Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (3): flerp, STONE COLD 64, Grandicap
Grandicap (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Infinitum (1): flerp, flerp, Mr. F!
Thranguy (1): Infinitum
STONE COLD 64 (1): Thranguy

Not Voting (6): apostateCourier, Asiina, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 25th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Read infinitum and believe we have a townfinitum.

Continuing...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Stone cold mostly shitposting. Can't easily make a case with all the crap but would comfortably vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Grandicap posted:

Essentially saying you'll be sorry if you vote me or even voice suspicion of me... that is not town play.

It's not good town play for sure.

As for my read, you've got some consistent snark to add levity, but your posting is careful. I'm neutral on you, and that can go either direction after we get more flips and I can see if you've been pushing to lynch anyone who's scum or not.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
flerp is probably town but if I'm wrong they'll probably shoot me at night like that one time

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nevergirls reads town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So did Stone Cold every come back and tell us anything?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Thranguy puts a lot of emphasis on what looks like a good case or not. Yeah it's mafia and casing is important, but there needs to also be some exercise of intuition. It doesn't seem to me that thranguy has any feelings one way or another about who is scum or who is town, and in my experience that lack of feeling/conviction arises when someone rolls scum. It's hard to fake.

##vote thranguy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

So did Stone Cold every come back and tell us anything?

I think it's been a day. Would definitely vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm having a real hard time pinning my thoughts down this game day. Everyone is just kinda vaguely there. I still feel like Thran is just vaguely new rather than scum. Mags has barely posted anything since replacing in from a completely absent player. I kinda have weird feelings about Tobbs and Grandi but I don't think they're scum together. Bif I had a big argument with but I don't necessarily think she's scum for it? I have no idea what Bif's scum game looks like though. I'm sure I've experienced it but terrible memory and all that.

Like we have short days and we have someone who is holding onto results which may shape the lynch and another person who has threatened to vig and it feels like we are just at a standstill until one of those things happens and are running out of time.

It's a lovely thing to do and it makes me wonder if it's a scum way to prevent momentum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
looking back at d1, lol hal was forced to claim because he threw out an early vote for bif. here are the people who voted for Hal as a result:

asiina
grandicap
rf
bif
apostate
inf

later, Hal explained the reason for his Bif vote:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well apostateCourier, let me start by first saying I would only make a case like this early into D1, as it's weak at best.

Jamuraan is a fine player, one who despises lurking but ironically (is that the correct use of that word?) he tends to be somewhat reticent to post himself. While he despises all lurkers, he holds a special place in his heart for hating lurking scum.

Jamuraan would be able to live with himself as a lurking town player and would most likely attempt to stay in the game if at all possible, but as scum he would not be able to live with himself if he lurked his way to a victory and/or let down his teammates who would be counting on his experience and wisdom to help carry them to a scum victory. Since Jamuraan is still relatively young and feels he may still have a long, productive and perhaps exciting life he would much more readily step away from this outstanding ecco-like being run by fine mod Max were he to have been assigned a scum role.

I have played a few games with Jam, and he has been town/3p every time. so I agree with Hal, that jam may have felt overwhelmed as scum this game. This could be completely wrong, maybe irl happened for jam and he had to drop out. But at the very least, we know that Hal was sincere in the above post. Just something to consider.

right now, my strongest scum reads are grandicap and bif.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

im actually more suspicious of the people who seem to be attempting to start a wagon on me (asiina, grandicap) than the people who actually voted for me (stone cold and flerp). as far as I am concerned, there should only be one, at most two people with legitimate (though misguided) reasons to be suspicious of me. if said poster(s?) are town, then imo it is in your best interest to keep your suspicions to yourself for the time being. that is all i am going to say right now.

I took a look at b--1's game history and this is game 12 for b+1, so the dumb town excuse falls flat for me. Is there a single towny word or phrase here? I'd gladly vote b+1 closer to end-of-day.

Mr. F! posted:

In 24 hours I will vig apostatecourier. You have until then to convince me I should target someone else

What, no reasoning at all? Tell me why you want to shoot me.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Thranguy puts a lot of emphasis on what looks like a good case or not. Yeah it's mafia and casing is important, but there needs to also be some exercise of intuition. It doesn't seem to me that thranguy has any feelings one way or another about who is scum or who is town, and in my experience that lack of feeling/conviction arises when someone rolls scum. It's hard to fake.

##vote thranguy

If Thran had more games under their belt, I'd be agreeing with you. Two games in, though, and I can understand a lack of confidence in their reads, out of fear of getting knocked out of the game for making a bad case.

On the other hand, Tobbs, you've been dropping a ton of no-content town reads lately. Explain your thoughts, please.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Phoneposting but I’m comfortable with my vote on grandi, had my vote on thran d1 and my feelings haven’t changed so will vote on thran d2 as well.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
AC: How are town reads no content?

I think thran is scum, I still think you're scum, and I'm neutral on Bif and grandi. If there are zero scum between the four of you I'll eat my left foot.

I'm not scum, I don't know anyone else's alignment. I make calls as I see them. Do I have to make a stupid lumpen list for it to count as content?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think thran is scum, I still think you're scum, and I'm neutral on Bif and grandi. If there are zero scum between the four of you I'll eat my left foot.

I'm not scum, I don't know anyone else's alignment. I make calls as I see them. Do I have to make a stupid lumpen list for it to count as content?

"X is towny" is not content-sufficient. Quote some posts, make some arguments.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

apostateCourier posted:

"X is towny" is not content-sufficient. Quote some posts, make some arguments.

"X player is town if they seem to be engaging with the game in a genuine and meaningful way."

You and thran don't seem to be engaging in a meaningful and genuine way. Bif posts 1000x times a day as town and scum and tunnels like crazy so it's a null read. Grandi seems to be posting carefully and thoughtfully, but not in any overtly scummy way, so it's a null read.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also if TMM doesn't come in and call you out for mafia-dading then he's probably scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This post really bothers me.

First, I completely disagree about the four players he named.

Second, it seems a bit too confident in his belief that there must be scum in those four players. It feels like one of those scum posts where a scum gets hidden among a bunch of town names. Not to mention that the way it's phrased gives Tobbs the option to say 'Well it must be one of bif/grandi!' if neither of thrang or aC flip scum.

And finally the whole last part is almost entirely gratuitous. Plus it includes an 'I'm town' delaraction which feels out of place here.

Actually after writing it all out, I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Tobbs for it. It's that bad.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lol yup, calling me out for mafia-dading and letting A.C. slide for the same thing confirms scum TMM.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah saying "one of out these four people is probably scum" is not at all a scummy thing to do. Trying to paint it as such is.

##vote Madman

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Actually yeah, okay.

Madman and I and two other people (who are free to out themselves if they want) are in an unconfirmed masonry and we've been saying since the beginning that there's almost definitely scum in our masonry. Even if you don't adhere to standard game practices of unconfirmed masonries, 1 in 4 there's statistically one scum. This is something we have unanimously agreed on since the beginning of the game and even earlier this game day Madman hesitated to say something because there's probably scum in the masonry!!

So being like "lol saying 1 person in 4 is scum is a scummy thing to do" is not only wrong, it's super hypocritical coming from someone who has been making the same argument all game.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hi, I am also a masonry person.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm supposed to call out aC for mafia dadding in posts I hadn't seen because I was writing my post on Tobbs?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Actually yeah, okay.

Madman and I and two other people (who are free to out themselves if they want) are in an unconfirmed masonry and we've been saying since the beginning that there's almost definitely scum in our masonry. Even if you don't adhere to standard game practices of unconfirmed masonries, 1 in 4 there's statistically one scum. This is something we have unanimously agreed on since the beginning of the game and even earlier this game day Madman hesitated to say something because there's probably scum in the masonry!!

So being like "lol saying 1 person in 4 is scum is a scummy thing to do" is not only wrong, it's super hypocritical coming from someone who has been making the same argument all game.

It's not just him saying '1 of these 4 are scum'. It's the way Tobbs leaves himself open to going back to Bif/grandi.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

TMMadman posted:

So I'm supposed to call out aC for mafia dadding in posts I hadn't seen because I was writing my post on Tobbs?

It was supposed to be chiding, as opposed to dad-like, for the record.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Fair enough.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

It's not just him saying '1 of these 4 are scum'. It's the way Tobbs leaves himself open to going back to Bif/grandi.

I mean how is that scummy?

How is saying "I think some of these people are scum but I don't know which" scummy?

It's not saying "if X is town then Y must be scum."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

It's not like anything is set in stone. We're going to have more flips (hopefully scum) that would help clarify a lot. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a result from a power role.

Besides, I'm in the minority with regard to who I think is scum, there's no guarantee and only a small likelihood that we'll lynch anyone I think is scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I mean how is that scummy?

How is saying "I think some of these people are scum but I don't know which" scummy?

It's not saying "if X is town then Y must be scum."

Because that isn't what he said. He said he thinks Thran and aC are scum and he's neutral about bif/grandi. That is leaving the door open to move towards them if neither Thran/aC flip as scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Because that isn't what he said. He said he thinks Thran and aC are scum and he's neutral about bif/grandi. That is leaving the door open to move towards them if neither Thran/aC flip as scum.

That doesn't even make sense. With 15 to start there are probably at least 3-4 scum. I'm by no means psychic and don't believe for a second that I've got the whole scum team.

Besides, in FF6 I had similar neutral feelings towards KB, but I never pushed him. We got his SK flip only after the scum killed him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and since Asiina outed the masonry, I will just go ahead and say that my original intention was to not vote anyone in the masonry until D3. In fact, I was trying to avoid making any hard calls about the people in it at all until D3. I also told the masonry that if anyone in it died that I would immediately out the masonry and cast suspicion on the other two members.

However, I'm going to go ahead and ditch those intentions.

The fourth member of the masonry is Inf and I believe he is the scum in it. It would have been my first vote on D3. Something about him just isn't sitting right with me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I also told the masonry that if anyone in it died that I would immediately out the masonry and cast suspicion on the other two members.

This always made no sense to me either when you said it there too, since none of us revealed a power role in there because obviously we're suspicious there's scum in the masonry, so I would assume that the scum in our group would want to keep the others alive so that they can more easily talk to them and try to manipulate them to go where they want them to in private.

Like why would a scum want to kill a member of their own masonry any more than they would any other town player?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Asiina posted:

This always made no sense to me either when you said it there too, since none of us revealed a power role in there because obviously we're suspicious there's scum in the masonry, so I would assume that the scum in our group would want to keep the others alive so that they can more easily talk to them and try to manipulate them to go where they want them to in private.

Like why would a scum want to kill a member of their own masonry any more than they would any other town player?

One of you could have died from a lynch or vig or 3rd party etc.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I feel like all of you play a bunch of games together and that I’m in a disadvantage because of this.

TMMadman posted:

The fourth member of the masonry is Inf and I believe he is the scum in it. It would have been my first vote on D3. Something about him just isn't sitting right with me.

What the hell is this. Put a vote on it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
FYI I played a game with two unconfirmed masonries, and I was certain that one person had to be scum. I ended up being wrong; all four were town. I’m only saying this because even if there is a scum in the masonry, we can’t forget about the other scum in the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

FYI I played a game with two unconfirmed masonries, and I was certain that one person had to be scum. I ended up being wrong; all four were town. I’m only saying this because even if there is a scum in the masonry, we can’t forget about the other scum in the game.

i never forget.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I mean we've all already made the joke that maybe the masonry is just one town and the other three are scum loving with the town person.

Also one person dying and flipping scum doesn't immediately clear the others.

Being in an unconfirmed masonry is basically alignment neutral.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
or theyre all scum and doing the biggest gambit of all time :tinfoil:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

or theyre all scum and doing the biggest gambit of all time :tinfoil:

If two of us flipped scum, I would gladly give my life for town's peace of mind. Assuming it's not LYLO of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It’s awfully quiet now....

• Locked thread