Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zachack posted:

This isn't really a hot take, though, the game is an excuse to plug the controller in like a giant, hideously overpriced Playmobil play set. The game itself was kinda ok for its time, not great, and bad now. And the online version was completely broken.

I played it about 2 years ago and thought it was a lot of fun. 10-man local LAN matches were pretty drat interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Finster Dexter posted:

Those games worked on 360 AND og xbox?? I never knew...

Yeah Sneak King, PocketBike Racer and Big Bumpin' were all originally intended to be XBLA downloadable titles, and thus take up very little space on their discs for each console version - and since they were released in 2006 when the 360'd only been out for a year, Burger King wanted them to be able to run on both systems.

This was at one point going to be two separate discs, but it was decided that'd be too difficult to manage stock at the locations. And since it turns out the original Xbox won't mind if there's a separate section on the disc with 360 data, nor does the 360 mind the reverse, they just put em both on the same disc and each console reads the one meant for it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Another example of why I'm buying an X despite having a good PC: at the end of a gruelling 20 minute rapid QTE nightmare boss battle in Shadow of War, the game minimized to tell me I had a fuckin driver update to install. While I was scrambling to get the keyboard (living room set up) I was killed, with the game still not showing anything but sound. My hands are killing me from doing that poo poo over again.

True 4K/60fps is amazing but gently caress PC gaming.

Otherwise, Shadow of War is pretty cool despite that lovely end boss battle (not technically end boss, but probably should be, from what I've heard). I liked it a lot more than the last one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh do they have driver pop ups on the non 500 dollar xboxs now? Dang!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh do they have driver pop ups on the non 500 dollar xboxs now? Dang!

You could be immediately and suddenly thrown out of a game if there was either a game patch or firmware update pushed out while you were playing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zachack posted:

This isn't really a hot take, though, the game is an excuse to plug the controller in like a giant, hideously overpriced Playmobil play set. The game itself was kinda ok for its time, not great, and bad now. And the online version was completely broken.

I remember the online sequel being decent.

And everyone remembers it too because the eject button actually means something in that mech game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

San Andreas has a music licensing complication.

They released the PS2 version on PS4 with the problematic music removed.

Also, on both PS3 and 360, they released a high definition version of San Andreas with the music similarly stripped, I believe with a similar base code as what the mobile port uses. Odds are good if the game comes to Xbox One, it would be this 360 HD version they'd release.

the 360 port controls like poo poo as a result of its mobile origins. cj automatically grabs any ledge and jumps over any object rather than having to push the jump button to do these things, and it sucks and got me killed multiple times. also it bugged out on me multiple times in ways that made missions uncompletable. don't play this version.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Best version of San Andreas remains the release day PC port, which is packaged in a hard bound book and a slipcover.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/xbox-one-x-enhanced

Good thing I held off on Gears of War 4 until the X comes out, these enhancements sound awesome.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Barudak posted:

I remember the online sequel being decent.

And everyone remembers it too because the eject button actually means something in that mech game.

It was decent and broken. The very few games I managed to play that weren't completely messed up were pretty tense, but it just constantly refused to load fully, dropped connections, etc. I mean, maybe I just got really unlucky.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Adaptabullshit posted:

Good thing I held off on Gears of War 4 until the X comes out, these enhancements sound awesome.

None of those are for the multiplayer which is astounding as the single player was the worst of the series and was quickly forgotten by everyone that played it. I swear they couldn't mishandle Gears of War worse than they have. I'd rather it be dead at this point.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
Is Black and Ninja Gaiden Black available to buy digitally for Xbox One? I can't find them on the site

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ninja-Gaiden-Black/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802544307d8

They're not BC til later today so try then. I'm sure the link will secure you a copy tho.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

RBX posted:

None of those are for the multiplayer which is astounding as the single player was the worst of the series and was quickly forgotten by everyone that played it. I swear they couldn't mishandle Gears of War worse than they have. I'd rather it be dead at this point.

Competitive Multiplayer, Horde Mode is being updated.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Adaptabullshit posted:

lmao

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Adaptabullshit posted:

Competitive Multiplayer, Horde Mode is being updated.

I said that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

univbee posted:

Good thing the Bonx is physically the smallest Xbox yet!

B-but... Xbox hueg?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Another example of why I'm buying an X despite having a good PC: at the end of a gruelling 20 minute rapid QTE nightmare boss battle in Shadow of War, the game minimized to tell me I had a fuckin driver update to install. While I was scrambling to get the keyboard (living room set up) I was killed, with the game still not showing anything but sound. My hands are killing me from doing that poo poo over again.

True 4K/60fps is amazing but gently caress PC gaming.

Otherwise, Shadow of War is pretty cool despite that lovely end boss battle (not technically end boss, but probably should be, from what I've heard). I liked it a lot more than the last one.

You should appreciate the driver popup. It is the glorious price you pay for true gaming nirvana.

One does not simply play a video game and not expect a driver popup or some other horseshit when one enters Mordor.

Wheany posted:

B-but... Xbox hueg?

There comes a time in every gamer's life where one must reevaluate one's dearly held meme reactions and preconceptions. A trying time, to be sure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

$500 or disable automatic updates. Decisions decisions.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If they actually get metal wolf chaos and translate it I will buy a Xbox one x.

Panzer dragoon Orta isn't too much of hopeful thinking because they did get that game working on Xbox 360 and so far all over Xbox games on Xbox one were titles that worked on 360 before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

If they actually get metal wolf chaos and translate it I will buy a Xbox one x.

Why not save 350 dollars and get a used S? You dont need the worlds most powerful console (tm) to play a game from 2003

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I can't remember the last time I saw a pop up about driver updates. I can't remember if I ever had to think about driver updates beyond the occasional nvidia update. Are you running Windows 98 or something?

But yeah, it's certainly a good way to make yourself feel better about buying an Xbox One Ten

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Still cheaper than a sweet gaming rig, though.

:shobon:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only way possible to get a popup driver update is to not cut your computer on for days. Like do you not use your computer? It certainly won't minimize the game, I haven't seen that since before geforce expirence. Also driver updates are the same as those long rear end console updates.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RBX posted:

The only way possible to get a popup driver update is to not cut your computer on for days. Like do you not use your computer? It certainly won't minimize the game, I haven't seen that since before geforce expirence. Also driver updates are the same as those long rear end console updates.

This brings up a good point, though, as many people don't use their computers regularly, at least not their gaming PC's which might be only for gaming when their shitposting and other stuff might be on their work PC, or a non-gaming laptop, or even their phones.

I have a living room PC that isn't on unless I'm gaming on the TV, which I don't do a lot of so I kind of have to pre-prep it by turning it on and doing the GeForce driver update and letting Steam churn away at all the game updates that dropped since I last had the PC on. With PS4/XB1 at least they have a low power mode that does all this in the background.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Gears of War 3 multiplayer to this day is still vastly superior so it doesn't matter.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
So would we see an increase in framerate for games on the X even without a "pro patch?"

Or not, because the software is tied to the hardware of the Xbox One.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For the most part it looks like the Bonx is just doing the same thing as Pro on most modern titles, you have the option of either 4k locked @ 30fps or a performance mode for 60fps at a downscaled resolution.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

So would we see an increase in framerate for games on the X even without a "pro patch?"

Or not, because the software is tied to the hardware of the Xbox One.

There are some minor across-the-board improvements such as load times and 16x AF.

Basically games where on an Xbox One or S there is a struggle for a consistent resolution and framerate, the framerate and resolution should both essentially be "locked" at whatever the max values for both of those are.

For example, if Just Cause 3 doesn't get an Xbox One X patch, it will still run at 1600x900, but won't have framerates dipping into the 20's anymore, should stay locked at 30 (but won't go past that).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Okay, that is good enough for me. I bought JC3 and sold it after about 20 hours because that framerate was atrocious.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/922626922131087360

I didn't love Sunset Overdrive, but it was a unique game, seems like this would be a no brainer for Microsoft to publish

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wheany posted:

B-but... Xbox hueg?

Xboxes should be big and beautiful!!!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

$500 or disable automatic updates. Decisions decisions.

I have disabled auto updates. The notifications still kill the game.

It also regularly loses connection to my controller and flickers about five times before reconnecting (xbox elite).

And worst of all I can't sell Shadow of War on PC now that there's no fuckin way I'm doing Act 4.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
What notifications?!

What weird shitware do you have installed on your IBM compatible?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I installed an nvidia video card. Fuckin shitware am i rite

p.s. stop being defensive about the lovely pc gaming experience. It's unnecessarily lovely, minus the graphics.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Gonna go ahead and blame the developers of the modern Windows game that can't handle a notification/loss of focus without exploding for all that poo poo.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I installed an nvidia video card. Fuckin shitware am i rite

p.s. stop being defensive about the lovely pc gaming experience. It's unnecessarily lovely, minus the graphics.

Right, I'd recommend removing GeForce Experience unless you know you need it for something specific. You're describing stuff I've never seen and I've always used Nvidia cards. I gave Experience only one chance and it was terrible back then, so I've always just kept it disabled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

"UnfortunateSexFart" posted:

You dare? YOU DARE!?!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zat posted:

Right, I'd recommend removing GeForce Experience unless you know you need it for something specific. You're describing stuff I've never seen and I've always used Nvidia cards. I gave Experience only one chance and it was terrible back then, so I've always just kept it disabled.
It's still lovely and I had the exact same thing that guy described (YOU HAVE A DRIVER UPDATE :v: ), while playing a nail biter match of SMITE. I guess the solution is to play smite on xbone idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost