Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I feel the same. Except with Star Citizen backers with money still in the game. gently caress them all :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/922869061842808832
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/922874089856995328

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This place isn't an echo chamber. Tarkaroshe could easily pay ten bucks and come tell me off for saying his brain is as smooth as polished glass. :shrug:

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Yea. They're encouraged to come here. We treasure MOMA as our own son, albeit with a auto erotic belt issue but still our son.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

This place isn't an echo chamber. Tarkaroshe could easily pay ten bucks and come tell me off for saying his brain is as smooth as polished glass. :shrug:

But think about how many spaceships he could buy instead

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper posted:

Coming from the guy with a furry bestiality comic avatar AND name.

Also your wrong. Pacific rim was loving amazing.

I missed this reply when it would have been timely to post a sarcastic response.

Pretend I say something about how both you and pacific rim are bad, my avatar/alias is iconic, and star citizen is bad. Also pretend I posted it like 3 pages back.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/FTqtIeo.gifv

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Tarkaroshe sure is verbose. Do we have any proof Tarkaroshe isn't one of Derek's many, many alts?

And while talking about proof. Have to wonder if he accepts that CIG has proven SQ42 doesn't exist...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Hav posted:

Hey, if I can fart on someone from another continent, I will die happy.

It's not sexual, it's an indication that there's nothing left to discover.

Would you settle for a tongue? With mine, I just replaced the tongue with a tentacle.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

HycoCam posted:

Would you settle for a tongue? With mine, I just replaced the tongue with a tentacle.

Nope, not clicking the link.

hot balls man no homo posted:

I feel the same. Except with Star Citizen backers with money still in the game. gently caress them all :roflolmao:

You have to buy me dinner first, but I enjoy Five guys. The rough and the smooth, all in one slightly overweight package.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
Request:

Can anyone share the goons + derek youtube of the Gamescom disaster? It seems to have disappeared from the internet.

Need to get hyped for Friday. That video is practically required watching.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Vertisce of r/ds attempting research on a non-Derek Smart topic

Shuttle Crew Operations Manual - 2.13 GNC - Translational Hand Controller (THC)

Shuttle Commander's Station - THC is visible to the left of the Rotational Hand Controller

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mirificus posted:

Vertisce of r/ds attempting research on a non-Derek Smart topic

Shuttle Crew Operations Manual - 2.13 GNC - Translational Hand Controller (THC)

Shuttle Commander's Station - THC is visible to the left of the Rotational Hand Controller

I'm the THC use :350:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

BloodyScab posted:

Yea. They're encouraged to come here. We treasure MOMA as our own son, albeit with a auto erotic belt issue but still our son.

To each, his own.

I'll tell all of you off in 4 years when the game is finally released.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Answer the call 2021 tbd

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 24, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRA0W1kECg

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

To each, his own.

you mean alpha 4.0?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYd_-pAfbBw&t=218s

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Achamp posted:

Request:

Can anyone share the goons + derek youtube of the Gamescom disaster? It seems to have disappeared from the internet.

Need to get hyped for Friday. That video is practically required watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCbvu-uF4o

i'm in it, please like subscribe and parp

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Completely mental.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Left the best til last.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have the energy to wade through a load of Shitizen bollocks at the moment. Can anyone summarise how they think Star Citizen had anything to do with The Escapist's problems?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sunswipe posted:

I don't have the energy to wade through a load of Shitizen bollocks at the moment. Can anyone summarise how they think Star Citizen had anything to do with The Escapist's problems?

The Escapist once wrote a negative article about Star Citizen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

They said bad things about Star Citizen so Chris Roberts and MoMA sued them into the ground and took all their money

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

The same reason the Aztecs thought human sacrifice made the sun come up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

To each, his own.

They'll have to cut a lot of heads to last 4 years, so better make that 12 years.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tooterfish posted:

The same reason the Aztecs thought human sacrifice made the sun come up.

Except that the sun came up the morning after the sacrifice and not years later

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CIG's calendar uses years instead of days.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tooterfish posted:

CIG's calendar uses years instead of days.

Ah yes, the Roberts Long Count calendar, where "this December" is actually a few millennia from now

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Quavers posted:

It could be like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book: "The Warlord Of IronClad Mountain"

You have power

Do you abuse it?

Yes - Turn to page 1
No - Turn to page 404

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat posted:

You have power

Do you abuse it?

Yes - Turn to page 1
No - Turn to page 404

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BloodyScab posted:

A love letter to CIG? Why yes I did

Dear Cloud Imperium Games, My name is Alexander. I found out about Star Citizen about 3 years ago, when I was 14 years old. I fell in LOVE with the universe, the Lore, the news posts, the ships, I spent 1/3 of my time on the internet checking to see if there was any new content added. But, unfortunately, I had no computer able to run the game. Luckily, about a year ago, I managed to get a PC that could run your game flawlessly. I had fun exploring and dogfighting (although I was trash... and still am XD) but that’s not what I’d like to talk about. What I’d like to write to you about is not the gameplay you’ve created, but the community. You see, Star Citizen is home to (most of the time) one of the most supportive and passionate gaming communities out there. Your hard work and dedication to this game has sparked something that thousands of people share. I am proud to be part of a game that has worked very hard and has been incredibly ambitious with its goals. I know that people will argue that you haven’t done enough, that you haven’t delivered what you promised. And to be fair, you haven’t. But I don’t mind. Because what you’ve created is far deeper than a “game”. You’ve helped forge friendships, and brought people together. You want proof? I am part of an org. The Republic of Lorell. I have been a part of this amazing family for over half a year, and I will say with 100% certainty that they have changed my life for the better. I have friends that I never thought I’d have, and they’ve influenced me to do my best in every aspect of my life. They’ve given me the chance to express creativity, and love, and comradery. This is but one example. Thank you, guys. Really. You’re making something awesome. Keep going, and ignore the haters. My only regret is that I don’t have more ways to support you awesome people.

one day this is going to be read out by a character actor on a later season of 'mindhunter'

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I have a controversial opinion on the citizen con coming up

It will be loaded with technical errors , both from the production stand point and the game itself. I think we should have a counter for the number of game breaking bugs and crashes

I'd be surprised if they take in 250k that day

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So basically these people are so brainbroke that a singular (?) article besmirched their holy scam//cult two (?) years ago and they're masturbating to fantasies of the legal department eviscerating them and a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it losing their jobs?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The only thing that could possibly disappoint these people more than never being able to play their dream game exactly as it is imagined by Chris Roberts is being able to play it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

we want people who are kids now to be into the game when they're adults & the game is done

& we want backers who get pregnant in the next year or two to still be able to play while caring for a ten year old once the full game is live..

So basically this guy doesn't expect the game to be done for twelve years or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the game is much more valuable as long as it stays in concept