Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

Is that to get the Eeveeium Z?

could be, sounds about right. it's something to do anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

oddium posted:

zarbi is unown

Ta!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

+1 to all the comments on the switch being portable. I exclusively use it as a handheld(if a large one) just because that is the most comfortable way for me to play it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AlternateNu posted:

I guess US/UM are the last mainline Pokemon games I'm getting, then.

There is no way I'm buying a Switch just for pokemon, and even if I did, I play the game because its easy and a fun way to pass the time on travel or like reading a book before going to sleep. gently caress if I would travel with a Switch or keep one next to my bed..

I too can't fathom the idea of bringing a small tablet with me when I travel. I most certainly don't do that already with man other, bulkier, pieces of technology

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Importantly with the Battle Tree there are a whole bunch of high-level regular trainers to fight en route to it, culminating in a showdown with either Red or Blue, your choice. It's like Vast Poni Canyon II: Victory Road Harder. So even if you don't care about the destination, the journey should be fun.

Might be worth doing some of the other stuff first though, so you don't end up horrendously overlevelled for stuff like Eevee Quest.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 21, 2017

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

AlternateNu posted:

There is no way I'm buying a Switch just for pokemon, and even if I did, I play the game because its easy and a fun way to pass the time on travel or like reading a book before going to sleep. gently caress if I would travel with a Switch or keep one next to my bed..

The switch is really really small. It's bigger than the 3ds but not by much.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AlternateNu posted:

It's about the size of a small tablet. Sure, you're not going to keep it in your pocket, but it's hardly a burden.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Thanks for the replies, guys. :hfive:

Guess there is still some stuff to do.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Today I learned there's a biological basis for the Zubat line to be half-poison.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/bats-really-do-harbor-more-dangerous-viruses-other-species

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I think the Eevee quest would have benefited from being early in the game, or even sort of a new game plus thing. Have a nice fresh cute Eevee with a killer z move, the only time it works is early game.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

AlternateNu posted:

The size isn't too bad for using it as a portable, which is my plan. I wouldn't get it JUST for pokemon, but if there's other games you like the look of, it might be worth it. I'm personally really excited to see what Gamefreak can DO with the extra data space.

EDIT: Like I think Gamefreak tends to push the envelope of storage space and what hardware can do a lot, even looking back at earlier gens. Generation 7 is amazing but with the added capacity the Switch has generation 8 is probably going to be loving stellar.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 22, 2017

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

I think the Eevee quest would have benefited from being early in the game, or even sort of a new game plus thing. Have a nice fresh cute Eevee with a killer z move, the only time it works is early game.

i dont think an adaptability boosted +2 140 base power move is very fair to have in the early game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why doesnt bonemerang hit flying targets

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Countblanc posted:

why doesnt bonemerang hit flying targets

Because you're throwing them on the ground

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Ruggington posted:

i dont think an adaptability boosted +2 140 base power move is very fair to have in the early game

I thought it awarded Extreme Evoboost?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Filthy Haiku posted:

I thought it awarded Extreme Evoboost?

it does

quote:

Extreme Evoboost (Japanese: ナインエボルブースト Nine Evol Boost) is a non-damaging Normal-type Z-Move introduced in Generation VII. It is the exclusive Z-Move of Eevee and a transformed version of its Last Resort.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
and last resort has 140 power

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
cut my life into pieces

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's pain split

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is there a list of very cool Pokemon showdown replays I could peruse?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ariong posted:

This is a good one.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I saw that one when it was posted earlier. It made me want to see a list of some more funny and cool replays, but it's seems like nobody has complied them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Is Hyper Cutter or Intimidate the better ability for a Mawile?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Ariong posted:

I saw that one when it was posted earlier. It made me want to see a list of some more funny and cool replays, but it's seems like nobody has complied them.

there are these things that some guy made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEtMG8xQ3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnX-FEheYFU

PetraCore posted:

Intimidate is better in general to take advantage of having the best typing in the game and letting you get a swords dance but hyper cutter lets you nuke landorus if you have something else that can sweep more easily with it gone.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I am Reverend posted:

Intimidate is better in general to take advantage of having the best typing in the game and letting you get a swords dance but hyper cutter lets you nuke landorus if you have something else that can sweep more easily with it gone.
Alright, thanks! Trying to breed a shiny Mawile and the foreign 5iv adamant nature Mawile I'm breeding with has Hyper Cutter, so it's reassuring that they've both got their uses no matter how the dice roll.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I am Reverend posted:

there are these things that some guy made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEtMG8xQ3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnX-FEheYFU

remember when burn did 12% and talonflame existed

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Ariong posted:

I have one where a Shiinotic grabbed me a win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-565975863

I'm bad at this game.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 22, 2017

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

PetraCore posted:

Sheer Force :colbert:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
USUM version exclusives:

https://twitter.com/kabonegames/status/921234698386292736

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

PetraCore posted:

I assume you're asking for singles but in case you're you're asking for doubles/VGC18 then Intimidate is better as it hits both the opponents.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

remember when burn did 12% and talonflame existed

who

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I have an extra Marshaddow and Red Charizard code. I would really like an Ash-Greninja. Any chance someone would be interested?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I posted this in discord, but Serebii reports that move tutors will be in US/UM

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I posted this in discord, but Serebii reports that move tutors will be in US/UM

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/77ue9n/new_details_about_usum_interview_with_game_freak/

the end of the interview here has this in the end:

Eurogamer Portugal posted:

I realised you added a Surf minigame where in the end, depending on our performance, we get a score. Is there any reward for completing this activity?

Kazumasa Iwao posted:

As you saw, in Mantine Surf you can resort to several techniques to reach higher scores. At the end you receive points and you can use them to pay the Move Tutor, who can teach you Pokémon different moves they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Moon. You can also trade your points for useful items.

There are many places where you can do Mantine Surf, namely areas that link two islands. We want players to use this activity to help them progress during the story.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

s2g if they put the tutor at the battle tree or some poo poo

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Works for me. Better than collecting shards, at least.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

False gamer

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Sounds like someone isn't a Pokemon master.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Link me to some cool QR code rental teams to mess around with. I like variety so it could be anything but I prefer teams that give me at least a chance to win. I like both singles and doubles and in doubles I like weather teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age