Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please show don't tell me you killed Midge after finally introducing her, that is mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I bet Moose is dead but Midge isn't. He protected her with his body or something. It's too a weird choice to bring her in just to kill her immediately.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CottonWolf posted:

I bet Moose is dead but Midge isn't. He protected her with his body or something. It's too a weird choice to bring her in just to kill her immediately.

My money is on one of them being in a coma and the other one being emotionally distraught about it. Probably Moose in a coma, Midge not. Then, at some point, maybe she finds out about Moose’s trysts with Kevin. D R A M A

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I started listening to Sex Archie yesterday and- They're Sophmores?! :psyduck:

I kept forgetting that they weren't seniors when I was watching the first season! Jesus Christ, it's like this joke picture but we're just pretending that just how teenagers are!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Or ... it's like every teen show ever.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

esperterra posted:

Or ... it's like every teen show ever.

Still more realistic than Glee

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And all the shows/movies the parents in Riverdale were famous for.

CW usually does a decent job hiring 20somethings who could at least kind of pass for teenagers.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I remember the one time Teen Wolf cast an actual teenager to play a teenager and it was, like, revolutionary.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Spergatory posted:

I remember the one time Teen Wolf cast an actual teenager to play a teenager and it was, like, revolutionary.

I felt really dirty whenever he had shirtless scenes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So, uh, goddamn I love tween peaks, but what the gently caress is up with where the blossoms are living.

EDIT: Holy poo poo Reggie you're the worst.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 20, 2017

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Hiram is a scumbag and Ronnie isn't falling for it. Stay smart Ronnie!!!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Please show don't tell me you killed Midge after finally introducing her, that is mean.

Seriously! I waited through all of season one with baited breath for my favorite girl to show up, they even introduced an edgier school on the wrong side of the tracks.
But NnnOOooOo, some random pixie breezes in for 5 seconds and gets fridged.

...at least they fixed Reggie.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Now, if only they would fix Jughead .......

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

gently caress you moody bullshit wannabe chandler Jughead is perfect

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

esperterra posted:

Now, if only they would fix Jughead .......

Jughead is my actual favorite Archie character (maybe even my hero) in the comics and on the show and I think they nailed the natural translation of his character from the goofy digests to this dark dramatic teen soap.
Like in my head they represent the same archetype just in two different genres.
The only thing they blew in my mind (arguably one of his most important traits) is his asexuality.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Liking this season so far, but I really hope they don't keep portraying the elder Lodger as straight up villains for the whole season. Hermione was great season one, and I really don't want to see a whole season of Conseulos being wasted on a one note Hiram.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

Fox's the Gifted has an actual teenaged girl playing a teenaged girl.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Are we not going to talk about that completely random acapella cover of Milkshake?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So, bold statement.

AJ Kappa is a handsome motherfucker and when given the opportunity he can fuckin act. With that bone structure I think we're looking at the next Ryan Gosling.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It was kinda great?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

So, bold statement.

AJ Kappa is a handsome motherfucker and when given the opportunity he can fuckin act. With that bone structure I think we're looking at the next Ryan Gosling.

I've still only watched the premiere, but so far he is markedly better this year than last. I was worried giving him heavier stuff to work with would go badly, but I think it was more a case of having bad storylines early last year and less him being a bad actor. He's doing drat good now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Apa has been steadily improving thus far, but I've still got Lili Reinhart pegged as the show's major breakout star. Though Madeline Petsch has two movie appearances set for later this year, but they're not exactly star-making turns: F*&% the Prom, from the creators of those "Teens React" YouTube videos, and Polaroid, where I'm pretty sure you see her entire role before the Dimension Pictures logo appears in the trailer.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Every time they say Jingle Jangle I hear Jenkem and I'm like

Ew

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Reinhart is definitely the breakout, for me. She reminds me a lot of Brittany Snow, who I think is severely underrated. Petsch is great, too, but she isn't as consistent. Amazing as her Cheryl is, I do find her a little stilted sometimes, though tbf that could well be part of how she's clearly unhinged.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Edmund Lava posted:

Liking this season so far, but I really hope they don't keep portraying the elder Lodger as straight up villains for the whole season. Hermione was great season one, and I really don't want to see a whole season of Conseulos being wasted on a one note Hiram.

I hope they settle on him being a bad person but not a straight-up villain. Like we know he's willing to intimidate his enemies but he's not a murderer or anything.

Why are the Lodges in Riverdale, again?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Because that is where they are from originally before Hiram got rich ( or is only Hermione from there)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
We only know that Hermione is a Riverdale native, Hiram's background is kind of unclear. The building they live in was the only Lodge property that was in Hermione's name after the criminal indictments came down and all of Hiram's assets were seized/frozen.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shneak posted:

Are we not going to talk about that completely random acapella cover of Milkshake?

First Pussycats song I liked.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Valerie sick with norovirus? Hell no, she's the killer.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
How has no one mentioned the song at the end of the ep? They're giving us a season title! It's the Season of the Witch. Sabrina by midseason, I guarantee-- chilling adventures us going to be her spinoff.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Samovar posted:

Valerie sick with norovirus? Hell no, she's the killer.

She has motive to attack Archie...

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Test Pattern posted:

How has no one mentioned the song at the end of the ep? They're giving us a season title! It's the Season of the Witch. Sabrina by midseason, I guarantee-- chilling adventures us going to be her spinoff.

First episode ended in Greendale, second episode ended with "Season of the Witch".

I want Sabrina!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If episodes 2.7 and 2.8 (Tales from the Darkside and House of the Devil) don't introduce Sabrina it's probably not happening and I will be mad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

OH poo poo MIDGE IS SO FINE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

esperterra posted:

OH poo poo MIDGE IS SO FINE

Seriously. Don't tell me they went one-and-done on prep-punk princess Midge.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

JethroMcB posted:

Seriously. Don't tell me they went one-and-done on prep-punk princess Midge.

#JusticeForMidge

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Is that Kate Micucci's 20 year old clone?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Where even is Ethel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CottonWolf posted:

Where even is Ethel?

Rotting in the upside-down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CottonWolf posted:

Where even is Ethel?

She was in the preview for this week's episode - potentially being stalked by the Black Hood.

• Locked thread