Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll get the union involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1hr to go.
No claim.
Unlikely to be able to lynch anyone else at this juncture.

Lets get this horseshit D1 out of the way

##vote RF

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0f8YkvA4QA&t=142s

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm still around for the next hour so I'll hammer at the end if no one else does.

If RF flips scum I will obviously rethink Asiina's position on my lumpenlist, but if he flips town and I'm dead tomorrow please visualize for yourselves a few pages of me tunneling on Asiina and asking everyone to vote her, thanks

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

ok let's fact check this. Since that post, you just gave :iiam: about whether RF's coming back, so maybe that could count as prodding him a bit. Before that post... you asked an open question to anyone voting Thran to give their specific opinion on that RF post you found so scummy. And prodded Inf not for more opinions, but to back up his comments a bit more on not liking the Opop vote.

Hmmm doesn't seem to check out and a bit too defensive imo

fake edit: yup very defensive hahaha

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not prodding people for opinions.

Asiina posted:

Okay who is the scum then?

Asiina posted:

Like I know Day 1 sucks and is bad and all that, but there is 10 hours left and the person with the most votes is a claimed cop.

I think this is definitely a situation where scum are going to want to stay quiet and then try to get it done via an apathy lynch. "Oh no we ran out of time, better lynch Hal because it's still better than a no lynch!" they will say.

Don't be on the sidelines, have an opinion before deadline.

Asiina posted:

Inf you list the people on Opop. Which of us do you think is scum? All of us?

Why wouldn't the vote move to a new person after the vote leader claims cop?

It feels like throwing out low level suspicion without really explaining why any of that is scummy.

Asiina posted:

To people that are voting Thran, what is your opinion of this post:

Reminder this comes after a cop claim and makes no mention of it.

Nope, no prodding here.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Here for deadline, will hammer

come talk to us rf :f5:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not prodding people for opinions.

Nope, no prodding here.

We may be talking past each other on this particular point. I thought it was weird how you singled me out as needing to give more opinions on alternate people who weren't necessarily even up for the lunch, so I was looking for similar things when you got all annoyed about how it wasn't just me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ONE

Here is a post I like: Hal's answer to my question

Here is a post I do not like: You seeing my question and going "Stop tunnelling OMG"

This is at least the third, probably more, that you've reduced my post to just bitching that you were tunneling when the whole point was you only responded to the tunneling part and I had to ask you again before you gave any other opinions.

Here is the whole post again, since apparently you stopped reading after the first sentence.

Asiina posted:

Bif, now you officially are tunneling. Please give some other opinions.

This is your reason for voting Thran and it's really not good. Because someone who you are buddies with is voting for him? Is that your only reason? Do you have others?

What do you think of other people?

Also

Bifauxnen posted:

I happened to be just done dropping off Minifauxnen at daycare when I made that first point in my first post, and then went to grab my workplace's morning mail from the post box before I wrote up the second one, you know I do sometimes take some actions in real life between writing posts on the internet you know.

Fine, and I'm supposed to know this how? All I see is you responding to one part and ignoring the rest and then acting as if the other 90% of the post didn't happen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Fine, and I'm supposed to know this how? All I see is you responding to one part and ignoring the rest and then acting as if the other 90% of the post didn't happen.

You're not supposed to know that, but you're not supposed to get all in a panic about WOW WHY HAVEN'T I GOT AN ANSWER YET when it has literally been only 10 minutes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
At this point, I don't really see RF coming back and even if he did, I'm not sure we end up with anything but a no lynch. I guess we could possibly get enough to swing Thanguy, but I'd feel pretty bad about it at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

This is at least the third, probably more, that you've reduced my post to just bitching that you were tunneling when the whole point was you only responded to the tunneling part and I had to ask you again before you gave any other opinions.

My "reduction" was to specifically explain for you how you misunderstood my post entirely. You kept asking "how am I supposed to have an answer to Hal's actions!!" and I'm trying to tell you, that is not what I think or expect you to have.

when I wrote the sentence, "Thank you, I like this answer far more than I liked Asiina bugging me for asking the question in the first place."

I meant that I liked the post where Hal answered my question.

And I didn't like the post where you had a go at me for even asking a question.

That is all. I hope it has now been explained properly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

We may be talking past each other on this particular point. I thought it was weird how you singled me out as needing to give more opinions on alternate people who weren't necessarily even up for the lunch, so I was looking for similar things when you got all annoyed about how it wasn't just me.

I mean maybe. I'm not singling you out, but when you're away from the thread for a while and when you come back and are still talking about Hal, I'm going to ask you to give an opinion about someone else cause time is short.

Although honestly I thought I had asked Probst to give his opinions when he showed up back in the thread for like 4 seconds before disappearing again, but I guess I never actually made that post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

as for the rest of your post that you're mad about me ignoring, I got to it later. They were very different things to address, and going on about my opinions on other players deserved more time to write in more detail. I have continued to go on to give my full lumpenlist treatment which I often like to do at end of day anyway so I'm not sure why you still have objections.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:killing::redhammer::killing::redhammer::killing:
:redhammer::killing::redhammer::killing::redhammer:
:killing::redhammer::killing::redhammer::killing:
:redhammer::killing::redhammer::killing::redhammer:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

as for the rest of your post that you're mad about me ignoring, I got to it later. They were very different things to address, and going on about my opinions on other players deserved more time to write in more detail. I have continued to go on to give my full lumpenlist treatment which I often like to do at end of day anyway so I'm not sure why you still have objections.

I don't have objections to your reads, they're fine and make sense for the most part. I have an objection to your characterization of what I did, which is why I'm gonna defend myself on it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes friends, you have the power to end this posting. For the low, low price of one vote against Opop!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Very sus that RF disappeared after being called out.

##vote RF

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: Retro Futurist

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (8): Asiina, Thranguy, apostateCourier, Mr. F!, TMMadman, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, b-minus1
Thranguy (4): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, flerp, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Infinitum, Grandicap, Grandicap, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): Asiina, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Asiina, Infinitum, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Infinitum, Grandicap
apostateCourier (1): Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Infinitum, flerp, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, Infinitum
Grandicap (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Bifauxnen (0): Hal Incandenza, flerp, apostateCourier, flerp, apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Asiina, Infinitum, apostateCourier, flerp, Asiina, flerp, apostateCourier, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Thranguy, Thranguy
STONE COLD 64 (0): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (1): Grandicap

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 50 minutes.

The Baying offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

END RUN
WELCOME TO THE CULTURE MAFIA
FLIP INCOMING
YOU MAY CHAT UNTIL THE FLIP AND A LITTLE AFTER WHEN I DECIDE TO CLOSE THE THREAD, I DUNNO

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (8): Asiina, Thranguy, apostateCourier, Mr. F!, TMMadman, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, b-minus1
Thranguy (4): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, flerp, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Infinitum, Grandicap, Grandicap, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): Asiina, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Asiina, Infinitum, STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Infinitum, Grandicap
apostateCourier (1): Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Infinitum, flerp, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, Infinitum
Grandicap (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Bifauxnen (0): Hal Incandenza, flerp, apostateCourier, flerp, apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Asiina, Infinitum, apostateCourier, flerp, Asiina, flerp, apostateCourier, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Thranguy, Thranguy
STONE COLD 64 (0): STONE COLD 64, STONE COLD 64
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (1): Grandicap

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 30 minutes.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Uhhhh, what the hell is going on?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Remember when the op said this would be a regular game of mafia :allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
oh man I recognize this now. So a dude I went on two dates with at one point brought me to a book story and tried to explain this series(?) in a huge amount of detail and it seemed kinda interesting but he was not good at explaining it because I was soon very lost.

Then I went to say goodnight at the end of our date and he tried to eat my face so I never saw him again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

“The Simulation has encountered a catastrophic failure. End Run.”

You wake up from your slumber. You are staring at a white wall. You are staring at a white wall in a white room, sleeping on a fielded mattress. Beside you is a sliding door, a green light off to one side indicating that the cabin you are sleeping in is currently unlocked.

‘Strange’ you think to yourself. ‘I locked that before the sim.’

You walk outside. Other residents of the MSV The World Forgetting by the World Forgot stumble out of their rooms, a little bleary eyed and slightly annoyed that the sim they had signed up for and in some cases traveled many star systems for had so abruptly come to an end, leaving you wondering about the fate of the old city of Cudlaty.

A golden-skinned avatar came running down the hall, waving its hands.

‘Make room, make room!’ it screamed, as it ran to the only unopened door on your deck.

The door slid open. It was Ol’ Opop. You had last seen them as they were strung up on the hanging tree, screaming for mercy. But that was the sim. Why was there a giant egg sized hole in their forehead? How did this happen?

Proliertier-Prendotasa Retro Ol' Opop Futurist da'Hollande, Vanilla Town, has been killed Day 1. It is now Twilight. Please submit your night actions by 8PM, EST tomorrow night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
True story.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What? Everything seems cool to me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also rip

my bad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean, tbf, also opop's bad tbh fyi

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So like, we are in some kind of Total Recall situation?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ys7xqcc.mp4

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm just really glad I remembered I was a robot all along cause humans suck

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

They're very icky.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm glad we're not in an Ecco game anymore

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't think we're robots. I think we were like doing an Avatar movie type thing where our bodies were in a machine while our mind was projected into the fantasy world of Cudlaty.

And now we are back in the holodeck or whatever.

At least that's the way I am reading the flavor text.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

I don't think we're robots. I think we were like doing an Avatar movie type thing where our bodies were in a machine while our mind was projected into the fantasy world of Cudlaty.

And now we are back in the holodeck or whatever.

At least that's the way I am reading the flavor text.

Well I sure sound like a robot, oh wow maybe I'm special, suck it fleshbags!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Closing this in ten minutes.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
told you fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Closing this in ten minutes.

I really want to make a mom joke in response.

• Locked thread