Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

naem posted:

cat functioning as designed

Agreed. My cat loves everything fluffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Costco memberships are good at all their locations all over the world. Take a quick trip to the US east coast, get a 'Co membership, and the savings in a year would have paid for your plane trip. You can just renew online after that. Im not sure if Executive membership cash back works outside the US, but if it does, even more savings. Ill be in London next month and gonna hit up the 'Co up near Wembley (since it's the only one remotely close to a Tube station) to expand my Costco culinary horizons with a shepard's pie and a jacket potato.

naem
May 29, 2011

The British class system is so bizarre to me

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

naem posted:

The British class system is so bizarre to me

more like caste system here imo

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

uli2000 posted:

Costco memberships are good at all their locations all over the world. Take a quick trip to the US east coast, get a 'Co membership, and the savings in a year would have paid for your plane trip. You can just renew online after that. Im not sure if Executive membership cash back works outside the US, but if it does, even more savings. Ill be in London next month and gonna hit up the 'Co up near Wembley (since it's the only one remotely close to a Tube station) to expand my Costco culinary horizons with a shepard's pie and a jacket potato.

I'm going to Vegas in January for an event, there is a Business Centre at the top of the strip that I'm going to hit up. Going to get my US membership and swagger into the Costco near me and thumb my nose at the opressors. :smug:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Any opinions on these Kirkland belgian chocolate crepes that are gonna be on sale?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I bought some stuff called Hoody's Peanut Butter Chocolate Mix. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. PBUC.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Trastion posted:

I bought some stuff called Hoody's Peanut Butter Chocolate Mix. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. PBUC.

i just googled it and it looks amazing

god i wish i could justify eating that

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trastion posted:

Based on the name, I was expecting something spreadable, but looking it up in Google image...that does look amazing. Maybe I’ll pick some up around Christmas.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

uli2000 posted:

Ill be in London next month and gonna hit up the 'Co up near Wembley (since it's the only one remotely close to a Tube station) to expand my Costco culinary horizons with a shepard's pie and a jacket potato.

Enjoy the walk from Wembley or Neasden and saviour everything suburban London has to offer.

Or catch an Uber from the station... I’d get an Uber.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

Enjoy the walk from Wembley or Neasden and saviour everything suburban London has to offer.

Or catch an Uber from the station... I’d get an Uber.

Or just take the Midlands service to Watford and go to the UK Costco HQ. Might as well get the full service treatment when you're there

Risky
May 18, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Based on the name, I was expecting something spreadable, but looking it up in Google image...that does look amazing. Maybe I’ll pick some up around Christmas.

It's literally just that Reeses Mix in the canister you can get at any walmart candy aisle.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Risky posted:

walmart

I'm sorry, what

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Costco's Aussie Bites are real good.

:yum:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

:yeah:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah but nutritionally there are the same as a Twinkie, so it's hard to justify when Twinkies exist.

Risky
May 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

I'm sorry, what

my apologies.

PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally got my sherpa and of course my communion tonight.

drat this sherpa is soooooooo soft.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Statutory Ape posted:

i just googled it and it looks amazing

god i wish i could justify eating that

I looked at that and both my dick and my arteries got hard PBUC

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I spent over $200 at Costco tonight, which is unusual for me. The majority was getting four new printer ink cartridges for my wife, but I also got another six-pack of chicken thighs, the plumpest blueberries I've ever seen, the four-cheese tray (all cut into perfect squares for crackers), stuffed grape leaves, a canister of chocolates from around the world (well worth trying out), and I impulse-bought a big bottle of a new Robert Rothschild roasted red pepper and onion sauce, which looked really good. It was sweeter than I hoped for, but still tasty.

Oh yeah, and I got my wife the Sherpa throw, after all of you hyped it up. I never go down those aisles, so I would have never discovered it on my own, but that thing is SOFT! I felt like a lord of Winterfell when I draped it around myself, like I was covered in a pile of rabbits. Today was the first cool day of fall here in Florida, so I know she will love it when the weather dips a bit more.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I spent over $200 at Costco tonight, which is unusual for me.
I almost always spend at least $140-200+ at Costco, but I also generally go one a month (sometimes twice like this month). Its kinda crazy cause it doesnt seem like you get much, but that bag of jerky, 2.5lb box of mixed nuts, block of cheese and parmesian, etc all ramp up loving quickly.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Or just take the Midlands service to Watford and go to the UK Costco HQ. Might as well get the full service treatment when you're there

Hm. Watford isn’t that much further from me than Wembley. Might head out there when the car is fixed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My Costco is having Trick or Treating. :grin:

quote:

Join us on Friday, October 27 at 6 p.m. for a trick-or-treating event.

Bring your candy basket and trick-or-treat around Costco in your best Halloween costume. Enjoy snacks, games and a photobooth.

If you are not a Costco member, join during the event and recieve a Cash Card and gift bag.

I should dress up as an executive member.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
trick or treat at the hot dog area exclusively

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I saw that my sister-in-law is thinking about going via that Facebook thing. I don't know if she's realizing she'll be entering the Thunderdome.

That's sad. I like my niece, she's tough. My nephew is a pussy though and probably won't survive. :ohdear:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My Costco started carrying Brazi Bites in the freezer section. They're super duper good easy pao de queijo. Eat them with the fine meats you can find in the butcher section.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I have decided that I will be getting a Sherpa Throw to use for a White Elephant gift this year. We usually cap it at $20 and I am sure it will be the most fought over gift in the bunch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thinkin about that Sherp. I've got exactly one non-bathroom room in my house that isn't equipped with one and it eats me up inside.

Burlinton
Jul 4, 2014
May have to try the Sherpa Throw. Most likely the cats will take it over within a week.

naem
May 29, 2011

I hope the Sherpa throw is made of certified free range organic Sherpas and not that factory farmed stuff

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Trastion posted:

I have decided that I will be getting a Sherpa Throw to use for a White Elephant gift this year. We usually cap it at $20 and I am sure it will be the most fought over gift in the bunch.

Mine was $15. That's one-five dollars for sleeping on a cloud.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

What’s all this Sherpa (tm) talk??

I only get to go to Costco when my roommate lets us use his card, which is like once every other month, so I’m not privy to their deals :ohdear:

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

moolchaba posted:

Keep the intruder away from the Kirkland!!!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My hog likes the sherpa

naem
May 29, 2011

BOY was I worried watching that slowly load on my iPhone

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
My costco in texas stopped carrying the pack of 18 one liter bottle waters from Ozarka. I'm not spending 15 bucks on 12 Smart waters.

Costco :(

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
what are the dimensions of the sherpa? As a tall dude I have been burned by too many blankets that leave my poor feet in the cold, if I can't lie fully stretched on the couch with the blanket over me it's worthless.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

ArbitraryC posted:

what are the dimensions of the sherpa? As a tall dude I have been burned by too many blankets that leave my poor feet in the cold, if I can't lie fully stretched on the couch with the blanket over me it's worthless.

They have them in full, queen, and king size

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

There are options

Twin
Queen
Kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

King size may cover my generous goon form