Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Combat Theory posted:

I see Thoatse is also wasting his evening with

"Star Citizen: How Great Communities Make Great Games"

https://go.twitch.tv/twitchconheyguys

Don't kinkshame

https://i.imgur.com/XnWBupT.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

If i was Scott Manley in the Audience i would have had a Meltdown 5 Times already.

Scott you have the self control of a Monk

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Scott Manley is one of many, many good people caught up in this mess. I hope he doesn't catch any flak from the citizenry for consorting with goons.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Loxbourne posted:

Scott Manley is one of many, many good people caught up in this mess. I hope he doesn't catch any flak from the citizenry for consorting with goons.

Jared and Ben both have SA accounts, everything in SC has goons involved.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

illectro posted:

Is MoMA Ben or Jared

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

How long is the ball pit open?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Daztek posted:

Is MoMA Ben or Jared

MoMA is them sharing a keyboard and typing at the same time like in that one episode of NCIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

illectro posted:

Let's be real, almost every choice CIG has made at any given step during this has been the gooniest possible option. It's goons all the way down.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it's alright the implosion of star citizen will be the necessary catalyst for a revolutionary marxist gamer party that will make pc gaming great again and seize the means of production

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lando handwaving away "toxicity in the community" is amazing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"I don't even call them toxic" - Ben 'toxic dinks' Lesnick lmao

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

the guy who used the term 'leavers' denying his weird cultish language, lmao

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

The ED player invasion of the stream's chat midway through was pretty funny.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Latin Pheonix posted:

The ED player invasion of the stream's chat midway through was pretty funny.
Toxic dinks!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Is there a word in German for when the randomly generated twitch url is oddly fitting in regards to its contents?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

you heard it here first, the game is practically finished at this point!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
That session was as cringey as I imagined. I loved the condescension toward people questioning how long it's taking them and that their development cycle is completely normal. Also, Jeremiah jumped all over the guy who has $200 in the game when he politely asked about feature creep.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
I'd be annoyed too if they asked me that. If you are still loving "invested" in late 2017 asking dipshit questions like that. Like get fuckin real you know the score, either stay bought into the cult or leave.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Fuckin pansy comin in with the weaksauce feature creep crap. Its not 2013. Its fuckin October 2017 we are on Thetan level 12 here get with the fuckin program

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Buy this fuckin Pioneer. "What does it do???" gently caress off like it actually will matter. Like honestly in 2017 you still need this veneer of relevancy to an actual game? Just buy it.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
I think I understand Lando now.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
"Those were some powerful posts Bloodyscab". Agreed guy with the same voice as mine.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

BloodyScab posted:

I think I understand Lando now.

Lando is just doing what every good conman does by refusing to buy into the hype he's selling.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

BloodyScab posted:

"Those were some powerful posts Bloodyscab". Agreed guy with the same voice as mine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
That's probably as much proof as we're going to get that 3.0 is the MVP and after release it will be cut-and-run time.

Although weren't they saying just in the last stream that the game's barely started?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Timestamp?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:lol:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Loxbourne posted:

That's probably as much proof as we're going to get that 3.0 is the MVP and after release it will be cut-and-run time.

Although weren't they saying just in the last stream that the game's barely started?

The game is both almost finished and barely started; it is trapped in a quantum state until you release 3.0 and the waveform collapses.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

im this but with four beers in me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

whooooooooaaa

I'd be posting this on the neogaf thread but the whole site got smote

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/PuzYo2A.gifv

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Derek will post this without attribution in 3... 2... 1...

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Derek will post this without attribution in 3... 2... 1...

Fair enough; I posted it without attributing the guy in the Discord who made the clip

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Someone posted it on reddit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Viscous Soda posted:

I found this a while back on Reddit. It immediately made me think of Star Citizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/76y4pm/when_you_only_know_how_to_write_brute_force/dohume8/

Now think how absolutely hosed star citizen is to run at 13 fps despite this.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Loxbourne posted:

Lando two days ago:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Also why is the concept artist who designs the clothing and draws the JPEGs chiming in on feature creep and broader game design?

Says something when even the concept artists are in on the shenanigans and lying to perpetuate them.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Wait was Lesnick running Neogaf this whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

What exactly is Operation Pitchfork? It seems very "fake and gay" at first glance

I said I'd join and then quietly gank those pitchfork dudes while they were busy with npcs in their thread, and I got an angry message by one of the organizers how all the big orgs would be participating and if I do this, I'll be kill on sight for everyone ever forever. It was really funny, because this happened pretty loving late when it was getting clear the game won't be out in a long while, if ever.