Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Alternatively, if you're on Normal, you can make a Quantum Tank as soon as you have a smeltery for stuffing all your creosote in and never have to worry about it again. As previously stated, somewhat cheesy by the standards of this pack's recipe costs, though. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sage Grimm posted:

Well, I gave in and made half my usual magmatic dynamo stack (8 instead of 16) and, along with a hodge-podge of other power generation, dribbled in the 50 million RF necessary for empowering a redstonia Block. Now to wait for my battery to recharge, build the machinery necessary to grind out blue dye from carpet/wool and then empower the palis block.

My base is a spider web of IE wire going every which way. :S
I'm not too familiar with this pack, but is there any reason why you empowered a whole block at once? Early on I don't think you need that much redstonia, and the limiting factor is probably what, fire diamonds?
The block costs 50m but one crystal costs 500k. It's an exorbitant markup in power (100x instead of 9x), and the only point I can see is that it saves you some of the ingredients, but around this time you'll be able to make the component parts more easily than you'll be able to generate 50m RF, right?
Once you get a rock crusher/cleaner automated diamonds will come in much more easily.

Also I hate that the questbook, which I mostly use for determining what tech I can and can't yet get to, forces you to make an advanced circuit of of empowered crystals. In normal mode, at least, I don't think you ever need to craft one, because you can get access to the Metallurgic Infuser and start making much, much cheaper Mek advanced circuits without ever having to make one with crystals. So there's no one-time cost to begin with there but the quest book tries to force you to craft one anyway.
I just admin commanded the quest as complete because these crystals are precious.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

For Multi MC can you install a different version of Forge?

For some reason MMC is only going up to 13.20.1.2513 and a mod pack i want is using a 14 version.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Vib Rib posted:

I'm not too familiar with this pack, but is there any reason why you empowered a whole block at once? Early on I don't think you need that much redstonia, and the limiting factor is probably what, fire diamonds?

Proof of concept over anything else in particular. If I can produce that 50 million, I can also empower palis blocks whose ingredients are harder to obtain (that blue dye being the most egregious). I also was sitting around 16 million before I reorganized my power generation and wanted to see how that fared. The limiting factor was definitely fire diamonds but that's more due to needing blaze rods than producing diamonds; I've got an ad-hoc system to wash my vein-mined compressed stone results but my nether spawning is rife with zombie pigmen and not enough blaze.

Since you suggested Metallurgic Infuser I'm probably going to head in that direction instead. :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Playing a bit more Project Ozone 2! First off, I decided it was about time I fought the Ender Dragon. I was more than powerful enough with great armor, weapons, and creative flight, so I went for it. I am in an ice world so I had to create an Ender Cake in order to get to The End and fight the dragon. I didn't bring any portal stuff with me, so I had to kill the dragon or I was stranded there :v: It was easy enough, I killed the dragon and managed to get enough Draconic Ore to make some seeds:

Getting access to the Philosophers Stone and all of EE2 really opened a lot of doors. Making a Transmutation Tablet was a challenge in itself, but once I managed to pull that together everything became 100x simpler! It took a while but I dumped every pattern I owned into the tablet for easy duplication via EMC. I reconfigured my Logistics Pipes setup into the Ultimate Crafting Station. I got tired of running around so I brought every block I would need for all crafting here to my central storage. I included (from left to right) an Item Trashcan, White/White/White Ender chest (goes back into storage), basic TC crafting table, Project Bench, Logistics Manager (includes some crafting, mostly access to the items), and Transmutation Tablet. Behind are two logistics provider pipes connected to a Draconic Chest and an Autocrafter Mk3. The Draconic Chest has a furnace and crafting station built in and the Autocrafter Mk3 can be programmed to do multi-step autocrafting very rapidly. Right now I have it set to compress essences into higher forms! With all of this stuff I can craft almost anything pretty easily. I have been banging out quests very fast :)

Using my new crafting power I invested in some Imaginary Time Blocks. These powered blocks make my crops grow like 50x faster. I had to build a bunch more harvesters to keeps up (lucky for me harvesters have an EMC value :D). This drew a lot more power, so I had to upgrade my Big Reactor. Once again it was really easy! I just grabbed a few blocks off the side, made copies with EMC and built it out! I had to add an auto fueling system, one stack of Yellorium was no longer cutting it. The diamond chest full of the stuff should last a while. I really do love EMC.

Next I want some Awakened Draconium to start growing Netherstar Seeds for big EMC, but its a bit of a challenge. Getting and charging the Draconium is no problem, but the awakening ritual is annoying and does not produce many blocks. I needs an alternative method, the Wand of Animation! With that I can animate the draconium blocks and spawn them in a autospawner. Crafting the wand requires a crystal from the Erebus though. This mean I need to travel to the Erabus to find and fight a boss. To prepare I craft a Draconic item that lets me teleport between dimensions at will. I book marked all of the dimensions I discovered so far for future reference!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Unrelated to all this, I've been thinking of possible theme/gimmick-based modpacks. Lately, especially, I've wondered about the possibility of a Mystcraft-based modpack. So I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, having not put together a pack in ages.

I once played a pack with Mystcraft with a friend. We ended up taking a portal with no return book, and were stuck leaping through successive worlds, making outposts along the way to maintain materials for survival, taking shelter against hostile worlds with scorching suns or numerous monsters, until we finally found a world rift we could jump through that took us home. It was haphazard and daunting but also a remarkable and fun adventure and I think back on it fondly now. The idea of a pack built around something like that strikes my fancy.
In my mind the pack is built around some basic QoL mods, maybe a central magic one (I'd say Ars Magica, if it wasn't a few versions behind), maybe a basic tech mod or two for convenience -- but primarily, MCDungeon and Mystcraft. The books would be uncraftable normally, and the idea is basically you'd basically have to settle a new dimension, build up to the point you could run a dungeon there, and the final treasure reward would be a new book to a new world. Or maybe just whatever the creation component is, and the other loot chests would have things like attribute pages, so you can gradually expand the book and bring in more options. With Ars Magica the option would be there to find premade spells as treasures and add them to your spellbook.
Alternately, I'd love to see a Skyblock-style modpack where instead of Ex Nihilo or Sky Resources, you're given a few Mystcraft components. You still make the skyworld your home base/teleporter hub, but you can make other dimensions to jump to that gradually expand the materials you can recover. If you still want to go with the dungeons angle you could stock them with certain milestone materials you can't get otherwise -- imagine say, finding a chest in MSB2 with a few empowered crystals. The idea of a "homeworld" dimension really appeals to me as an alternative to the more fully-nomadic style.

Toying with the idea now, maybe Compact Machines would be worth including -- something you could take from world to world. So you could take your smeltery or your storage or whatever with you when you traveled, instead of having to rebuild a base every time. Again it more or less comes down to the "homeworld" idea.

There was an old modpack sort of based on Compact Machines, wasn't there? Obscurity, I think. I'd love to dig into a gimmick pack like that again, if only it weren't so outdated at this point. Going back to older versions is kind of obnoxious now, I feel. From 1.12 to 1.10 is no big deal but going back to 1.7.10 has enough setbacks to be difficult.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 21, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Alternately, I'd love to see a Skyblock-style modpack where instead of Ex Nihilo or Sky Resources, you're given a few Mystcraft components. You still make the skyworld your home base/teleporter hub, but you can make other dimensions to jump to that gradually expand the materials you can recover.

You want to play a pack from 1.4.6, before Ex Nihilo even existed? :v:

quote:

Plus Block v1.00
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hcfscrvbwdkuq7u/PlusBlock+v1.00.rar

I've been promising it, and now here it is PlusBlock v1.00! I don't know about you but I was getting tired of waiting for a new Feed the Beast challenge map to appear so I decided to make my own! Plus Block isn't just a challenge map though, it's a great way to start off any game of PLUS+ Plus Block lets you play any map and have more fun doing it!
When you start a game of PlusBlock you spawn here. This is the hub; there are four main chambers connected serving different functions.

The first chamber is world select room. From here you can craft anything you need to begin your game in the world of your choosing! Remember to bring a modified Link Book back to the Plus Block if you make any custom worlds.

These challenge worlds come pre-packed with Plus Block. Normal Skyblock is challenging but fun even for vanilla play. Skygrid is a different take on a skyblock map; very fun! Skyblock Hard is under development.

The most important feature of Plus Block are on the sides! From here you can redeem variety of challenges for Diamonds, then use those Diamonds for great items! All of the challenges have been selected to be interesting to do, and also fun on a Skyblock (though a normal world would be fun too!). The prizes are the best items of the best; and also the most irritating to craft. Now you can build a cake factory and redeem your efforts for a sweet Gravity Suit! All challenges and prizes can be completed multiple times.

Install Instructions
1) Download and install Minecraft 1.4.6
2) Download and install every mod on this list:
2) Extract the contents of folder "Put in .minecraft" into "C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
3) If it asks you to merge any folders or replace any files allow it to do so
4) Run Minecraft as normal

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So, uh, liquid starlight is kinda crazy:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Rutibex posted:

You want to play a pack from 1.4.6, before Ex Nihilo even existed? :v:

I appreciate the use of the word "irritating" as if that's a virtue. At least they're honest! :v:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

So, uh, liquid starlight is kinda crazy:

Huh, I wasn't aware it would sometimes make aquamarine sand.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Toadsmash posted:

I appreciate the use of the word "irritating" as if that's a virtue. At least they're honest! :v:

They being Rutibex because it's about that time.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Haha. I had no idea. That's adorable.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Meskhenet posted:

For Multi MC can you install a different version of Forge?

For some reason MMC is only going up to 13.20.1.2513 and a mod pack i want is using a 14 version.

1.11.2 - 13.20.1.2513 is the latest Forge Mod Loader for Minecraft 1.11.2. The 14.x (e.g. 1.12.2 - 14.23.0.2515) is the latest Forge Mod Loader for Minecraft 1.12.2, so it's a different version of Minecraft, not just Forge Mod Loader. Your MultiMC is telling you what the latest version of Forge is for your current version of Minecraft you're using.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

lolmer posted:

1.11.2 - 13.20.1.2513 is the latest Forge Mod Loader for Minecraft 1.11.2. The 14.x (e.g. 1.12.2 - 14.23.0.2515) is the latest Forge Mod Loader for Minecraft 1.12.2, so it's a different version of Minecraft, not just Forge Mod Loader. Your MultiMC is telling you what the latest version of Forge is for your current version of Minecraft you're using.

Ohh thank you, i had the wrong one selected as i didnt scroll up ><

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So, in the new Tinkers Construct, putting a copper part in your tool gives you bonus exp from breaking blocks. This works when you break leaves with a hatchet, and you only need an iron head to break leaves instantly with one. You can get a pretty decent amount of exp this way!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

So, in the new Tinkers Construct, putting a copper part in your tool gives you bonus exp from breaking blocks. This works when you break leaves with a hatchet, and you only need an iron head to break leaves instantly with one. You can get a pretty decent amount of exp this way!

This pairs well with mending moss to significantly extend the durability of the tool in question.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This pairs well with mending moss to significantly extend the durability of the tool in question.

It sure does! Probably not necessary with a hatchet since Ecological will likely be enough to repair the tool between wood harvests (or you could use a lumber axe designed for it), but it's very handy with a pickaxe before you get access to Ardite.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

why am i still playing MSB2 uggghhh

the upward trudging continues -- made myself a flawless calculator and a diamond sapling, so i can stop burning so many drat diamonds making empowered restonia

as well as easy blaze rods (4 powder -> 1 blaze rod :yaycloud:)

then i find out that you need flawless diamonds to make diamantine crystals anyway :v:

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
None of the Tinker's crafting table items show up in my JEI, how do I make a part chest?

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
It's just a normal chest and a pattern.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the arrangement matters, the pattern is above the chest iirc

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Both a chest with a pattern on top and a pattern surrounded by planks makes a pattern chest but the MSB2 quest wants a part chest which I can't seem to find anywhere.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

TIC issue that gets asked about on the Discord about a dozen times a day lately and doesn't look like it's getting fixed anytime soon. You can still see those recipes by looking at uses for a blank pattern. The recipes are still in the game; JEI just doesn't expose them on a search for whatever reason.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

We have a Discord for modded Minecraft?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Not that I'm aware of. I was talking about the MS2 Discord.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Hey, since you mention it, let's try this out and see if it takes off: https://discord.gg/F55rxwY

Link is set to never expire.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Played a bit more Project Ozone 2 today! My quest for today was to get a steady supply of Awakened Draconium, so that I can finally plant my Nether Star Seeds. I have the resources to make four blocks of the stuff, but that is not going to cut it at all! I need to obtain the Wand of Animation, which will allow me to make animated blocks that I can duplicate in an auto spawner. Unfortunately the wand requires a special crystal that is only dropped by the boss of the Erabus dimension :(

I flew around for quite some time in this god forsaken dimension. I was killed by wasps a couple times :( I ended up having to craft the Wyvern Armor to prevent myself from ding constantly. Crafting that armor is a real pain in the rear end, as it requires you to craft a dozen other expensive armors and complicated jet packs as prerequisite items. lucky for me everything has an EMC value so I wont be crafting it again! In any case the Erabus dimension is large and full of bugs. It took me a while but I eventually found the pyramid housing the boss monster. To my surprise I found a second pyramid had spawned on top of the first, screwing up the dungeons! I took me a while to figure out why it was all hosed up.

Eventually I decided to cheat the dungeon and break the walls :twisted: The walls turn to lava when you break them, but I just replaced it with cobblestone and kept going. After collecting all of the key cards I was able to to fight the boss and get the gem!

This crystal let me craft the Wand of Animation! After obtaining the wand I quickly did the block Awakening ritual, then took the new Awakened Draconium upstairs to be animated. Protip: the autospawner must be set to "exact copy" or you will only get stone blocks :(

With a steady supply of Awakened Draconium in hand I can now finally plant my Nether Star Seed! I mutated it up to 10x10x10 level, then built a little harvesting machine for the plants. I disassembled my entire essence farm and put all the machines here. Nine MineFactory Reloaded Harvesters with four Imaginary Time Blocks. I don't need any other essences now. It has only been running for a few minutes and I am up to 20,000 Nether Star Essence :capitalism: I am now EMC rich! time to start working on other Draconic projects, and maybe some Infinity items? :eyepop:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 22, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I admit that MFR-duplicating animated blocks of valuable materials is something I'd never even considered. What a strange crossroads of mod interactions.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

I admit that MFR-duplicating animated blocks of valuable materials is something I'd never even considered. What a strange crossroads of mod interactions.

It is such a pain in the rear end to set up too, it's only useful for obtaining extremely rare blocks. Anything with an EMC value, or a Liquid Cow is much more easily obtained in other ways.

I am really enjoying this pack! EE2 is impossibly hard to reach and trivializes all of the stuff below it, but there are still tiers above even EE2. That Erbus dimension was deadly. I still need to travel to the Galacticraft planets and fight the bosses there, but I think they should be easy at my current power level.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Toadsmash posted:

Hey, since you mention it, let's try this out and see if it takes off: https://discord.gg/F55rxwY

Link is set to never expire.

This is a good idea, thanks for making it. I wonder if/how it can be promoted, I just noticed it because I decided to check what's up with the Mein Kraft thread

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Any one familiar with mine colonies?

I built the camp, then put the town hall down, but there is no block, all there is are construction tape things and after a few hours real time, nothing is getting done.

Is there a way to delete what i put down and try again somewhere else?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

Any one familiar with mine colonies?

I built the camp, then put the town hall down, but there is no block, all there is are construction tape things and after a few hours real time, nothing is getting done.

Is there a way to delete what i put down and try again somewhere else?

You need to put down a builder's hut, assign a person, build the hut, then you can build the town hall from it's gui. (Right click on the block to access it.)

Also, your building tiers are dependent on the tier your builder's hut is at, and you need to house your first 4 colonists before any more will start showing up.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
It's weird: MSB2 seems like it would be the greatest kitchen sink/expert pack currently running, if it wasn't a skyblock. Everything I read about it seems brilliant, but it seems to cause nothing but suffering

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommunityEdition posted:

It's weird: MSB2 seems like it would be the greatest kitchen sink/expert pack currently running, if it wasn't a skyblock. Everything I read about it seems brilliant, but it seems to cause nothing but suffering

The skyblock aspect is actually pretty different, since it isn't Yet Another Pack that relies on Ex Nihilo. Rather than endless sifting, you need to make a mob drop tower. It's pretty easy for metals to become utterly ubiquitous, and then the focus turns to the progression.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
It's built pretty heavily around two things: the Sky Resources mod, and having a ton of other mods. So I mean, if it wasn't a sky block the first pillar would be invalidated and then it'd just be a kitchen sink pack with a nonsensical progression because the progression is built around unlocking new materials gradually with Sky Resources. (And new ways of obtaining them more efficiently)

Also all Mystical Agriculture is gated behind is that Prosperity Shards only drop in The End as it is now.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 22, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MSB2 status:

gently caress YOU BEEEEEEES

totally worth building all that gendustry stuff :shepicide:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

MSB2 status:

gently caress YOU BEEEEEEES

totally worth building all that gendustry stuff :shepicide:

Sengir is probably masturbating furiously to this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

Sengir is probably masturbating furiously to this.

i mean i cheated by using another mod so i'm sure that kills the mood

also unfortunately bee time is not over as you need more bee products to progress :saddowns:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I booted up Project Ozone 2 again and found (much to my chagrin) that a bug in the game had forgotten a good portion of the EMC values I had placed into my Transmutation Tablet. This was a real setback, and I almost decided to call it quits on this save. I decided to power through however, and discovered something cool in my frustration. As I was re-adding many EMC vaues to my tablet (and saving a copy of every item in case it happens again) I noticed something strange. I was trying to duplicate my Redmatter Morningstar and found it took a lot of EMC. The Redmatter Katar and Red Matter Morningstar have an EMC value in the multiple billions, but the components to craft them are only worth a few million! :twisted:

So I created a machine that automatically crafts Redmatter Katars! The Morningstar is cheaper, but for some reason the Redmatter pickax does not have an EMC value so it woud be harder to set up. I seeded each of the energy condensers with a Demonsteel of the 7th magnitude, then fed the demonsteel line back into the condensers. This thing is about 10X as productive as my Netherstar farm. It gets clogged up when the items don't come in the right order, but its so fast I can just adjust it manually and get all the EMC I need. I think I have broken Project Ozone 2 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
I think I'm just about to be stuck having to figure out how to do bees pretty soon myself. I finally started down botania so I could make my trithreeus alchemy dust. Still just using the one windmill to power all of my machines! Which is admittedly just the squeezer/carpenter and crusher.I should probably, you know, build the OTHER machines too.