Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

this is borign now give me a vig plz pera

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
give me a DEATH NOTE

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
whomst am I gonna shoot

guess rifht and you don't get shot

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
both of you may have a vig but there is one caveat

it can only be used on yourself

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Sergio Delrio has been gunned down in a back alley. His possessions were not discovered by the citizen's band which discovered him. Los Angeles is confident that Kira will answer this murder.

It is now Night 6.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

no why would I shoot great postsr flerp

peramene posted:

both of you may have a vig but there is one caveat

it can only be used on yourself

you guessed correct so toy're safe

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##DEATH NOTE myself

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##eat apple

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

HYE I foUND A NOTE

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

##DEATH NOTE myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
slord are you enjoying my gift?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, I can debunk the "GulagDolls is secretly alive" theory, so that's something at least. Not a great use of a night, but hey!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, I can debunk the "GulagDolls is secretly alive" theory, so that's something at least. Not a great use of a night, but hey!

Did you get anything specific about who they were?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sentimental snail posted:

slord are you enjoying my gift?

I do love the bloomin onions yeah

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Did you get anything specific about who they were?

No, I just basically got told that I was crazy.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Lord of Hats posted:

No, I just basically got told that I was crazy.

all this calls into question is your sanity, and cannot serve as proof gulagdolls is not alive

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That's fair. Still, I don't think I'm going to delve further into it for the time being.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
interesting that your only other meaningful input was that one of the remaining players is, probably, a narc, and may be good, or bad, you just don't know :shrug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sentimental snail posted:

interesting that your only other meaningful input was that one of the remaining players is, probably, a narc, and may be good, or bad, you just don't know :shrug:

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
There's definitely active honeypots still they attacked our super secret hq.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Anything to say for yourself about that, Chaoslord? Seems like a really nasty thing to do.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Lord of Hats posted:

Anything to say for yourself about that, Chaoslord? Seems like a really nasty thing to do.

Not particularly, no. That was 2 nights ago and no one wanted to discuss it during the super long day we just had so I’m don’t feel particularly inclined to go over it now. It didn’t have anything to do with me being a honeypot since the organization has been disbanded. I’ve moved on.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

death to the huniepots

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Suspicions for Night 6
The current deadline is October 24th, 2017 at 7 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 2 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

death to the huniepots

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm going to bed

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm going to bed

SOmebody smother this bithc please

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:ghost: sleep tight dont let the death note bite :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 6
The current deadline is October 24th, 2017 at 7 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Jasper "Lord of Hats" Belrose, former Chief of the LAPD, had obviously had a bit much to drink. Those despicable Honeypots were operating out of this joint - he'd known it for years, but never been able to do anything about it. Well, he was still the Chief, and he was going to do something about it. He passed Katzmeyer "Jeabus Mahogany" Lapran - eyes dull and walking out of the establishment - but he didn't know for sure if Lapran was guilty or not. Rembrite, on the other hand... Allen "chaoslord" Rembrite had openly admitted to belonging to the Honeypot firm. If he was somehow still operating, he was going to shut them down.

gently caress Crime.

Katzmeyer "Jeabus Mahogany" Lapran had left a note containing the name of his fellow former FBI Agent - Edge "Xad" Delrio. The complex instructions written for Kayzmeyer were second only to the instructions written for Edge.

Jasper burst through the door of the back room, prepared to arrest Rembrite - Kira or not. He stumbled a little, the alcohol coursing through his system making him just a bit dizzy. There was a notebook open on the table, a pen haphazardly tossed aside. He held his gun aloft, scanning for Rembrite, but there was no sign of him. As he approached the table, his eyes darted down to the notebook. It was obviously the Death Note. He lowered his weapon and read the last two entries. He shook his head, as suddenly so much made sense to him.

Kira had been "Sal the Bard". As L took on the investigation, Kira had allowed "GulagDolls" to do his killing for him, freeing him up to attempt to outsmart L. At every turn, he'd been overcome. The bomb had gone off and eliminated most of his best possible sources at getting L's real name... and then he'd been shot in a back alley by "chaoslord", who had stolen the notebook and written down only two names. While he was clearly targeting L, the rules at the beginning of the notebook clearly indicated that that just wasn't a possibility. The door to the back room closed behind him and the former Chief of Police found himself staring down the barrel of Allen Rembrite's pistol.

"See, this is the way a man ought to do his killing," he said. Jasper didn't make it to the pen and notebook in time before Allen just blew his brains out. After a life-long crusade against it, crime had won at last.

In the days that followed, it would be revealed that Katzmeyer "Jeabus Mahogany" Lapran and Edge "Xad" Delrio had committed suicide. But a curious thing happened next: the killings of criminals abruptly stopped. Kira was apparently no more. It took time, but it soon became clear to L that something else had ended the killings. Had his Death Note fallen into the hands of someone else? Had the shinigami finally given up, returned home? He had no way of knowing. Though the case would forever remain open in his mind, he just didn't have the resources to notice that every now and then, someone would kill themselves in a manner which allowed Allen Rembrite to profit. One at a time, spread out over long periods of time, well outside of the detection of reborn international police organizations. After a time, normalcy returned - the age of Kira had finally come to a close.

The Honeypot firm, specifically chaoslord, wins.
Tobbs has been "endgamed", returning to more interesting casework.

Honeypot firm:
chaoslord
Hal Incandenza
Murmur Twin (mole inside the LAPD)
Quidnose
St Evan Echoes

LAPD:
The Lord of Hats (Chief)
Asiina (Deputy Chief)
KhediveRex
gif Probst
Pass the Mash

Private Investigators:
Bifauxnen
Yorkshire Tea

FBI:
PMush (SAC)
b-minus (ASAC)
bowmore
Jeabus Mahogany (undercover agent inside Honeypot)
Xad

Kira: Sal the Bard
Second Kira: GulagDolls
L: Tobbs Gnawed

special thanks to civilians, especially Podima for volunteering to taunt the thread and the holder of the Death Note as a shinigami

Role PMs
Death Note
The Haps etc

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Went out the way I lived

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dont kill ur helpers

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I knew you could do it buddy

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I had the option to burn the notebook and end the game but pod helped convince me to just go for it :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also scummer twin betrayed me what else is new

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i wrote "DEAHT" on the death notw now no one can die aHAHA

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

I had the option to burn the notebook and end the game but pod helped convince me to just go for it :toot:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Told ya I shoulda shot Quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

Civilian Vote Tally:
Max - Kira
cpig - Kira
stickup - Kira
flerp - Kira

Podima - L
birb - L
Magnus - L
bottleknight - L
Keane - L
Alasdair - L
Wren - L
Grandicap - L
Cat - L
Asphixious - L
Max Peck - L

Phase 1 concluding tiebreaker advantage goes to L... for what little it mattered.

Also, I want to talk about this. I had a few some enough beers and was fired up about the vote being 4-2 against my preferred side at the time, so I decided to just start PMing random people on Discord with "please pm peramene 'I vote for L' thank you". This was the result... not that it ended up mattering!

• Locked thread