Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
You must never use this power for evil boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Podima posted:

Also, I want to talk about this. I had a few some enough beers and was fired up about the vote being 4-2 against my preferred side at the time, so I decided to just start PMing random people on Discord with "please pm peramene 'I vote for L' thank you". This was the result... not that it ended up mattering!

I will talk about it too taht tally is BLULLSHIT I cleaRly PMd Pera about this votr

quote:

SLASHER HAWKE wrote on Oct 19, 2017 20:31:
##vote L

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I will talk about it too taht tally is BLULLSHIT I cleaRly PMd Pera about this votr

I will call in the AFP

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

pera posted:

i am DYING for chaoslord to get it and surprise everyone with a last second scum victory

I did it for you pera!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh lol I forgot I still had this ghostpost still loaded up on my phone in Awful app

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The core logic Quid and I suggest is the same.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh my god, I'm all for shitposting but as town we're hamstringing ourselves completely if we don't at least try to compare results or talk about anything.

:ghost: Life comes at you fast :ghost:

As a spectator it was a bit frustrating having everything in the thread be so quiet with no drat clue what was going on until later, but the events did unfold pretty dramatically in the end. Very cool setup, pera!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol if you didn't pick scumlord

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Everything I did was a horrible failure :negative:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
this game featured my first honest-to-goodness modkills; my first flatout ghosting; my first more-than-an-hour heated discussion about how my games don't match up with a particular playstyle (and as much as I'd like to grumpily insist it doesn't matter and/or that I literally said so in the OP, just look at all those modkills. Modkills as far as the eye can see.)

I'm in like day four of a downturn so Totally Not In The Best Place to properly evaluate but at the moment I'm feeling pretty demoralized :/

wrt post-game docs: please enjoy the hidden plot twist that went undiscovered if you're clever enough to figure it out, and my rewrite of the death note rules which I mean I thought they were funny

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

Everything I do is a horrible failure :negative:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Not only was I the (apparent) dad of the family, I was actually Light's dad

This game was great

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think this was fun?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i have no idea what was happening but i had fun

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I enjoyed it, outside of aforementioned horrible failure (I am so sorry, LAPD. I wish one of you had survived instead of me).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry I was such a lovely Kira. I had some good ideas, but I was really lost most of the time so I couldn't really implement anything and then then next thing I knew I was loving dead.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I think this was fun?

well I'm really relieved you were scum-ish at least. I was gonna be really super cranky with you if you'd genuinely had that much of a problem with me trying to engage with the thread like that at all in any way. I am a little touchy right now that you basically called me a bully for making an effortpost, though. And still cranky I let myself get talked down from shooting you cause it was allegedly so mean and evil and making the game unfun to dare take such unilateral action as trying to vig someone in a mafialike :argh:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I was such a lovely Kira. I had some good ideas, but I was really lost most of the time so I couldn't really implement anything and then then next thing I knew I was loving dead.

Y ME GOD

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I genuinely thought you were faking being confused as a tactic to throw everyone off your trail :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max's show was amazing though

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also the reveal that the spectators were actually Shinigami was :krad:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Xad posted:

I genuinely thought you were faking being confused as a tactic to throw everyone off your trail :v:

It was both? The whole mall / library thing was really confusing. What had happened that night was I went to the mall to get the death note AND I investigated someone. What I didn't realize was that I went to the library and not the mall. I was loving pissed because that was one huge mistake that sunk me. So what I said (I was at the mall) was factually true because I DID go there, but to you all I spent all night at the library so I was ya.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

um....what death note were you trying to get

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Xad posted:

Also the reveal that the spectators were actually Shinigami was :krad:

Yeah completely neutered shinigami who didn't have any actual power or things that we could do.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah completely neutered shinigami who didn't have any actual power or things that we could do.

or know what the fkcu a shingamo was

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

we told you, they're pokemon

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

peramene posted:

we told you, they're pokemon

YOU'RE A POKEMOK

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

um....what death note were you trying to get

The one you left wrapped in plastic in the upper tank of a toilet :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I know what a shinigami is and some of them are even interesting. I wanted to be one of those ones. I mean you could have just called civilians spectators if thats what you wanted them to be.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

I know what a shinigami is and some of them are even interesting. I wanted to be one of those ones. I mean you could have just called civilians spectators if thats what you wanted them to be.

uninteresting is like the perfect role for you thouhg

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Everything I did was a horrible failure :negative:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh lol I forgot I still had this ghostpost still loaded up on my phone in Awful app

:ghost: Life comes at you fast :ghost:

As a spectator it was a bit frustrating having everything in the thread be so quiet with no drat clue what was going on until later, but the events did unfold pretty dramatically in the end. Very cool setup, pera!

I cannot believe we got into a massive slapfight d1 as the only two people who could actually confirm each other.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

You got everything you deserved :colbert:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

yeah i have no idea what was happening but i had fun

this. i also liked the part where everyone died on n3

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I just wanted to not die.

At least I still have a death note, L would make an excellent villain.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:same:

When pera told me I could burn the note and end the game I heavily considered it. I was mulling writing myself a presidential pardon first to make sure I didn't get arrested for anything. But, well, Pod is a good talker.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

At least I still have a death note, L would make an excellent villain.

please compare the two documents

you have a book penned by gulagdolls

CL has the death note

#fakeimmunityidol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Also, civilians... well, pointless to go on and on about it. No different from vanilla townies. It's in the OP

• Locked thread