Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

God drat it. I'm probably going to end up getting Lost Sphear, like a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

Mario Odyssey is on the eshop

Ban this sick filth

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

KingSlime posted:

For being a relatively skeptic friendly forum you guys sure are quick to trust random tweets these days. Is the bar for rumors really that low?

Unless that specific poster has verified connections or has previously been right on things and even then it could just be noise and nothing more.

Some of those things do sound plausible, almost predicable one might say

I think it's more that it's fun to talk about. I'm sure everybody here is aware it's almost certainly bullshit, but in the meantime it's fun to dream and speculate

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't played a main line Mario game (i.e. not Kart) for more than a few minutes since the SNES days. Should I think about Odyssey or just keep playing Splatoon and stuff?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

Ban this sick filth

He's telling the truth, restart Steam.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't played a main line Mario game (i.e. not Kart) for more than a few minutes since the SNES days. Should I think about Odyssey or just keep playing Splatoon and stuff?

All mainline Mario games are good. So yes.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you want to play a new game? Or are you still happy to play splatoon for now and don't want to drop sixty bucks come Friday?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

Do you want to play a new game? Or are you still happy to play splatoon for now and don't want to drop sixty bucks come Friday?
Deep Strange Journey on the 3DS and Taiko Master on the PS4 also come out then and I know I want those.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hmmm if you can survive the hype machine it sounds like you could wait a bit

Me, I'm weak. I'm working through five other games and will probably still get it on launch

Also poo poo I didn't realize deep strange journey was basically here

Fuuuuck

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Ban this sick filth

Skyrim and Xenoblade are on the eshop too. Why do you hate the truth?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m working through a few games now but I always put games like Mario and Zelda to the top of the queue when they come out.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

KingSlime posted:

Hmmm if you can survive the hype machine it sounds like you could wait a bit

Me, I'm weak. I'm working through five other games and will probably still get it on launch

Also poo poo I didn't realize deep strange journey was basically here

Fuuuuck

If you wait, the only thing is you will have a longer period in your life without Odyssey. Don't worry about a price drop, it will not happen for another 5+ years.

Nov 24, 2014

Policenaut posted:

I never miss the chance to post this.

Mercury Steam: "We're not working on a Metroid for 3DS and Wii U".

:mmmhmm:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I knew "free" themes was too good to be true.

Actually the key world would be "Had" as apparently someone at E3 when talking about their Rabbids impressions had heard Ubisoft had isolated and punished her sources in the company, of which there were at least two.

Yeah media sites usually never tell us about the aftermath of what happens to the actual leak sources.

Huh. Well here's my dumb take. Leakers deserve what they get unless they are leaking wrongdoing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Less than 36 hours until Odyssey :woop:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Morby posted:

Hype for Mario Odyssey. Would really love some standalone pink and green joycons without the Splatoon bundle, though.

Crazy expensive to import now. I see so many neon yellows just taking up retail space when the splatoon ones should have been the superior choice.

Nintendo picked the wrong arms-horse on that one.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Diabetic posted:

If you wait, the only thing is you will have a longer period in your life without Odyssey. Don't worry about a price drop, it will not happen for another 5+ years.

This was almost the difference between me buying Odyssey and Shadow of War.
But ultimately Orc Pokemon is way more up my alley than platformers.
Maybe after Christmas.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

this period immediately before Super Mario Odyssey can be called Super Mario Iliad, I believe

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I just wish Wolfenstein 2 came out today instead of Friday along with SMO. It probably would have been the perfect length to keep me occupied until Odyssey :smith:

I put about 3-4 hours into Elliot Quest, I appreciate when these indies come out with a $9.99 price tag. Even though you play as a ranged character it's trying really hard to be like Zelda 2. The flow of the game is a little off for me, it's definitely not linear but also not open world. Lots of Metroid like backtracking required. Aside from that it's a pretty solid game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ohhhhhhhhhhh poo poo
I have a surprise three day weekend.

Suck it, nerds.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

katkillad2 posted:

I just wish Wolfenstein 2 came out today instead of Friday along with SMO. It probably would have been the perfect length to keep me occupied until Odyssey :smith:

I put about 3-4 hours into Elliot Quest, I appreciate when these indies come out with a $9.99 price tag. Even though you play as a ranged character it's trying really hard to be like Zelda 2. The flow of the game is a little off for me, it's definitely not linear but also not open world. Lots of Metroid like backtracking required. Aside from that it's a pretty solid game.

I wish Wolfenstein 2 wasn't coming out Friday at all so there'd be less people at the midnight release and I can get home sooner to throw a hat at poo poo

Animal Crossing mobile direct in 10 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowLE5PHLw0

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

incoherent posted:

Crazy expensive to import now. I see so many neon yellows just taking up retail space when the splatoon ones should have been the superior choice.

Nintendo picked the wrong arms-horse on that one.

The Splatoon Joycons (and the Mario red ones) were going for less than US retail on Play-Asia a couple of weeks ago, I’ve got a set on the way. Might be worth checking there.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
yo wait Wolfenstein comes out for switch on Friday?

also, I've never played a Mario game but I'm gonna get odyssey too. dumb question but is it going to be a platformer?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Improbable Lobster posted:

-New Metroid will have a subtitle "that people know"

"Metroid Prime 4: Save Or Kill The Animals" doesn't really roll off the tongue though.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Laura Kate Dale got mario xcom right way back when.

all nintendo leaks are real. let me tell you about battle of olympus 2: odin wars coming to the switch next week

Don't toy with my emotions like this you goddamn monster. :cry:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Come back in two hours to pick more apples :v:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Stay away from me with your fun bucks Nook you criminal

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

yo wait Wolfenstein comes out for switch on Friday?

No. 2018.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Mario is preloadable on the Japanese eShop.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't like to play mobile games since they have such a long tutorial to teach you how to do microtransactions, which is ironic since they're supposed to be something quick to play here and there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
can't believe after all these years I'm gonna get in rl debt to Tom Nook

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd rather just have AC on the switch without mobile microtransactions in it and stuff. But I am also totally all about decorating my camper

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/923022688595140616

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Macaluso posted:

I'd rather just have AC on the switch without mobile microtransactions in it and stuff. But I am also totally all about decorating my camper

There will definitely be a switch AC eventually

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Macaluso posted:

Yea I still THIRST for a proper Switch AC but...this I can get into...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

does anyone want to buy me a pool thanks

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

How bad can he really be?

He's just doing what comes naturally.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'll kick about in Animal Crossing mobile game but last rumors we had it would tie into a future AC game so having the mobile game just means I'm one step closer to being found dead from starvation in my room with a controller clutched in my gnarled, rotten hands all the while a villager is asking me to deliver a shirt to a friend

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gently caress you jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Other than the camp site focus, it looks exactly how I pictured it in my head.

• Locked thread