Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

its kinda weird bif is buddying up w/ gif kind of, but im not sure thats indictative of either of bif's or gif's alignments.

yeah gif is feeling odd to me a bit, but for some reason its leading me towards the town side. im not sure why he keeps going onto thrangles tho it seems like he started it out as a joke vote but i cant tell if hes serious voting thrangles or not.

I am buddying up to Gif because Gif is my buddy, and an upstanding dude

I'd be willing to have a go testing his D1 scumdar

##vote thranguy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

flerp posted:

thoughts

was reading hal as town before the cop claim. it felt like p much every other bif slapfight where she's engaging w/ another townie and with the cop claim there's no way in hell im voting for hal (wouldnt vote for him anyways w/o the cop claim tbh). also, prob wont vote for bif i think she leans more town side for me. its kinda weird bif is buddying up w/ gif kind of, but im not sure thats indictative of either of bif's or gif's alignments.

i agree that the bif/hal slapfight doesnt help anybody. creates a lot of posts, but of only two people, and its hard for anybody (scum or town) to post since the thread becomes so focused on them. makes it easy for scum to just sit on back and sip on their lemonade as they watch the thread implode.

yeah gif is feeling odd to me a bit, but for some reason its leading me towards the town side. im not sure why he keeps going onto thrangles tho it seems like he started it out as a joke vote but i cant tell if hes serious voting thrangles or not.

actually when looking at thrangles himself there's a lot "yeah i agree w/ this" but not a lot of their own independent thought. could be newbie uncertainity, or d1 uncertainity, or scum trying to find the "safest" case (which i feel like thrangles has always chosen, when it becomes oppurtune. such as going onto hal after multiple people have read him and then switching onto opop who is voting for claimed cop). i feel like it might be the last one.

hosed up but im feeling a thrangles vote myself. me 2-ing a lot but in a way that feels like its attempting to be w/ the "safest" case and not trying to actually find scum.

It's uncertainty of both types, be sure. There are a lot of claims based on playstyle history or proclivity to sub out as scum vs town that I don't have any way to evaluate getting thrown around. I've been trying to find the best case in a day full of weak cases, with the only one that felt remotely strong to be getting a cop claim, and now that we're actually getting close to deadline I'm looking for the vote that doesn't help a day one no-lynch happen, which I guess could read the same as 'safest'.

I don't quite understand your case for opop tbh. Can't they be both dumb and scum?

Anyhow, for independent thought, if opop does have a solid explanation to give, maybe we should look at grandicap next? Of all of our most lurkier people right now his posts feel the most sit-back-and-sip-lemonade-y.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey before I forget, once I end up conveniently dead on the same night Hal copped me, oh darn, look at Tobbs tomorrow I still got a bad hunch about him

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hi everyone I was camping this weekend and catching up now. Here are my thoughts on the people who have votes on them right now

Retro - nothing but shitposts (yay d1) other than literally the last post they made which is kind of a case I guess.

Hal - fullclaimed, not worth the risk today. this is a no brainer.

Thran - there's no case on him from stonecold. flerp's case is about as good as a d1 case can be.

Bif - the hal/bif draws too much attention for either of them to be scum.

Apos - Case on them is as good as on thran I guess. Both of them feel like trying to contribute without contributing.

I strongly believe d1 is a waste of time in terms of casebuilding. but that d1 kills are important so I'm gonna ## vote thran and will be happy to switch to apos, or a better case.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Scum team pushing for a last minute vote swing imo

##vote Aposte

you've been on aposte literally since the beginning only because they're acting like a newbie or something

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Also infinitum, you're saying apos (aka the scum) is pushing for a swing vote? Can you show??

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Also infinitum, you're saying apos (aka the scum) is pushing for a swing vote? Can you show??

Infinitum doesn't like my Third Votes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

you've been on aposte literally since the beginning only because they're acting like a newbie or something

Also for weird as gently caress whining about how she wasn't going to survive the day so we might as well just kill her, after only 3 votes were put on her :eng101:

RF had 3 votes on him earlier once the heat had gone off of Hal, due to the cop claim
Asiina, Thran, and Apostate

People are suss on Thran as well for a bit, so my lizard brain tells me it might be scum trying to start a new swing vote onto RF before deadline hits.

The current vote leaders are Thran + RF at 4 votes each now... so yeah.. I'm more inclined to vote Thran at this point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

Infinitum doesn't like my Third Votes.

I literally never said this

Stop putting words in my mouth Liar McLiarpants

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hosting in laws all weekend. I’ll be around in a few hours before deadline

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

The current vote leaders are Thran + RF at 4 votes each now... so yeah.. I'm more inclined to vote Thran at this point.

I'm actually more inclined to for RF right now. The last post by Thranguy at least gives the impression that he will give thoughts in his posts and I'm not so sure we can count on Retro to do the same. I'd still vote thranguy to avoid a no lynch, but I think Opop is the better vote right now, so I'll go ahead and ##vote Retro

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (5): Asiina, Thranguy, apostateCourier, Mr. F!, TMMadman
Thranguy (4): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, flerp, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Hal Incandenza (2): Asiina, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Asiina, Infinitum, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Infinitum
apostateCourier (2): Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Infinitum, flerp, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (1): Hal Incandenza, flerp, apostateCourier, flerp, apostateCourier
Grandicap (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Asiina, Infinitum, apostateCourier, flerp, Asiina, flerp, apostateCourier, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Thranguy, Thranguy
STONE COLD 64 (0): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 53 minutes.

The baying of dogs grows louder.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

You're right, it wasn't you Infini. Just read through your posts again. Sec.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thran feels like "new player" more than anything else. Not a huge amount to go on whether that's new town or new scum, I'm leaning town, but the me tooing and going along with things without coming up with original thoughts is definitely a new person thing, and they're right in that cases based on meta are going to be useless and difficult to latch onto for discussion.

I don't want to vote Thran today.

Inf is giving me bad feels tho.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah it was Tobbs that didn't like my third vote-ing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf you list the people on Opop. Which of us do you think is scum? All of us?

Why wouldn't the vote move to a new person after the vote leader claims cop?

It feels like throwing out low level suspicion without really explaining why any of that is scummy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Thran feels like "new player" more than anything else. Not a huge amount to go on whether that's new town or new scum, I'm leaning town, but the me tooing and going along with things without coming up with original thoughts is definitely a new person thing, and they're right in that cases based on meta are going to be useless and difficult to latch onto for discussion.

I don't want to vote Thran today.

Inf is giving me bad feels tho.

Asiina posted:

Inf you list the people on Opop. Which of us do you think is scum? All of us?

Why wouldn't the vote move to a new person after the vote leader claims cop?

It feels like throwing out low level suspicion without really explaining why any of that is scummy.

So you're suddenly suspicious of me because I lumped you in with Thran and Apostate on the RF vote, but never mentioned you at all (Because I didn't think you were scum, thus not worth mentioning)
Interesting :nyoron:

Also I did explain my positioning in that it was triggering my lizard brain that it might be scum swinging onto a towny after a claim.

Not a lot to go on D1 other than your own personal suspicions.

Now I really want to see how this plays out
##vote Thran

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't know if I buy the Hal claim, it feels too much like he overthought what an ecco role would be and claimed that. That being said, I am not going to vote claimed cop with a built in killswitch d1.
##unvote

Flerp is right and is thinking what I am thinking, the thran vote on the rapidly building Opop train seems to be trying to get in on the ground floor of the groundswell not that he buys the case at all.

##vote thranguy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I would like to see Grandicap post more, he dropped a very early vote on me and then left forever

And TMM is the one who pointed out that scum like to hide during slap fights but also never commented whatsoever on me and bifs thing even though it was in full swing when he posted that

That is an unfair assessment, weekend posting is sporadic at best.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Following up with I'll probably be unavailable for deadline, maybe... weekends are a fickle beast.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
To people that are voting Thran, what is your opinion of this post:

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok, going through the last couple pages I flipped back to town on Hal for his sincere stuff, but I think I’ve come back around to scum as it went on. Laid it on a little too thick imo

Reminder this comes after a cop claim and makes no mention of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like Inf and Grandi, your logic would hold up if it was a switch to a lurker like FL/Mags or gif, someone who hasn't been around for a while, but Opop made a really bad post so don't pretend that these votes came out of nowhere.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

To people that are voting Thran, what is your opinion of this post:

Reminder this comes after a cop claim and makes no mention of it.

I actually agree with Opops call there. Like that is what I think of Hals posting. But the cop claim with the kill switch trumps it for me. Without the built in kill switch I might still be voting Hal, maybe.

Opop doesn't mention it, but it feels like a drive by post, he could have missed it. I don't know, it doesn't feel damning to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know how anyone can agree or disagree with Opop because his post has no substance at all. He's voting for Hal, then thought he was town for a while (why??) then decided nah he's scum (WHY???) and also again he never mentions the claim.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, this was opops post prior to the one in question:

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean I feel you need to take into consideration the fact that I was found guilty and killed

It is innoffensive, but more importantly, 2 days before the one that people are jumping over.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok, going through the last couple pages I flipped back to town on Hal for his sincere stuff, but I think I’ve come back around to scum as it went on. Laid it on a little too thick imo

He hasn't posted since. I don't know how much time everyone has to put into games like this over the weekend, but a quick reread and dropping a hasty post and vote d1 don't feel like a big deal to me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thranguy posted:

##unvote

Not quite buying any of the cases out there enough to pick a side yet though.

Thran is sidelineing

He then cheerleads the first big case of the game.

Thranguy posted:

I find that read pretty convincing. Not ready to risk an early hammer, but a lot stronger than any other case I've seen so far.

And then the bandwagon vote here:

Thranguy posted:

I'm not sure how easy to test it really is. If their faking they can either claim they investigated the person the scum killed or that they were blocked, depending on if they become hated. Either of which could very well actually happen.

Still, also not going to vote for a day one cop claim.

##vote Retro Futurist

Right now that looks like the strongest case to me.

Thran is the scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Thran counter-claims cop and we can kick this boring rear end D1 into high gear :allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Or it's his second game ever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

I don't know how anyone can agree or disagree with Opop because his post has no substance at all. He's voting for Hal, then thought he was town for a while (why??) then decided nah he's scum (WHY???) and also again he never mentions the claim.

Yeah it does, other people called Hal sincere, Opop though he laid it on too thick after it intially swaying him. It isn't a deep read, but it is pretty close to how I feel about Hal.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

Really? Damnit.

##unvote

That colors his posts in a different light.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cheerleading and being scared of dropping a vote is as easily indicative of new player play as it is of scum play. Now I need to find a new vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Stands in an alley

Psst, hey kid. I got a vote here for you. Top of the line vote. The ladies will love it.

Opens trenchcoat to reveal a series of "##vote Opop" bumperstickers

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

Stands in an alley

Psst, hey kid. I got a vote here for you. Top of the line vote. The ladies will love it.

Opens trenchcoat to reveal a series of "##vote Opop" bumperstickers

I find Opops post neutral at worst, and at best mimics my opinions of Hal. Also I like playing with him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

havent read thread since last post but sun night football means i wont be back til after deadline

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who the gently caress is Stone Cold?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Gaspy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I had to look it up, it's gif who got a name change.

That's not confusing at all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Name change in the middle of a game?

Scumspicious

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Heyyyy

I just remembered something funny

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bif I guess I just don’t even understand what you think my motivation was at the start? I was so afraid of you replacing in I had to quickly make something up to hurriedly get you out of the game based off something I couldn’t reasonably expect anyone to agree with me on and was almost sure to turn out just like this?

Hal, if you wouldn't expect anyone to believe you and honestly believed it "was almost sure to turn out just like this", thus making your case such a risky, risky move, too risky for scum, and it's so frustrating I can't understand that...

Why'd you make such a risky move when you're the cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Been mulling it over for a bit.
Even though it's gonna look like absolute loving rear end unvoting him after I made a case against him, I'm not super comfortable with my vote on Thranguy atm as it really is his second game and I was not aware of this

##unvote

I'll vote Thran or whoever to avoid a no-lynch, but I have a personal policy of not voting off new guys on D1 to promote growth in the community. (And I've stated as such in games past)

• Locked thread