Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Reminder that MoMMA backed a belt on Kickstarter that has been available for years

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:psypop: no way that dude isn't a deepcover goon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/922459399020601344
https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/922510076409208832

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Daztek posted:

What CitizenCon presentation are you most excited about?

Bonus Points if he chooses powerpoint presentation or "live demo".

X-Factor is "reveal of female character model".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Remember it's only SC if it meets these increasingly specific conditions as my paragraph goes on.
Things like walking around, picking up guns, has green locker doors sometimes, has a yellow one outside airlocks, is being made by CIG, is literally SC
If it does not meet this criteria - it isn't Star Citizen :smug:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm still entirely on the fence.

I have my suspicions, but it's too good to be anything other than an artful Poe.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Hav posted:

Captain Blood was pretty amazing, although like Knights of the Crystallion, it was incomprehensible to start with. Started with Jean Michel Jarre's Zoolook, as well.

That game, with its sheer weirdness and alien-ness, along with that brilliant Jean-Michel Jarre track was a god drat trip.

I found it utterly impenetrable and fascinating at the same time. I think I was actually scared of it

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I guarantee it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Daymun is an obvious undercover goon but I respect him. He needs to come on a little less strong if he really wants to blend in but his posts are enjoyable nonetheless

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
As we approach Con the Citizens 2017 I was thinking about how one of my faves over the years of threads was the saga of the Aegis POTATO, wat r some of yours?

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

I got to witness that on Ghouls n Ghosts for the Megadrive, total :stare: moment
What I am gathering from this is I played way too much Ghouls n Ghosts as a kid. I regret nothing.

When my friend and I were kids and he got there I just started laughing, he wasn't so amused. If I remember right he threw the controller at the TV.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Remember it's only SC if it meets these increasingly specific conditions as my paragraph goes on.
Things like walking around, picking up guns, has green locker doors sometimes, has a yellow one outside airlocks, is being made by CIG, is literally SC
If it does not meet this criteria - it isn't Star Citizen :smug:

I especially like the subtle implication that there's just alleys full of guys trying to sell you dangerous knock-off Star Citizens made with lead paint. Like one day your great grandkid is gonna take it in to get it appraised only to find out it's actually a "Roiex" or some poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Reminder that MoMMA backed a belt on Kickstarter that has been available for years

Reminder that that belt is already obsolete as the creators have a new one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115468767/x3-edc-belt

quote:

Did you guys invent this ratchet style belt ?

No, these no-holes, track style belts where designed in Asia about 20 years ago. Most of them use a bulky magnetic system that’s prone to sticking and breakage, and very cheap leather. Not only that but when we first saw the system several years ago, we personally didn’t care for the buckle design. It didn't fit what we wanted stylistically. We felt it could be a lot better, so we stripped the mechanism out and set out to redesigned it in 2012. Our patented buckle uses a sleek, spring-loaded system that’s very reliable, won’t break easily and is nice to look at. So that’s why our competitors’ buckles aren’t patented and Trakline belts currently hold 4 registered patents. Just because you saw a company on Shark Tank doesn't mean they invented it. You're not that naive, are you ? Thanks.

quote:

You're not that naive, are you ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: These guys do know their customers. "You aren't that big of a sucker, are you?"

Personally, I carry seven of those with me at all times.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

This is our 6th successful Kickstarter campaign since 2013 and thankfully, we learned a lot from all our previous projects. (See Trakline Belt and Express Belt projects)

I'm the successful belt company that keeps having to go to Kickstarter to make money?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

teh_Broseph posted:

As we approach Con the Citizens 2017 I was thinking about how one of my faves over the years of threads was the saga of the Aegis POTATO, wat r some of yours?

Leonard Skinly was the best but Gamescom 2017 was a hoot

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

trucutru posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: These guys do know their customers. "You aren't that big of a sucker, are you?"

Has anyone who wasn't out actually climbing something had a reason to have a loving caribiner on their person ever at any point in the history of mankind?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the successful belt company that keeps having to go to Kickstarter to make money?

The system works!

quote:

In 2013 we launched our first line of "Trakline" belts for men on the popular crowd-funding site Kickstarter. The result >> we became the #1 fashion accessory of all-time, and we still are today. Why?

Probably because they have a special group of supporters. (who believe that bullshit)

quote:

A good EDC (Every Day Carry) belt should be near the top of the list for those that carry a firearm on a daily basis. Not only will a proper EDC belt hold your trousers up...

That's a very critical part of EDC belt-systems

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Latin Pheonix posted:

When my friend and I were kids and he got there I just started laughing, he wasn't so amused. If I remember right he threw the controller at the TV.

Pretty sure it was the first time a game felt like a slap in the face

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has anyone who wasn't out actually climbing something had a reason to have a loving caribiner on their person ever at any point in the history of mankind?

I usually free-climb in my khakis and need a belt that matches them and my tie.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I especially like the subtle implication that there's just alleys full of guys trying to sell you dangerous knock-off Star Citizens made with lead paint. Like one day your great grandkid is gonna take it in to get it appraised only to find out it's actually a "Roiex" or some poo poo.

*installs Elite*

:monocle: Great scott! This isn't Star Citizen!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

uhhhh if I don't have a carabiner on my belt, where am I supposed to attach my multitool and Nalgene bottle and my extending self defense baton?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When I parkour to the office I am safe in the knowledge that my draylon slacks are held securely up with my Infinite Adjust Belt

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Like you can say truth, just precede it with "Trolls will reply..."

So :

"Aye, and trolls will reply : "You're saying EA and CIG have the same lovely business practices?""

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 23, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I put on my winter coat for the first time in ages last night.

My EDC is apparently:

A toothbrush and mini-toothpaste tube in a seal-able plastic bag.
Some fluff.
Half a blisterpack of Tesco's own brand paracetamol.
An old pound coin that's now worthless because they went out of circulation last week :argh:
A flyer from when I was in Belfast last November.

I'm ready for anything.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

reddit posted:

Cheap knock offs mostly have fake trailers with "not actual gameplay" footage, pretending to be like SC.

I'm dead.
:siren: :vince: :siren:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because I don't work at CIG.

Does anybody work there really?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
'Genuine Leather' is the cheap bad quality leather that doesn't wear well. All they're doing is adding a cheap polyurathane strip round it to strengthen it. What a load of crap.

You'd never sell that to a distributor, maybe a dollar store or something, but make it a kickstarter and build a webpage and voila.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

My EDC consists of two things:

a burner phone with only Derek Smart's number so I can get my daily orders

an exploded stressball that I squeezed too hard because star citizen's success just makes me so mad

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

*installs Elite*

:monocle: Great scott! This isn't Star Citizen!

Be careful with Elite, it contains Mercury. :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
David Braben once more apes Star Citizen in a futile attempt at having a released and working space game

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

'Genuine Leather' is the cheap bad quality leather that doesn't wear well. All they're doing is adding a cheap polyurathane strip round it to strengthen it. What a load of crap.

You'd never sell that to a distributor, maybe a dollar store or something, but make it a kickstarter and build a webpage and voila.

Yeah, coming from a more advanced third world country (with plenty of real leather) , the genuine leather scam in the US hit me a few times when buying stuff online before I realized what was going on.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

but....everyone hates EA. Because they're terrible. Like if there's one thing almost all "gamers" can agree on it's that EA is terrible. If EA does the same thing as the game you are supporting that doesn't make it better that your game did it (first), if anything it makes it look even worse.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Blue On Blue posted:

2) when they're introducing themselves and the one guy says he waits for new ship ideas from Ben , poor guy must have to throw out a lot of poo poo. Ben this is just a square scribbled on a napkin from Chipotle

How dare you, sir...

“...and spaceships.”

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

Pretty sure it was the first time a game felt like a slap in the face

I like the end of "Double Dragon" when it was a t the arcade. My best friend and I spent lots of quarters to try and get tot he end and when we thought we had the game beat?

It makes you fight your friend.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Ugh Pacific Rim 2!

Please don't be poo poo.

Better not be some lovely Transformers-like, I loved the first PR film.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

G0RF posted:

How dare you, sir...

“...and spaceships.”
This ship is practically finished at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I've always wondered, what is a "fluke" and a "hideaway"? I thought I knew what those words mean but apparently it's something NASA IT workers need in case of a terrorist attack on the servers?