Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Please follow us :smith:

So were any of the fights yesterday particularly worth watcing?

The Sam Alvey fight wasn't (no surprise there) but there were some really neat fights otherwise. Jan Błachowicz vs. Devin Clark was really neat, and the opening fight on the prelims had a 10-7 round, which is always something to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Please follow us :smith:

Is there a way to easily confirm if MM is following them or not?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Mr. Nice! posted:

The artem lobov fight featured a referee timeout so marc goddard could tell conor mcgregor to shut the gently caress up, be professional, and sit the gently caress down.

Conor through a round and a half to that point had been circling the cage and yelling coaching instructions to Artem. Fili was still whooping him senseless.

Lmao that's amazing. And I really don't like Alvey anyway, always seemed so one-dimensional to me :shrug:What was the 10-7? Just a total beatdown? How do you even survive without it being a tko or something?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kimbo305 posted:

Follow one of them and see if the other shows up under "X Followers you know"

(I did the work for you, yes he followed them)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

kimbo305 posted:

Check if a bottlecap or thimble appears to be moving around the room, constantly behind you. Other than that... good luck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lmao that's amazing. And I really don't like Alvey anyway, always seemed so one-dimensional to me :shrug:What was the 10-7? Just a total beatdown? How do you even survive without it being a tko or something?

In every other striking sport it would have been a TKO. Dude still defended himself but got straight loving dropped four times in the first round.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Another give away is if you see a guy in a trench coat walking behind you but his arms appear to be super short and his face is that of joseph benavidez... this is a common scam him and MM like to use to get into R rated movies.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The event was worth watching just for the incredibly one sided main event. Lawler didn't come anywhere close to doing that to Cowboy.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
In fact has cowboy ever just been dismantled in the first round like that? gently caress that was impressive out of Till. Oh yeah the RDA fight I guess.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 23, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gay Horney posted:

In fact has cowboy ever just been dismantled in the first round like that?

Yea. Multiple times. Against Pettis and RDA for instance. Also got choked in one by Bendo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Masvidal took him apart in the first but he was saved by the bell.

Then Masvidal took him apart in the second as well. Fight should have stopped between rounds, it benefited no one to let Cowboy go out and be KO'd twice in three minutes.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Mark Hunt continues to ask the hard questions

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-seeing-aliens/

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Fentry posted:

Mark Hunt continues to ask the hard questions

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-seeing-aliens/

GSP only has one alien story to my knowledge.

Once he starts wearing head magnets, we can worry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GSP is right though

what DOES happen to the time that vanishes when you go to sleep???

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dere's tree ting that excite me: ehhh men of course, the violence of the octagon, and the cosmic uneasiness visited upon me each night brought about by the statistical improbability of life only existing on earth in the vast and unknowable expanse of our universe

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Where's the Conan clip

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Looks like Gomi is done in the UFC: https://www.instagram.com/p/BalVM2lhaM_/

google translate posted:

Return to the ring of Japan soon __ # New Year's Eve

him and Kawajiri both need to retire, so I guess they can do it together

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

dere's tree ting that excite me: ehhh men of course, the violence of the octagon, and the cosmic uneasiness visited upon me each night brought about by the statistical improbability of life only existing on earth in the vast and unknowable expanse of our universe

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

MARk Hunt needs to shut da gently caress up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Wme need to bring back the do nothing jobs for life and relax the entrance requirements otherwise mark hunt is going to file one lawsuit every 60 seconds until his unintelligible demands are met in full

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Looks like Gomi is done in the UFC: https://www.instagram.com/p/BalVM2lhaM_/

him and Kawajiri both need to retire, so I guess they can do it together

it's kind of incredible gomi lasted as long as he did in UFC

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
TUF isn't really resonating with people these days, but viewers of all creeds and colours can watch an aging sub-literate drunk get his rear end stomped back to back to back for 3 solid years and say "you know what, I think I could do that"

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
At least the Tyson Griffin knockout happened. I don't think he did anything else in the UFC at all but that was cool.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I remember he legitimately got hosed over in the Diego Sanchez fight, but even that was over 4 years ago. Since then I can't think of a fighter who has looked worse over that stretch of time. Maybe Penn, but even BJ had... actually no it's probably BJ Penn who has looked the worst. At least Gomi has that going for him.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

I remember he legitimately got hosed over in the Diego Sanchez fight, but even that was over 4 years ago. Since then I can't think of a fighter who has looked worse over that stretch of time. Maybe Penn, but even BJ had... actually no it's probably BJ Penn who has looked the worst. At least Gomi has that going for him.

I dunno, at least Penn made it to the 2nd round with Yair and then dropped a decision to Siver.

Gomi hasn't made it out of the first round in his last 5 fights. He's looked shot for years and I'm fairly certain the UFC just held on to his contract to keep him from being a recognizable name in a different promotion.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I thought it was because no Japanese MMA event can occur without a ritual sacrifice of an old, once respected Japanese fighter in a hopeless matchup.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
God i hope that beautidul idiot saved his money.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Whos everyone got for cody vs tj. I'm going with TJ by decision.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
*waits with bated breath for kevens post about codys cum or something equally as strange.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I breathily wait for cum too

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Same

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm out of this one guys. I'm just gonna breath normal. Sorry.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Cody’s probably the dumbest man on planet earth so I predict he wins.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dumber than platinum mike ?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Impossible

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Till vs Thompson would be would be extremely my poo poo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
tj was catching cruz a lot but he doesn't have cody's power, so cruz got out of tight spots by throwing counters under heavy pressure. i feel like even though cruz beat tj that he was in tough on the feet, and i'm interested to see what the complexion of this fight is going to be because i just can't figure it out but i bet it's going to seem very obvious afterwards. my gut feeling based on absolutely nothing is that tj wins for some reason.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I’m barely leaning towards tj as well, but Cody’s power could be a difference maker. He doesn’t have to load up like lineker to hit with power, he maintains his quickness and doesn’t leave himself as open to takedowns and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i bet it's going to seem very obvious afterwards.

I was saying the same thing to a friend over the weekend. Most obvious outcomes are TJ decision or Cody KO. The most wild result would be Cody getting a sub. I feel like there's good chance that whoever wins, a lot of people will come away from the fight saying "Oh of course that happened"

• Locked thread