Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

carry on then posted:

do you mean when they are all fullscreen spaces? turn off "automatically arrange spaces based on most recent use" in sysprefs

its so stupid that it defaults to that. why have things arranged spatially if their locations are inconsistent?

...the ios app switcher works that way. i bet they're thinking of merging them in a future convergence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

carry on then posted:

do you mean when they are all fullscreen spaces? turn off "automatically arrange spaces based on most recent use" in sysprefs

that was it, thank you

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

its so stupid that it defaults to that. why have things arranged spatially if their locations are inconsistent?

...the ios app switcher works that way. i bet they're thinking of merging them in a future convergence

for me it makes sense in iOS but not on a laptop and I can't explain why

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

because we naturally think of our workspace spatially and when something isn't where we left it it's disconcerting - more specifically most stuff in OSX works this way so anything that doesn't sticks out like a sore thumb

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

agreed. i think it's bc in ios the app switcher is really more like a big pile of everything you've ever opened, and usually you reopen an app by tapping the icon, not finding it in the app switcher. and when you tap it the app opens out of the icon, not by sliding through the app switcher screens.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

carry on then posted:

holy gently caress I thought this was a bug

turns out it was loving intentional

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i just remembered that Apple MacintoshBook is passively cooled. can anyone c/d that it throttles cpu speed like crazy?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I miss my passively cooled ibook g3

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i just remembered that Apple MacintoshBook is passively cooled. can anyone c/d that it throttles cpu speed like crazy?

confirmed, every fanless does this when doing anything up to and including installing programs

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I can’t bring up the app bar thing when using my BigPad in portrait mode since the latest update. Which is how I use this thing most of the time. When taking notes. :thumbsup:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

well,

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
iPad Pro*

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I can’t bring up the app bar thing when using my BigPad in portrait mode since the latest update. Which is how I use this thing most of the time. When taking notes. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're using it wrong

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

it suits my needs just fine op. maybe you’re using it wrong

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/24/ios-11-calculator-animation-bug/

:downs:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

lol, just duplicated this on my iPhone

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

aw that was more disappointing than i was expecting. it just locks the buttons until they cool down so you type in 23 instead of 2+3

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

file a “radar”

it’s not called a filing a bug like everywhere else because Apple is perfect and they are all usability issues

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Pretty embarrassing bug. Steve would have had the guy responsible shot already

coke
Jul 12, 2009
is it just me or does the current thread title seems kinda rapey and/or making fun of someone being raped?

also one of the previous title was a bit homophobic too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

coke posted:

is it just me or does the current thread title seems kinda rapey and/or making fun of someone being raped?

log off

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

coke posted:

you are dumb.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

file a “radar”

it’s not called a filing a bug like everywhere else because Apple is perfect and they are all usability issues

I miss radar. I never thought I’d say that. for all its flaws the core service it provides is actually good. new job has several garbage-tier apps that loosely tie together to do the same job and it’s awful.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

how do you break a calculator

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Millstone posted:

Pretty embarrassing bug. Steve would have had the guy responsible shot already

counterpoint: stebe never had the iTunes team shot

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

I miss radar. I never thought I’d say that. for all its flaws the core service it provides is actually good. new job has several garbage-tier apps that loosely tie together to do the same job and it’s awful.

what does it do? is it like bugzilla?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boiled Water posted:

counterpoint: stebe never had the iTunes team shot

imagine the dirt they had on him to survive this long

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i actually think the thread title would be better if the second part was in present tense or the first part was appledinsider

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

what does it do? is it like bugzilla?

bugzilla is garbage.

radar is the core of how things get done at Apple. it’s a bug tracking system combined with project management tool with some integration for change tracking and code review. the tool itself is kind of arcane but the workflow overall works pretty well.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

how do you break a calculator

you lag inputs with your flashy animations. thanks design people!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

akadajet posted:

you lag inputs with your flashy animations. thanks design people!

actually slick animations improve responsiveness

signed, a giant moron

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
woman visits her dad at apple, sees his iphone x prototype, makes (with his permission) a little video of her using it, and posts it on youtube

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/24/iphone-x-closeup-hands-on/

yosposters living in or near cupertino may have been awakened this morning by the sonic boom of apple moving to disable dads account access and security badge

FMguru fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 25, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

woman visits her dad at apple, sees his iphone x prototype, makes (with her permission) a little video of her using it, and posts it on youtube

yosposters living in or near cupertino may have been awakened this morning by the sonic boom of apple moving to disable dads account access and security badge
youtubers were a mistake

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah i'm sure tims real pissed about the promotion of iphone x, preorder on friday!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Last Chance posted:

yeah i'm sure tims real pissed about the promotion of iphone x, preorder on friday!

they’re pretty anal about marketing their doodads so yes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they’re pretty anal marketing: yes!

iphone * confirmed

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

they’re pretty anal about marketing their doodads so yes

lol no

tim doesn't care about security, he probably just sighed and shrugged his shoulders

steve would have personally frogwalked the dumbass engineer out of the building and arranged for the daughter to be kicked out of school

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

woman visits her dad at apple, sees his iphone x prototype, makes (with his permission) a little video of her using it, and posts it on youtube

nah, he’s not fired. the guy’s manager will get an email that’s been forwarded down through every person up his command chain starting from the SVP with the subject “take care of this” and a link to that article. first thing this morning he’s going to have a meeting with his manager and director. they’re going to tell him that he’s a dumbass and he’s making everyone on that email list look bad. he will then get an interview with product security who will try to find out if he’s ever done anything else like this. and then at his next review his bonus will be zero. so this video probably cost him a lot of money.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wow, apple sounds really lovely to work for.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the engineer will likely get an extra bonus for his innovative methods of spreading mindshare about the iphone x

steve understood that engineers/computer touchers don't deserve any dignity or reward for their efforts and treated them accordingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

lol no

tim doesn't care about security, he probably just sighed and shrugged his shoulders

steve would have personally frogwalked the dumbass engineer out of the building and arranged for the daughter to be kicked out of school

but... Tim said he was going to double down on security