Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I already solved the mystery u guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its dumb to say "hes voting for three townie bcause im townie!!!!" bcause we dont kno that

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk if thats telling of alignment at all but its dumb but dumb doesnt mean scum (u idiot morons lynching stupid precious opop)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

its dumb to say "hes voting for three townie bcause im townie!!!!" bcause we dont kno that

I mean from your own perspective it's fine. It's not going to be a super compelling case to anybody else though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yes that is why it is dumb

its also dumb because the other person does not know u r town and acting like hes voting for confirmed town only is dumb

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
game should be remained to contact in dumblaty

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
renamed*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
flerp who in this thread isn't dumb

or is that the point?

we're all the dumb

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Well, if we have a doc, they clearly didn’t do their job n1. Cool

let's talk more about townie roles :allears:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

imo the most likely scenario is that the doc self protected n1, which i would usually understand but there was a cop claim ffs. though tbh i think we should probably refrain from discussing specific roles too much, at least until everyone gets a chance to post their thoughts after n1. (yes im aware i was the first to even bring up the doc role today).

oh ok

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

we're all the dumb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but anyway, yeah hey am I the only one here looking at Tobbs seeing nothing but filler

except that one post that bugged me cause he was calling Hal's posting rational while also calling AC scum and it's like I could not feel more opposite of that

still so mad he was town btw, everyone else go skip to the next post now but Hal if you're still reading this, go get spoiled in deaddoc so you can find out already I'm town, and then go back over my D1 and see why I got so mad at you for calling that "no substance" when I was getting right into the game with my usual level of effort. Also the whole "this is no fun for me, stop insulting me with word vomit" thing when this is all I'd posted at or about you up till the moment you cased me:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ooh yay D1 content. I like this argument for voting Hal, but if I'm not actually feeling him as scum by the end of today I'm also up for voting flerp, just cause he needs some time out to come up with a new drat gimmick.

Have you actually ever seen Jam's scum game? I haven't seen any games where he's been scum at all. If you're thinking of back when he used to post before, isn't that a long time ago?

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh, Hal you gonna answer that question? It's kinda relevant here

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually it's about me trying to work out your intent, since I am in the position to already know Jam's alignment.

Which game was it?

Bifauxnen posted:

But I do like that case you made on Hal, yes.

Bifauxnen posted:

I do believe it is fair game to speculate about why Jam replaced out, yes. I did not find the mere act of Hal suggesting this to be inherently scummy.

However I do think he might be overselling it a bit.

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal what's up, tell me about these games where Jam's been scum

You might note none of the stuff Asiina quoted in her effortpost about me was from this list. I'm not gonna give her any complaints about that though, cause it was just a good discussion to have in general instead of just about the case on you.

But yeah, if y'all just have a personal problem with me and my playstyle I will give you a piece of advice. During the rare times when I'm working on improving my game it might be advantageous to fuckin let me, and maybe next time, if you don't go straight to shading me for being this big bad insulting Donald Trump bully and bad-person-in-real-life-not-just-Mafia-for-playing-this-way when I hadn't even said poo poo to you yet, I might be more likely to believe you aren't making poo poo up. OK? thanks.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Um wow

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I said skip to the next post! oh but there wasn't one yet

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hal flipped town its ok 2 b wrong we have to get past that and find the scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah tobbs had an odd start he came in really active in joke phase and then when SERIOUS TIME started he kinda just fell out and thats weird 2 me

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

In 24 hours I will vig apostatecourier. You have until then to convince me I should target someone else

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. F! posted:

In 24 hours I will vig apostatecourier. You have until then to convince me I should target someone else

Cause I think she's town, but I assume you have some reason to believe otherwise, so would you care to tell me what that is

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

hal flipped town its ok 2 b wrong we have to get past that and find the scum

yeah I just had to get that outta my system or I was gonna keep stewing on it, let's get to this vig thing. Mags would you consider shooting Tobbs or a lurker instead?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

So you’re a vigilante who also has a night action to tell you something. Sure thing buddy.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wait why does he have a night action im confuseddddd

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

So you’re a vigilante who also has a night action to tell you something. Sure thing buddy.

Are you saying you got some friendly-neighbor sort of message from Mr.F? And if so, are you absolutely sure it's from him or is it just signed that way and you have to guess if that's true?

Even if you did know it was from him, I wouldn't want to get all setup-spec over it. We had a hated cop, so a vig who can leave notes hardly sounds like some unthinkable role. It could be some kind of calling card for their kills or something, see, plenty of flavor possibilities.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am assuming he is soft claiming a night action to know something about aposte

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would definitely prefer a lurker vig over aC, since it's annoying to have to vote out lurkers but they need to go eventually since maybe they're the scum??

Especially now with the cop dead there's presumably no way to know whether a useless lurker is scum or not.

My lurker preference would be Madman or b-minus. Thran and this girls person are both down at the bottom too but Thran is new and the other person seems to be returning after like 7 years so I'm more willing to give them time to warm up and participate.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## vote grandicap

did not vote D1
constant excuses for not posting

Get me off this goddamn ship and back into my simulation

can also do a thrangy thang

Wait, what? What excuses for not posting? I had what I thought was a decent volume of posts. I said I would not be around for deadline. I ended up being able to be around for deadline, but as it approached I got tired. Opop was -2 and there were two around willing to vote him so I excused myself. I was happy with the Hal vote and unvoted due to the claim. I was happy with a bminus1 vote, but I was unwilling to lead a charge there because I was tired and not willing to put in the effort, but saying I have constant excuses for not posting and voting is just false becuase I did both, a bunch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote bminus

will go in depth in abt 3 hours

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Thrill

You

Are

Shelf

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

STONE COLD 64 posted:

##vote bminus

will go in depth in abt 3 hours

This is a very poor decision. What is your reasoning behind this? Or are you just throwing out a vote based on nothing, like flerp did

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im actually more suspicious of the people who seem to be attempting to start a wagon on me (asiina, grandicap) than the people who actually voted for me (stone cold and flerp). as far as I am concerned, there should only be one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me. if said poster(s?) are town, then imo it is in your best interest to keep your suspicions to yourself for the time being. that is all i am going to say right now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"People who suspect me are suspicious" - b-minus1 Professional Mafiaball Player

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

im actually more suspicious of the people who seem to be attempting to start a wagon on me (asiina, grandicap) than the people who actually voted for me (stone cold and flerp). as far as I am concerned, there should only be one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me. if said poster(s?) are town, then imo it is in your best interest to keep your suspicions to yourself for the time being. that is all i am going to say right now.

Soft claims are dumb. Being suspicious of me is bad. That's your response?

##vote b-minus1

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Grandicap posted:

Soft claims are dumb. Being suspicious of me is bad. That's your response?

##vote b-minus1

I've definitely been tempted (and dumb enough) to make soft claims like this, but I've only ever done it as town.

Hal was town, got pressed into claiming, and died. Yeah bminus could be ballsy and lying, but a repeat of D1/N1 would not be good for us.

I just got back from Ohio so will give the thread a re-read tomorrow and see what sticks out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

I mentioned you among 4 people who are lurking because until just now you had fewer posts than the mod. Asking for you to be vigged for lurking isn't the same thing as starting a wagon on you, so nice making stuff up.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've definitely been tempted (and dumb enough) to make soft claims like this, but I've only ever done it as town.

Hal was town, got pressed into claiming, and died. Yeah bminus could be ballsy and lying, but a repeat of D1/N1 would not be good for us.

I just got back from Ohio so will give the thread a re-read tomorrow and see what sticks out.

Essentially saying you'll be sorry if you vote me or even voice suspicion of me... that is not town play.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Asiina posted:

I mentioned you among 4 people who are lurking because until just now you had fewer posts than the mod. Asking for you to be vigged for lurking isn't the same thing as starting a wagon on you, so nice making stuff up.

I'm not making anything up, and yes I know I'm not the only person you mentioned. My post was mostly out of frustration because we are only a few hours into day 2, which is 48 hours long, and i already have three votes. Notice how I didn't vote for either you or grandicap, and outside of that post, haven't voted for or raised serious suspicions toward anyone yet. The day just started, and there are plenty of people who haven't posted. There is still a lot to discuss.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, all those votes on bminus seem really weird right now, although Stone Cold might have more cause.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Grandicap vote is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand not particularly liking soft claims, but I feel like Grandi should maybe have waited until hearing what Stone Cold has to say.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I feel like Tobbs is being a bit of a mafia dad in this game.

It's obviously a little hypocritical coming from me, but I feel like he's just circling around the edges of the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

TMMadman posted:

The Grandicap vote is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand not particularly liking soft claims, but I feel like Grandi should maybe have waited until hearing what Stone Cold has to say.

it's the softest of soft claims, and only done because i was feeling the heat.

i am also interested in what stone cold has to say, but i hope he catches up with all of the d2 activity before posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The longest three hours there ever was.

• Locked thread