Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm trying in vain to understand the 2$ humble wallet thing. Do I have to get that tier to unlock this feature? Is it just for this bundle? Is it just a one time two bucks. Like, what's even the point of that

It looks to be a discount if you're a monthly subscriber, which is pretty insidious since this month's early unlocks are horrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Quest For Glory II posted:

Is it just a one time two bucks. Like, what's even the point of that

It's this, if you buy top tier, and are already a Humble Monthly subscriber. It's a $2 coupon for later in the store. This is them trying harder to get the word out about that "bank Humblebux on each purchase, use it later" feature that I don't know anyone uses.

It's me, I'm the prick who always gives that 5% to charity rather than my pocket.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

END ME SCOOB posted:

It's me, I'm the prick who always gives that 5% to charity rather than my pocket.

What kind of rear end in a top hat wouldn't do this? Like I don't even get why the other thing is an option now unless Humble Bundle is courting the "nickel-and-diming miserly rear end in a top hat" demographic who gives the absolute bare minimum possible to charity and squirrels away tiny amounts of money to buy themselves luxuries later.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

GrandpaPants posted:

It looks to be a discount if you're a monthly subscriber, which is pretty insidious since this month's early unlocks are horrid.

Yeah that's just trash. The only games I want are in Tier 3, but having that plus a ticket to something I can't use is pretty lovely.

e: This bundle actually runs for 19 days, so you can wait and see if the next monthly interests you if you want Tier 3

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 24, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Wow, Tumbleseed must've crashed and burned. I think it launched this year, hit the market, and fizzled.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

Wow, Tumbleseed must've crashed and burned. I think it launched this year, hit the market, and fizzled.

It got slammed by reviews and streamers as being too hard and that was that.

https://twitter.com/aeiowu/status/915436229197467648

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the heck is tumbleseed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/23/15862106/tumbleseed-difficulty-level-sales

It sounds like it was too hard for people. Which you'd think nerds would eat that poo poo up.

The videos of it just didn't make it look like much of anything. Visually it seemed kind of boring

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/23/15862106/tumbleseed-difficulty-level-sales

It sounds like it was too hard for people. Which you'd think nerds would eat that poo poo up.

The videos of it just didn't make it look like much of anything. Visually it seemed kind of boring

the art style is way too busy and the gameplay reminds me of balancing a tony hawk grind meter which sucks

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cowcaster posted:

the heck is tumbleseed

Agreed. I follow this thread and I check my queue and poo poo for new games and specials on a regular basis, and I've never heard of Tumbleseed. Not my kind of game anyway, but $15 is too high a price for something like this. I paid $17 for Cogmind and that was only because the dev himself articulately explained his position on his website. The art style reminds me of a mobile game, or perhaps Unexplored, though I suspect Patapon is probably the main influence.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Tumbleseed is based on this mechanical arcade cabinet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLGhC_lztA

I've been wanting to try both it and Loot Rascals, so this is a pretty great $1 tier for me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Agreed. I follow this thread and I check my queue and poo poo for new games and specials on a regular basis, and I've never heard of Tumbleseed. Not my kind of game anyway, but $15 is too high a price for something like this. I paid $17 for Cogmind and that was only because the dev himself articulately explained his position on his website. The art style reminds me of a mobile game, or perhaps Unexplored, though I suspect Patapon is probably the main influence.

The only reason I know about Tumbleseed is they advertised it on Nintendo Switch stuff. I actually didn't even know until recently that it was also on Steam, I thought it was a Switch exclusive

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

meh, boring Humble Bundle unless you really like roguelikes and/or don't already own the LucasArts remasters and Abzu

https://www.humblebundle.com/day-of-the-devs-2017

9 bucks for all the current LucasArts remasters? I'm down.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, yeah, but that's Poland. Poland never got past the Dark Ages.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Snuffman posted:

9 bucks for all the current LucasArts remasters? I'm down.

Its just three isnt it? No monkey islands

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Kly posted:

Its just three isnt it? No monkey islands

Oh right, yeah. No Monkey Island(s).

Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 24, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

anilEhilated posted:

Well, yeah, but that's Poland. Poland never got past the Dark Ages.
The game's Polish.

And it's the second Sexmisja game.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ad-2044-seksmisja

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Midweek Madness this week has the whole of Galactic Civilizations 3 for about £20. Funnily enough I'd just reinstalled GalCiv 2 after a long absence, but it hasn't aged very well. Can anyone speak as to the quality of GalCiv 3? The impression I get for its recent Crusade expansion is that it is a big improvement along the lines of Brave New World for Civ 5.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

The game's Polish.

And it's the second Sexmisja game.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ad-2044-seksmisja
Christ. I had no idea. Welp, bring on the witch-burning, I guess.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tumbleseed is actually really good but it's not fun to watch which kills it in our modern game ecosystem where everyone makes purchases based off watching streamers/LPers and then buying what looks fun

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Grim Fandango!

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=kdzUY5GxtGW8s5Ue

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I heard about Tumbleseed because the Brigador devs retweeted its launch tweets, but 15$ was too much so I figured I'd wait for a sale. Instead, welp.

I mean I'm happy to pay 1$ for it, but I feel bad for indie devs. Especially ones that make actual games instead of shovelware.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks a lot, mate! I've been meaning to play that for a while.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i actually like the look of tumbleseed but yeah

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the gameplay reminds me of balancing a tony hawk grind meter which sucks
that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i might get it anyway though because loot rascals looks cute

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Last year Steam did a "Complete your bundle" for Day of the Devs with the same games as the Humble Bundle and it ended up being cheaper

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want to see this movie now

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I just tried an hour of TumbleSeed, I like it! It asks for a very deliberate and careful playing style, but it was a very calming kind of focus. It's very much like a digital take on those wooden tilting marble mazes, or any other physical balance based toys, but with actual goals and incentives to make you want to get good. There's a good risk/hubris mechanic here involving setting your own checkpoints that I like. At the very least, this game is pretty different, I think its a good kind of different. I'm guessing Loot Rascals will be neat too, this is a good $1 tier.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Pretty sure I saw that movie at some point. I think there were boobs, so probably back in my teenage years.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Not sure if this game was discussed in this thread. I looked in games forum and private games server forum and didn't see anything about Empyrion. I bought it and played it with a friend, a bit last night. Since we just jumped in we skipped the tutorial which may have been dumb. Does anyone here play + like this? Has anyone got any pointers, or an article or wiki to link me to?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Grim FandaNgo Remastered: *TAKEN*
Loot RascalS: *TAKEN*

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 25, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Thanks for the Loot Rascals.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Gotta say, with saddlebags and switching that skill that gives you 60 extra carry weigh in and out when needed, inventory limits are not really an issue in Witcher 3. If you reach encumbrance with all that, it's usually a good time to travel to a town and find something else to do anyway.

In that situation I would be thinking "why am I occasionally swapping out this cool skill for this boring weight limit skill" and mod out weight limits entirely

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Our first model was the Griffon pickup truck in 1905, when we founded our company. It is now Feb 1930, 4 months into the great depression and our 4th generation Griffon pickup is the best selling pickup in the United States. We've even pioneered an early 4WD system which has become standard equipment. Because of this it's proven to be very popular for military use and we've secured contracts with various governments across the globe, Sweden being the largest. The van version is contracted to commercial use in Pittsburgh and is a good seller as well.
We even had our first high-powered in-house designed sports car called the Thunder Road. It's powered by a cut-down version of a super-charged V8 that we originally designed for a bomber contract with the US Government (we didn't get that contract) 5 years later we adopted it to take part in the World Grad Prix to help bolster our racing image and drive sales. We adopted the chassis and engine from this sports car to a tourer that we developed at the same time, sales were booming.
Unfortunately the crash has decimated our sales, down by as much as 75% from 1927. Fortunately though our civilian and military contracts will carry our manufacturing capability without laying everyone off. We can easily last until the economy improves, same can't be said about the competition.
Our Beaufort sedan is the standard taxi for New York city, and is also the police cruiser for Los Angeles. It ended up being popular enough with them to drive a consumer version that is now the best-selling sedan in the United States.
We sold off Strongarm Sidney right before the crash. Strongarm Sidney was a tiny British manufacturer we bought for pennies on the dollar due to bankruptcy. We took possession, cut all their current models (God their lineup was a mess!) and sent our engineers to work designing them a sports car with that cut-down V8 I mentioned earlier. We put it into a sports car model they had, updated and modernized it. They ended up winning big in carious European races we entered it in. The model ended up being a huge success for them, so much so that we spun them off into a separate company for the second time in their existence. Lucky that we happen to sell them right before the crash, I have doubts they will survive the Depression.
Currently we have an ill-advised luxury limousine about complete the design phase to be put into production, we're still deciding if it's worth the materials to spin up production with the status of the economy. Rather not have a repeat of our terrible foray into diesel. We ended up having to scrap something like 35 thousand trucks and vans and quickly tool up gasoline versions of them. Diesel might sell in Africa or Europe, but not in the USA.
We're privately owned so stock prices aren't an issue with us, we have a large cash reserve and are ready to buy up the competition as the market decimates their businesses. :getin:

----------
Gear City is a fantastic car manufacturing tycoon game that his me perfectly in my love-this-game zone. It's super spergy, very 'crunchy' and is definitely not for everyone. Pretty ugly too but that doesn't bother me at all. It's very stats, spread sheets and sales figures oriented. It also happens to have a robust stock market simulation tied into it as well. If you are interested in cars, engines, manufacturing and companies it's a very excellent, deep game to sink hours and hours into. I started in New York city in 1905, but you can start anywhere in the world (major cities only) and any time from 1900 to 2030. It runs the gamut from cars, trucks, micro cars, engines, transmissions, trans-axles, drive systems, demands based on sex and income, balancing transport costs and dealership networks. It's loving great.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/285110/GearCity/

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

KakerMix posted:

super spergy

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

KakerMix posted:

Our first model was the Griffon pickup truck in 1905, when we founded our company. It is now Feb 1930, 4 months into the great depression and our 4th generation Griffon pickup is the best selling pickup in the United States. We've even pioneered an early 4WD system which has become standard equipment. Because of this it's proven to be very popular for military use and we've secured contracts with various governments across the globe, Sweden being the largest. The van version is contracted to commercial use in Pittsburgh and is a good seller as well.
We even had our first high-powered in-house designed sports car called the Thunder Road. It's powered by a cut-down version of a super-charged V8 that we originally designed for a bomber contract with the US Government (we didn't get that contract) 5 years later we adopted it to take part in the World Grad Prix to help bolster our racing image and drive sales. We adopted the chassis and engine from this sports car to a tourer that we developed at the same time, sales were booming.
Unfortunately the crash has decimated our sales, down by as much as 75% from 1927. Fortunately though our civilian and military contracts will carry our manufacturing capability without laying everyone off. We can easily last until the economy improves, same can't be said about the competition.
Our Beaufort sedan is the standard taxi for New York city, and is also the police cruiser for Los Angeles. It ended up being popular enough with them to drive a consumer version that is now the best-selling sedan in the United States.
We sold off Strongarm Sidney right before the crash. Strongarm Sidney was a tiny British manufacturer we bought for pennies on the dollar due to bankruptcy. We took possession, cut all their current models (God their lineup was a mess!) and sent our engineers to work designing them a sports car with that cut-down V8 I mentioned earlier. We put it into a sports car model they had, updated and modernized it. They ended up winning big in carious European races we entered it in. The model ended up being a huge success for them, so much so that we spun them off into a separate company for the second time in their existence. Lucky that we happen to sell them right before the crash, I have doubts they will survive the Depression.
Currently we have an ill-advised luxury limousine about complete the design phase to be put into production, we're still deciding if it's worth the materials to spin up production with the status of the economy. Rather not have a repeat of our terrible foray into diesel. We ended up having to scrap something like 35 thousand trucks and vans and quickly tool up gasoline versions of them. Diesel might sell in Africa or Europe, but not in the USA.
We're privately owned so stock prices aren't an issue with us, we have a large cash reserve and are ready to buy up the competition as the market decimates their businesses. :getin:

----------
Gear City is a fantastic car manufacturing tycoon game that his me perfectly in my love-this-game zone. It's super spergy, very 'crunchy' and is definitely not for everyone. Pretty ugly too but that doesn't bother me at all. It's very stats, spread sheets and sales figures oriented. It also happens to have a robust stock market simulation tied into it as well. If you are interested in cars, engines, manufacturing and companies it's a very excellent, deep game to sink hours and hours into. I started in New York city in 1905, but you can start anywhere in the world (major cities only) and any time from 1900 to 2030. It runs the gamut from cars, trucks, micro cars, engines, transmissions, trans-axles, drive systems, demands based on sex and income, balancing transport costs and dealership networks. It's loving great.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/285110/GearCity/

This is the game I want to make, only with IC fabs instead of auto factories

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Rebel Galaxy is $4 for today's deal on chrono.gg. I haven't played it but I've heard enough good things about it that I don't mind paying that for it

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I feel like TumbleSeed fell victim to the common indie pitfall of 'I've been playing my own game for 1000 hours while making it so I've inadvertently lost touch with how hard I'm making it because my expertise feels normal now'

I've been idly interested in giving it a shot anyway because it looks reasonably unique.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I was looking forward to creepy atmosphere-fest Routine, when it seemed to just kind of fall off of the map. I thought maybe they delayed it because of the similarity to SOMA, but apparently it's just due to development hijinx:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Routine/comments/76dxgk/update_from_peter_at_lunar_software/

Although I guess it could still be vaporware. I don't even know if they've released anything else in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Seventh Arrow posted:

I was looking forward to creepy atmosphere-fest Routine, when it seemed to just kind of fall off of the map. I thought maybe they delayed it because of the similarity to SOMA, but apparently it's just due to development hijinx:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Routine/comments/76dxgk/update_from_peter_at_lunar_software/

Although I guess it could still be vaporware. I don't even know if they've released anything else in the past.

I was pumped for this game something fierce but it's been too long and now it might as well be vaporware.