Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm thinking Cody TKOs him at some point, unless he decides to make fun of TJ instead of ending the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t think Cody will clown around with tj and give him a purposely prolonged horrible beating like he did to Cruz because he will have to respect tj’s striking on at least some level

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dastardly TJ will hit Cody in the back of the head and give him brain damage.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i think cody is sexier so he will win.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
TJ is similar to a slightly easier to hit Cruz who makes up for it with a more varied striking game and heavier blows. I don't know if garbrandts chin has been really tested but if Cruz can stand up to Cody's power TJ probably can too. TJ if it goes to decision but Garbrandt if it gets stopped imo

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

TJ is similar to a slightly easier to hit Cruz who makes up for it with a more varied striking game and heavier blows. I don't know if garbrandts chin has been really tested but if Cruz can stand up to Cody's power TJ probably can too. TJ if it goes to decision but Garbrandt if it gets stopped imo

Cody was KOed as an amateur by a guy who is now like 3-0 pro.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
TJ is a pretty good finisher, I feel like if he is hitting Cody enough to win a decision he stands a pretty good chance of finishing him as well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lucasar posted:

TJ is a pretty good finisher, I feel like if he is hitting Cody enough to win a decision he stands a pretty good chance of finishing him as well.

gif of tj hitting renan barao with literally ~30 undefended strikes to the head while renan remains standing

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Marching Powder posted:

gif of tj hitting renan barao with literally ~30 undefended strikes to the head while renan remains standing

Barao has proven to be pretty durable.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Whenever a guy with poor defense makes it to the top of his division it's because he's got a hard head. Look at Bisping or Cerrone

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Roncho posted:

He's 0-1 against the bathtub, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Whenever a guy with poor defense makes it to the top of his division it's because he's got a hard head. Look at Bisping or Cerrone

Or he fights in a division full of children not really capable of knocking a man out.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or he fights in a division full of children not really capable of knocking a man out.

There's a reason he jumped up to 145 around the same time Lineker went full on to bantam

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Barao fought a lot of dudes capable of knocking a man out. Hell he fought Jeremy Stephens in his featherweight debut.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why the lighter divisions need to incorporate that multiple person American Gladiotors fighting format.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Everyone below 155 should get 2 oz gloves. For A 265er the gloves are 0.000943396226% of your body weight and for a 145er it's 0.001724137931%. nobody ever discusses this., But that's almost twice as much.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

El Roncho posted:

yeah but, 30

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Everyone below 155 should get 2 oz gloves. For A 265er the gloves are 0.000943396226% of your body weight and for a 145er it's 0.001724137931%. nobody ever discusses this., But that's almost twice as much.

So they're half as likely to break their hands?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's 0-1 against the bathtub, though.

I bet if they did Fight Science on this, the bathtub would win if he fell onto it or it fell onto him. It's also in a different weight class

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If they did a fight science on falling and hitting his head on the tub their computer model would show that his head impacted the tub with the force of sixteen crashing cars & the tub died.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

*guy seeing a 3D model of a bathtub* Wow! Insane!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I am Otis posted:

I bet if they did Fight Science on this, the bathtub would win if he fell onto it or it fell onto him. It's also in a different weight class

Did the Mythbusters ever have a "Fight Science" episode? I know there was that stupid "Deadliest Weapon" show from a while back. I'd rather see an anthropomorphic walrus and a dingus try that stuff out.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jake shields lost the standup round to the bath tub on bully beatdown

eeme
Oct 31, 2007

Whatever. Let's go get tacos.

Captain Log posted:

Did the Mythbusters ever have a "Fight Science" episode? I know there was that stupid "Deadliest Weapon" show from a while back. I'd rather see an anthropomorphic walrus and a dingus try that stuff out.

They did have Brendan Schaub on one episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The bathtub has tested positive for fresh sealant and the taps had trace amounts of mr.clean, 2 year ban

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

jake shields lost the standup round to the bath tub on bully beatdown

lmao

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Mark Hunt posted his online chess account on his instagram to prove his brain is still good.

I now have a 1-0 record against Mark Hunt.

https://www.chess.com/no/daily/game/177422150

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

evobatman posted:

Mark Hunt posted his online chess account on his instagram to prove his brain is still good.

I now have a 1-0 record against Mark Hunt.

https://www.chess.com/no/daily/game/177422150

When's the MMA round?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i have mark's book and still can't bring myself to read it. however i may if the present starts to get somehow sadder.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
I don't get the UFC's plan. If they don't think Hunt is fit to fight anymore don't they have to release him? They can't offer him fights and it's not like his brain is going to get any better later on.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Cody is going to shoot a huge load of cum on TJ dillashaws face and chest

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Senjuro posted:

I don't get the UFC's plan. If they don't think Hunt is fit to fight anymore don't they have to release him? They can't offer him fights and it's not like his brain is going to get any better later on.

To make an example of him for suing the company. They are just jamming him up and making things difficult.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

Cody is going to shoot a huge load of cum on TJ dillashaws face and chest

So TJ will win, that's what you're saying?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Probably depends on if TJ can eat everything Cody's got.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Mythbusters brought Jon Fitch on to test the one inch punch inside a coffin thing from Kill Bill. Because when I think punching power or technique, I get on a god drat scissor lift to reach such great heights as Jon Fitch

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

Mythbusters brought Jon Fitch on to test the one inch punch inside a coffin thing from Kill Bill. Because when I think punching power or technique, I get on a god drat scissor lift to reach such great heights as Jon Fitch

Did he find a Skyrim costume to wear at least?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I have the Blu-rays of Time Warp, a show that the entire premise is filming things in super slow motion. They had Kenny Florian on there doing MMA elbows on a watermelon, at least in my imperfect memory.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

eeme posted:

They did have Brendan Schaub on one episode.

UFC Heavyweight Finalist
Ju-Jitsu Expert
Total Badass

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Cody absolutely clowned Cruz and could've easily TKO'd him at several points in the fight, so I'll believe TJ has something for him when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Noctone posted:

Cody absolutely clowned Cruz and could've easily TKO'd him at several points in the fight, so I'll believe TJ has something for him when I see it.

Cruz and TJ are much different strikers. TJ has power that Cruz doesn't for one. Cruz tries to stick and move the whole time. TJs less elusive but just as disciplined. Generally I also think TJ adapts more to his opponent, where cruz is more about doing his thing.

• Locked thread