Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wild Dog is Latino, Ragman was Jewish(but he got written out), Mr. Terrific, and John Diggle

Also new black canary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, I agree with all that. I'm glad that it's not as sad anymore, but that still leaves the bad writing. They don't know what to do with half the characters, Barry has had very little growth over the course of the series, and the humor just isn't hitting.

I'm starting to think that the grim, depressing tone of the past couple seasons was just a convenient scapegoat, and the real problem is that the show is kinda bad.

Wild Dog is Latino, Ragman was Jewish(but he got written out), Mr. Terrific, and John Diggle

Never mind already mentioned

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Iris is the only character who hasn't pointlessly hidden important poo poo from the other characters, which puts her in a good position to be the team leader.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Iris is the only character who hasn't pointlessly hidden important poo poo from the other characters, which puts her in a good position to pointlessly hide important poo poo from the other characters.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Tagichatn posted:

Also new black canary.

Yeah I was thinking that too, looked it up and checks out.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Iris is the only character who hasn't pointlessly hidden important poo poo from the other characters, which puts her in a good position to be the team leader.
Iris was the one who said they shouldn't tell Joe about her future death.

EDIT: Or maybe it was Wally or Barry? poo poo I don't remember Season3 anymore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lotus circle posted:

Iris was the one who said they shouldn't tell Joe about her future death.

EDIT: Or maybe it was Wally or Barry? poo poo I don't remember Season3 anymore.
It might have been Iris but it's still a better decision than "can't tell anyone I'm Killer Frost again despite that constantly happening and they have all the resources to help me."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked Barry watching all the TV from the time he was in the speed force, though he was really far behind on Game of Thrones.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I forgot to mention it because I was too bummed about Wally getting denied the intro monologue, but how loving cool were those first opening scenes in the first episode of the Flash where EVERYONE on screen was a person of color? I was geeking out hard af when the Flash team was walking down the hall and noticed right away how brown the show got.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It might have been Iris but it's still a better decision than "can't tell anyone I'm Killer Frost again despite that constantly happening and they have all the resources to help me."

I'm more disappointed they took such a massive step back from Integrated Caitlyn to The Incredible Frost myself.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The worst part of the episode was Barry flipping through Game of Thrones and casually dropping a spoiler. I'm only through Season 3!! it's not fair :negative:

but I really liked the episode, who is the dude in the chair supposed to be?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

The worst part of the episode was Barry flipping through Game of Thrones and casually dropping a spoiler. I'm only through Season 3!! it's not fair :negative:

but I really liked the episode, who is the dude in the chair supposed to be?

Thinker. His superpower is... well. Yeah.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Being evil Stephen hawking?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Being evil Stephen hawking?

Think about it...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

He's the perfect antagonist for Barry Allen: The Stupidest Man Alive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

He's the perfect antagonist for Barry Allen: The Stupidest Man Alive.

Yup. Also note his first plan involved rounding up a meta he (presumably) gave powers to and making sure he got put in a cell

I'm not 100% sure Thinker isn't our new protagonist

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man Danny Trejo is gonna be showing up this season???

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bring in Steampunk Bowie Wells from Earth 17. NOW.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

R-Type posted:

Bring in Steampunk Bowie Wells from Earth 17. NOW.

What about Wells from Earth 11, where he's the Flash, and Barry is the Reverse Flash

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I still say they should find a Wells who stole Thawne’s face instead of the inverse so we can get Matt Letscher back on the show.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I really hope Caitlin gets 5 minutes to tell the group she's struggling with Killer Frost problems this week!

The longer that goes on the more annoyed I'll be about it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

What about Wells from Earth 11, where he's the Flash, and Barry is the Reverse Flash

you put an extra "1" in there

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Early in the episode there was a quick shot when Cisco is showing Barry his new costume, Wally says something sarcastic, and Isis shushes him. It gives me some hope that they're building to a story where Wally is a little frustrated with being sidekicked but Iris is probably trying to ease Barry back before she pushes for Wally to get more attention.

Also naturally I want him to do a Semester on the Waverider.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Now that everyone keeps saying it Wally should go kick it on Legends. Having two dumb speedster heroes on one show is a little much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wally on Legends really makes perfect sense.

1) He's clearly redundant and sidekicked next to Barry.
2) He'd be massively powered compared to the rest of the Legends which would be cool and different.
3) He's still hugely inexperienced so Sarah could still boss him around.
4) He'd have a great time with Ray, Nate, and Jax. He needs some friends of his own.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just reread my last post and forgot to add that sounds like a good idea. Although they might run into the Firestorm problem and not have enough fx money for him to use his powers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

I just reread my last post and forgot to add that sounds like a good idea. Although they might run into the Firestorm problem and not have enough fx money for him to use his powers.

They didn't have that much of an issue with Thawne. Matt Letscher was basically a series regular for season 2 and Thawne used his speed powers a ton on the show. Yeah they had that whole "Black Flash will eat me if I go fast" caveat to excuse why he didn't just use his super speed all the time but you never really noticed how it impacted the story too much.

So who knows. I'd be cool with with Wally in Legends too. That would rock.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Didn’t seem that bad in season 2 but if you noticed he wouldn’t show up for a couple episodes at a time while Darkh and Merlin were chewing scenery to make up for the absence. It was really bad with Firestorm, they had to turn him into a mechanic to give him something to do.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 22, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Invalid Validation posted:

Didn’t seem that bad in season 2 but if you noticed he wouldn’t show up for a couple episodes at a time while Darkh and Merlin were chewing scenery to make up for the absence. It was really bad with Firestorm, they had to turn him into a mechanic to give him something to do.

He always was a mechanic, they just revealed that timeships function on the same principles as cars so his existing expertise transferred over.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Wally was added, it'd be sorta awkward since Wally also seems to be very mechanically inclined so it'd be almost redundant to add him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

If Wally was added, it'd be sorta awkward since Wally also seems to be very mechanically inclined so it'd be almost redundant to add him.

They can push Wally over to Arrow. It'd be worth for Dig's reactions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I support Wally being on Legends because it dramatically increases the possibility of Iris and Joe popping up during time travel shenanigans

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

I support Wally being on Legends because it dramatically increases the possibility of Iris and Joe popping up during time travel shenanigans

I hadn't thought of this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

We need more small crossovers like this. Like just take advantage of the fact that all four shows are filming in the same city at the same time. Like have Iris on the Waverider for an episode, or send Ray back to STAR Labs to help out with a problem, or have Cisco and Felicity go to Earth-38 for a day to help Winn out with tech poo poo. What’s the point of having a shared universe if you only really share it like once a year?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

We need more small crossovers like this. Like just take advantage of the fact that all four shows are filming in the same city at the same time. Like have Iris on the Waverider for an episode, or send Ray back to STAR Labs to help out with a problem, or have Cisco and Felicity go to Earth-38 for a day to help Winn out with tech poo poo. What’s the point of having a shared universe if you only really share it like once a year?

There is almost certainly guest-star pay for the actors that is keeping it from happening every week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There is almost certainly guest-star pay for the actors that is keeping it from happening every week.

True enough. And perhaps I’m just being spoiled by nostalgia for season 1 Flash where between Oliver, Felicity, Laurel and Ray constantly showing up it felt like there was a mini crossover every few weeks for a while.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xelkelvos posted:

Well firestorm might be gone this season

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
It kind of seemed like Wally was trying to copy Barry's hairstyle, they both got the short-sides. side-swoop-on-top thing going, I'd argue it looks better on Wally, though it looks silly either way.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 23, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's a dick move Jesse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That is not how quantum entanglement works Harry.