Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
we're all trying to figure out who we kill first of the unconfirmed scum masons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

we're all trying to figure out who we kill first of the unconfirmed scum masons

That would be hilarious.

3 scum 1 town, they know one of them is town but even the town player doesn't know they're town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
just throwing this out there - what if we look somewhere else for a d2 lynch? Even if there is a scum mason, there are still other threats to the town, and we might want to prioritize finding them instead. Based on my understanding of the mason role, a scum mason's only ability is to communicate with another player in the masonry, in addition to the normal scumchat. All I'm suggesting is that there might be 3Ps, or scum with other night actions, that can do more harm than a scum mason.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there is sometimes a lovers aspect to masonries

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##unvote

i forgot what my case on bminus was

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

but DIS GUY is scum for sure

##vote thranguy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

let's just kill all the masons problem solved

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

but DIS GUY is scum for sure

##vote thranguy

like I said, I'm cool with this vote in general, but why are YOU pushing for him so hard (and you have been since the beginning of the game)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice to wake up to being outted involuntary about being in the Masonry, then having shade thrown at me at the same time.

Cheers TMMadman, that's not suss at all

Going back to sleep, will post thoughts when I wake up properly; and I'm not phone posting half asleep

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

So being like "lol saying 1 person in 4 is scum is a scummy thing to do" is not only wrong, it's super hypocritical coming from someone who has been making the same argument all game.

Hm, I didn't take TMM's post that way at all. On the contrary, it was the first time I thought he had since decent substance instead of hanging cash giving Sun excuses for why he wasn't doing much yet. There was more context there than just "lol 1 in those 4 people is scum? That's a scummy thing to say" he also disagreed with the individual reads within, and had a problem with half of those reads being just "Neutral".

I I think you're just having a D2 with TMM that's kinda like your D1 with me. Finding out TMM was in a big masonry all along also makes me feel better about his earlier low participation in the main thread.

Btw thank you B- and Tobbs, I was feeling a bit guilty and disappointed with myself since I personally feel by now that my Town Tantrums are so fuckin textbook it's a bit unfair, kind of like making a toxx (or a JoBro swear, haha) to go against the spirit of Mafia, you know, so I'm so glad to see you could still see me (or see fit to try and frame me) as potential scum, makes me feel a bit less embarrassed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, I didn't take TMM's post that way at all. On the contrary, it was the first time I thought he had since decent substance instead of hanging cash giving Sun excuses for why he wasn't doing much yet.

Sorry, phoneposting when I just woke up, Mafia edit:

Hanging BACK giving SCUM excuses for why he wasn't doing much yet.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It's not been 24 hours, but I dont have a vig anyways, so :shrug:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

like I said, I'm cool with this vote in general, but why are YOU pushing for him so hard (and you have been since the beginning of the game)

I have no idea why he's (=Stone Cold 64) getting so little scrutiny for this kind of play. Does he always do this and have a rep for being a town psychic or something?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, now that there's all these masons outed all of a sudden I better draw up a spreadsheet later today. I feel a bit foggy without one rn.

Mags, what's the deal with your vig threat, you still haven't explained why you even wanna shoot AC yet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. F! posted:

It's not been 24 hours, but I dont have a vig anyways, so :shrug:

Oh lol ok anything else you wanna say now that you're here

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
good thing i have a quad day vig that only targets people in a mason

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

good thing i have a quad day vig that only targets people in a mason

Do it, free me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, I didn't take TMM's post that way at all. On the contrary, it was the first time I thought he had since decent substance instead of hanging cash giving Sun excuses for why he wasn't doing much yet. There was more context there than just "lol 1 in those 4 people is scum? That's a scummy thing to say" he also disagreed with the individual reads within, and had a problem with half of those reads being just "Neutral".

I I think you're just having a D2 with TMM that's kinda like your D1 with me. Finding out TMM was in a big masonry all along also makes me feel better about his earlier low participation in the main thread.

Btw thank you B- and Tobbs, I was feeling a bit guilty and disappointed with myself since I personally feel by now that my Town Tantrums are so fuckin textbook it's a bit unfair, kind of like making a toxx (or a JoBro swear, haha) to go against the spirit of Mafia, you know, so I'm so glad to see you could still see me (or see fit to try and frame me) as potential scum, makes me feel a bit less embarrassed.

Madman wasn't talking all that much more in the masonry than he was posting. In fact he even said that he was purposefully posting less to change his meta, and when I called him out in the thread as a lurker I said in the masonry that that's starting to feel like a scum excuse for not participating.

Personally I'm wavering between Inf and Madman as the possible scum in our masonry. aC feels fine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thranguy posted:

I have no idea why he's (=Stone Cold 64) getting so little scrutiny for this kind of play. Does he always do this and have a rep for being a town psychic or something?

Kinda, yeah. Or at least a rep for having this routine, I'm not actually sure what his accuracy is and how "psychic" it is.

Of course, I might be giving him waaaaay too much leeway just for being my trash-talking wrestler bud who makes me smile and gives me hope that maybe one day I can be like him, where my swaggering Mafia persona is just taken as good fun and easily accepted, instead of being such a GROSS person just for the mere act of affecting a persona in a gaming context online, ASIINA not that I'm bitter about that or anything

Sorry for still sounding so bitchy I'm going for a tsundere vibe this time

Yep, gently caress it, let's post it. Moving on, Mags, do something else besides the dayvig gambit please, or at least report on what you feel you have learned from the exercise

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thranguy posted:

before any game starts i take the list of participating players and select one at random to tunnel. i refuse to play with unlucky people.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nevergirls is new i will not vote for nevergills.

bminus actualy reads town i actualy went and read through their posts

mr. f i am not feelin i dunno. not scum not town but he has a gun and only good authorative obediant citizens get to have guns.

flerp is a good boy no harm shall come to him.

bif reads like town.

what if all of scum came up with a plan to just claim they're all in a masonry together since who would lynch everybody in a masonry

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Probst

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Actually try playing the game, this is almost worse than lurking.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

nevergirls is new i will not vote for nevergills.

bminus actualy reads town i actualy went and read through their posts

mr. f i am not feelin i dunno. not scum not town but he has a gun and only good authorative obediant citizens get to have guns.

flerp is a good boy no harm shall come to him.

bif reads like town.

what if all of scum came up with a plan to just claim they're all in a masonry together since who would lynch everybody in a masonry

for the record I'm not new I just haven't played in a million years. I can name drop with the best of them though... ever heard of a little someone named winvirus? yeah he lynched me one time.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

##vote Probst

I legit cannot with this name change

##vote stone cold 64

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

for the record I'm not new I just haven't played in a million years. I can name drop with the best of them though... ever heard of a little someone named winvirus? yeah he lynched me one time.

I'm so sorry you had to play with winvirus. No wonder you've been gone so long.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Stone cold is gif probst? Lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Stone cold - literally not contributing, and making the game worse. picked someone before the game even started and just calling for this person to die for pretty much no reason. Name change after game start is also scummy.

Thranguy - I think is scum however I don't think Stone would be picking on him constantly if they were on same team. I feel like stone is more scummy than thranguy so going with that -- for now.

b-minus - I'm comfortable assuming he is doc or watcher or one of those things, he's almost for sure town. Grandicap's vote on him is bad.

stone cold / grandicap / [one of the masons!?] scum team imho

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm so sorry you had to play with winvirus. No wonder you've been gone so long.

there was also someone else (not winvirus) who just responded with pictures of clowns for the entire game. too spooky 4 me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Stone cold - literally not contributing, and making the game worse. picked someone before the game even started and just calling for this person to die for pretty much no reason. Name change after game start is also scummy.

Thranguy - I think is scum however I don't think Stone would be picking on him constantly if they were on same team. I feel like stone is more scummy than thranguy so going with that -- for now.

b-minus - I'm comfortable assuming he is doc or watcher or one of those things, he's almost for sure town. Grandicap's vote on him is bad.

stone cold / grandicap / [one of the masons!?] scum team imho

The best part of his "reads" is that he clears you for being new while tunneling on someone since before the game began when it's their second game, so it's absolutely not even playing the game at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Actually he didn't have a gun. Or at least, not a day gun. He could be scum with a night gun.

Stone cold - literally not contributing, and making the game worse. picked someone before the game even started and just calling for this person to die for pretty much no reason.

Did he really though

Name change after game start is also scummy.

I don't really like this particular argument. I'm still worried about having a blind spot for Probst and all, but this doesn't look like a good faith argument to make. Like are you honestly concerned he went and performed the significant act of changing his name on the forums... just to try and fool people into forgetting he is the same person who made his earlier D1 posts?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like real talk, I have no idea where any of this good will and assumption of being town came from.

Nothing he's done in this game is even close to deserving it.

Like if anything makes me suspicious of Bif, it's that, because I can't even begin to see it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Like real talk, I have no idea where any of this good will and assumption of being town came from.

Nothing he's done in this game is even close to deserving it.

Like if anything makes me suspicious of Bif, it's that, because I can't even begin to see it.

Well, I can totally sympathise with you not liking it when someone just phones it in while you're making effort, and not wanting to grant them any goodwill. But I remember you being quite upset one time when you were on the other side of that equation...

I'm not assuming he's town. Had a strong hunch that way D1, and I'm cautiously wondering about it today. But rn I am certainly more pinged by the "name change= scum" argument.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's a pretty dumb argument, I'll agree. I doubt there was a reason for that.

It's kind of a bad thing to do in the middle of a game, but it's not an alignment related thing.

I guess I agree with the rest of it, so I'm more inclined to ignore that one bad argument.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So the masonry is myself, Apostate, Asiina, and TMMadman

Masonchat
- Didn't like being outed by TMM and then having shade thrown at me immediately. Bit of a suss move
- Apostate implied she might have an ability to reveal D2, and hasn't revealed a thing yet
- Noone trusts anyone in a 4 person mason, and has been that way since the outset.

Most scummy
- Apostate
- TMMadman
- Asiina
Least scummy

Still happy with my vote on Thran, especially with that potential scumslip earlier*, but would go to Apostate to apply some pressure to see what bubbles to the surface

*regardless of how it was explained away

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Did he really though
yes I'm counting 4 times and more than that posts bitching about him. He also said "before any game starts i take the list of participating players and select one at random to tunnel. " So. This is at BEST town-unfriendly.

quote:

I don't really like this particular argument. I'm still worried about having a blind spot for Probst and all, but this doesn't look like a good faith argument to make. Like are you honestly concerned he went and performed the significant act of changing his name on the forums... just to try and fool people into forgetting he is the same person who made his earlier D1 posts?

OK I get it but if you're signing up to play a game, your goal (as town) should be to make things as transparent as possible. If I so desperately wanted a namechange I would wait until after the game. Again, town-unfriendly at best.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kay that makes more sense.

I also need to remind myself that others may not be as comfortable as me with name changes, particularly if they've been away for some years.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I don't think asiina is scum so you, apostate or tmmadman is scum.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Kay that makes more sense.

I also need to remind myself that others may not be as comfortable as me with name changes, particularly if they've been away for some years.

I mean if everyone else thinks I'm being overly sensitive about this then fine it just seems obnoxious in a game where I need to heavily rely on the op to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Masonchat
- Didn't like being outed by TMM and then having shade thrown at me immediately. Bit of a suss move
- Apostate implied she might have an ability to reveal D2, and hasn't revealed a thing yet
- Noone trusts anyone in a 4 person mason, and has been that way since the outset.

Most scummy
- Apostate
- TMMadman
- Asiina
Least scummy

Still happy with my vote on Thran, especially with that potential scumslip earlier*, but would go to Apostate to apply some pressure to see what bubbles to the surface

*regardless of how it was explained away

I implied nothing. I responded to Asiina revealing by saying I wasn't going to yet.

• Locked thread