPO creates some hype and that buying in early nets me some gains. I just need to know the ticker in advance and massage my trader/bank to add it, since for some reason US tickers need to be done manually.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Is there a fixed income or FX thread somewhere

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Part of my job at work is to audit employee brokerage statements and log any trades they placed to make sure they got approval.

Our new temp is trying to argue that he should be exempt because he works for a temp agency. He is a day trader. He also looks at Zacks for stock tips.

For my sake I hope he gets approval so I don't have to go through a 30 page statement where he makes $5 a month.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Risky Bisquick posted:

This also covers every article on seekingalpha

lol yes but worse

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I am a fan of those sites that only bring up their "winning" picks when talking about a stock that has done well recently.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Speaking of, should we all buy into SNES? Huge spike today off news that they actually did something business-y and it has the same initials as a Nintendo system we all probably like!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Rambus top and bottom beat, guidance tbd (9minutes) in line with the street estimates. AMD licenses Rambus technology for use with its entire ryzen x86 division. AMD cpu division looking ok for now

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 23, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Speaking of, should we all buy into SNES? Huge spike today off news that they actually did something business-y and it has the same initials as a Nintendo system we all probably like!
They make bait stations that make rats infertile. Don't see much reason for the pop to continue

...he said as the stock rose another 50% over the next week.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SNES creating a generation of incels you say?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

MMM gapped up huge and I forgot to buy it yesterday :(

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

KNL up 12% :fuckyeah:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

KNL up 12% :fuckyeah:
Crazy that their competitor HNI who also reported a beat last night is down 20%.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Gracias to whoever pointed out I was a dummy for paying :10bux: on each trade. I totally thought that was just industry standard for Canada with no way around it.

Moved my junk to Questrade and now it's $5, with free buys for ETFs. Mucho better.

Now if only we could get Robinhood up here so I could scalp for pennies while taking dumps. Alas.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought Robinhood didn't do penny stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Robinhood doesn't do warrants or options either