Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

SKINer posted:

@Everyone

So a giant plant lady? What was her plan, exactly? How did you all stop her?

Honestly, her plan probably read something like:

Cause Chaos
????
Profit

That's the only explanation I can think of for her erratic actions. Taking over a cargo ship, invading an airport and the couple of other things she tried don't really coincide with some kind of master plan. Unless it was such a brilliant plan no one could see through it... probably not though. Ultimately, after Queen Electro-Plantessa did the thing she wanted to do that day, it was only a matter of time of waiting until she got so distracted by "the burdens of leadership" as she used to put it, that a quick surprise attack would easily be enough to take her out. Think Selene kneeling behind her and Miracle Girl pushing her over, easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
"I'm pretty sure she was trying to create some kind of formula, maybe something to mega-grow a bunch of her 'saplings' to overrun the city? She sure did cause a mess, though, probably just to distract us from that. Still, it's hard for her to make her plan if we punch her a lot. I know it isn't very nice, but she just wouldn't listen to reason! I mean, there was kind of a problem where she kind of has a reach advantage on me, and can just regrow herself if you don't hit her right in the blossom. Thankfully, Selene was able to knock her off balance with that big... pick... of hers? After that, it was just a matter of putting Miracle Strength to use!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Simply put, we didn't trust each other because we didn't really know the others' capabilities. When you throw many unusual individuals together at once... well, how could we plan? How could we even predict what the others would do? It changed once we realized just how well we had the capacity to work together -- the Yue sisters led the way, of course, as they are experienced combatants and experienced in cooperation. It was... quite a show.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Yeah, the plant lady totally had a plan! It was.... umm.... Well honestly I wasn't paying attention at that point. There was some kinda pheromone or pollen in the air! It was making it really hard to hear Selene! I mean, that was totally weird and I didn't like it. So we had to beat the stuffing out of her! Right after her lights went out, I could hear her again! You have no idea how much better that felt!

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
@everyone

So she developed a serum designed to grow saplings that spread pollen around the city? How was this pollen countered? Halcyon is a huge city, afterall!

@Captain Dinosaur Charger

So you all saved a very special life. Who was it? How was s/he saved exactly?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

SKINer posted:

@everyone

So she developed a serum designed to grow saplings that spread pollen around the city? How was this pollen countered? Halcyon is a huge city, afterall!

Well, as the man at the utility plant told me, this sort of thing has happened before! Many villains will try to harm Halcyon by distributing chemical and other aerosol agents, so the city has built emergency air filtration/recirculation stations in various public places, disguised as pieces of abstract "modern" art and as statues of former heroes. (Why do they call it "modern?" On Ovansha, abstract art is very old, and statues of welded metal like so many of these... well, that's another story.) When I was told of the recirculators and rushed to the nearest utility center, I had to help the employees hot-swap the air filters to accommodate the pollen particulate... it was complicated, and I fear it was somewhat expensive for the city, but it had to be done!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
It IS a huge city! That was the problem. Both for her and for us. See Pollen needs the winds to move it around. And that day was airless. She couldn't have picked a worse day to try and spread something airborne! While that was great for the city, it sucked for us! Because it all concentrated around where we were fighting! Sure that gave us time to get rid of it. But ewwwwww! It was so gross! It got in my hair! under my clothes! Do you have any idea how hard it is to wash your hair to reduce frizzyness from frying off lighting bolts? Huh? I have to spend, like, six hours doing it! Daily!

Well... okay, not like, actual six hours, more like, metaphorical six ho- IT TAKES A REALLY LONG TIME OKAY?! So the only thing I could think to do was to create a localised tornado to suck all the pollen up! You know, forcing hot air up, and cold air down or however it works. I might have passed out in the middle of it.... But at least when I woke up Sis was there holding me! <3

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

SKINer posted:

@everyone

We had to pluck it out root and stem, literally. See, I don't mean any offense when I say this, but, uh... I don't think Queen Electro-Plantessa is very smart? Yes, it's a big city, huge in fact. So, you kind of need to be strategic with how you place your pollen spouting plants? Not group them all up in one place? Maybe if she had had a bit more time, it could have become a bigger problem but clumping all of her plants together instead of being smart and spreading them out, meant it was pretty easy to take a whole bunch out at once. And because it took her so long to sprout new ones, once you had one group dealt with the rest went easily enough. Plus, since Halcyon is a huge city, only a couple of places were affected. Those that were affected WERE affected, but in the end it was more like an in depth cleaning detail.

SKINer posted:

@Captain Dinosaur Charger
So you all saved a very special life. Who was it? How was s/he saved exactly?

Some, young, irresponsible and impressionable idiot got the idea that, just because he had fire powers, he was somehow qualified to deal with a plant based menace. Those powers didn't help him from nearly burning himself alive. Luckily, pretty much everyone on the team either has some experience with rescuing people, or powers that made it not to much of a problem. Still, all that burning pollen and immolated plant matter made things a bit more tougher then they had to be. Havn't seen the wannabe hero since then of course. Maybe he gave it up; he did seem pretty embarrassed about having to be rescued from his own petard.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
@Miracle Girl (and Hound)

Heard you all impressed a hero outside of Strikeforce, Who was it?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Oh! You mean the Dreamstress?"

"A lot of heroes don't really understand the 'Warden of the Weird' because she deals with a lot of strange things leaking out of the... Jungian... unconscious... thing. They think she's making things up all the time, but I've been to the Afterlands, so... it's not that weird. Well. It's really weird. But not weirder that seeing Gilgamesh and Hanzo Hattori shouting at each other. Anyway, we had to stop an evil pop song that was eating people's brains. I mean. She did most of the stopping. I just kept the pop zombies from interrupting her. Don't worry! They're okay now. Something about her using 'anti-music'. I guess that doesn't sound like it makes much sense, but... you know. I guess we need somebody like her paying attention to all the things everybody else misses, and she seemed impressed with how I didn't freak out or get infected. I guess pop music isn't really my thing."

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
@Rosie Yue

I heard the connection between you and Selene was threatened by the crisis. How? By what?

@Everyone

That being the last question, time to think on relationships and influence.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Who would be the biggest superhero groupie on the team, who would then be most likely to have actually heard about Captain Dinosaur? I can see Charger refusing to say anything about his secret identity to them in case they managed to figure it out.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

SKINer posted:

@Rosie Yue

I heard the connection between you and Selene was threatened by the crisis. How? By what?

"Oh my god! It was the worst thing ever! There was the pollen thing! Which was terrible. But then there was something worse! We...! We-! WE HAD AN ARGUMENT!" Rosie sniffled. "She got really mad that I over used my powers to the point of passing out. She yelled at me, and I was so upset that I yelled back! She stormed off and I cried so much! It was awful! We didn't speak for three hours! Can you imagine how hellish that was?! But when she came back he just hugged and cried it out! It was the pollen you see, it was messing with us both so bad!" She shook her head, glancing up, and trying to read the interviewer's expression, evidently finding herself under judgement.

"Don't look at me like that! It's was a crisis! Of apocalyptic proportions! I hope we never argue again... I'd rather be kidnapped by the aliens again..."

quote:

@Everyone

That being the last question, time to think on relationships and influence.

My Relationships are-

quote:

When you have problems with your other half, you talk to _________________.

Up for sale. Not got anyone in mind for it yet.

quote:

You are jealous of the relationship between your other half and _________________, and you keep trying to interject yourself.

Thinking Miracle Girl (and Hound) for this one. Given that I'm pretty sure Tricky's picking them as their 'love' for Bull's Heart. Meaning that Miracle girl is going to my love as well.

OscarDiggs posted:

Who would be the biggest superhero groupie on the team, who would then be most likely to have actually heard about Captain Dinosaur? I can see Charger refusing to say anything about his secret identity to them in case they managed to figure it out.

While I've tried to make Rosie seem like a dork whenever I can, I'm not sure if her background would allow her to be dorky enough to have looked into old superheroes. Up to you if you wanna take it, Someone else might be a better fit.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Relationships:

quote:

Miracle Girl is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

quote:

Charger is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

I'll get some fluff up later, but these two seemed like the most natural fit. Miracle Girl (and Miracle Hound) seems like a great sounding board for things like 'I have all this power and I really don't know what to do with it' and 'I have a lot of survivor's guilt'. Likewise, Charger is clearly 1000% the guy who is trying to get Selene and Rosie to not be human wrecking balls all the time.

Influence:

quote:

You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

So, in the end, Miracle Girl and Charger are the lucky Influence havers. Rosie also gets Influence thanks to being her Joined.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Influence

This is the easy part!

You’re a part of this team, for better or worse, and you care what they think. Give Influence to all of your teammates.

Relationships

You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with ______________.

I'm thinking her and Selene and / or Rosie were involved in knocking a building over in a relatively vindictive fashion, like knocking over a business belonging to a law-abiding villain a la Luthor, or just taking down the local fascist clubhouse, or whatever. They may have been provoked in some fashion, but legally that's irrelevant, and definitely the kind of thing that would be controversial if they're caught.

You trust _____________ and told them an important secret of your legacy.

I'm thinking of this for Jade Jewel, letting her know how grim Apollyon's future makes things look for her an attempt at empathy with shared dooms. (Mind, Apollyon's future is in theory not nearly as immediate - millennia at the least - but it's certainly a tragedy on a cosmic scale if it comes to pass.)

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Thinking Miracle Girl (and Hound) for this one. Given that I'm pretty sure Tricky's picking them as their 'love' for Bull's Heart. Meaning that Miracle girl is going to my love as well.

Yeah, this is fine.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You trust _____________ and told them an important secret of your legacy.

I'm thinking of this for Jade Jewel, letting her know how grim Apollyon's future makes things look for her an attempt at empathy with shared dooms. (Mind, Apollyon's future is in theory not nearly as immediate - millennia at the least - but it's certainly a tragedy on a cosmic scale if it comes to pass.)

This sounds good to me!

I have the following relationships up for grabs:

You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

I'm pondering Charger for the crush, with Jade having literally no idea he has other identities -- maybe that he has a human one, sure, but don't all humans have those? She certainly wouldn't have connected him with Captain Dinosaur, though (she probably doesn't even know Captain Dinosaur was a thing) and sees him now as being alluringly cool.

The other option that strikes me as interesting/funny is having one of the Yue sisters be the person she's learning about Earth from, and the other be her crush, but that's kind of open-ended right now. Thoughts?

Influence is pretty easy:

If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.
Flip-flopping between self-absorbedly grim and overly suggestible and glad just to be here? How... teenage of you, kiddo.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

quote:

________ knew you from you civilian life first.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with Miracle Girl for this one, since both her and Charger seem like they're a little more active then the others so it makes sense for them to have met in passing. Passing as in "Why hello there civilian who appears as soon as Charger disappears. It's good to see you again for the third time today." Miracle Hound probably knows because of sense of smell or something, but didn't say anything because 'Isn't it really, really obvious?'

quote:

You refused to tell ________ your secret identity when they asked.

Still up for whoever. Might have to get out some dice and roll if there are no takers.

quote:

You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them Influence over you

I'm thinking Miracle Girl gets one. Not quite decided on the other just yet.

Antivehicular posted:

I'm pondering Charger for the crush, with Jade having literally no idea he has other identities -- maybe that he has a human one, sure, but don't all humans have those? She certainly wouldn't have connected him with Captain Dinosaur, though (she probably doesn't even know Captain Dinosaur was a thing) and sees him now as being alluringly cool.

I'm fine with this unless either of the Yue sisters want it especially.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Up for sale. Not got anyone in mind for it yet.

Unless it would be weird for Rosie to talk to her sisters Rival when she has problems with said sister, I'll happily take this one.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Final thoughts.

Jade Jewel get's the last influence point, again for being on the slightly more heroic scale. And unless there's a problem with it, or someone had earmarked it,

quote:

You refused to tell ________ your secret identity when they asked.

can go to Selene Yue to really amp up that team dynamic.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
I think it's Rosie's first Relationship question that we're waiting on? Everyone else's relationships and influences solid?

I'm working on the opening scenario (nothing too tight as I want to keep this as loose as possible), so once we nail this down, I can start within a day or two.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm pretty much good -- need someone to show me how things work. I'm thinking one of the Yues, probably Rosie, but people should feel free to speak up if they want it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

My first question - "You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with ______________." is still open, in theory. I suggested a thing but I don't think Selene or Rosie gave anything definitive on it.

Other than that, I think MG's set.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Antivehicular posted:

I'm pretty much good -- need someone to show me how things work. I'm thinking one of the Yues, probably Rosie, but people should feel free to speak up if they want it.

I'd be down for this one, if you don't mind AV.

OscarDiggs posted:

Unless it would be weird for Rosie to talk to her sisters Rival when she has problems with said sister, I'll happily take this one.

Given that you'll be my rival as well, it probably would be a little weird. (such is the cost of the Joined. You love/hate the same people as the bull you're linked to). On the other hand you might be doing it in your Civilian guise. Which Rosie might not even consider as a thing. And could lead to some pretty good dirt further on down the line.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Certainly happy to take that Charger background, Oscar!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

My first question - "You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with ______________." is still open, in theory. I suggested a thing but I don't think Selene or Rosie gave anything definitive on it.

Other than that, I think MG's set.

I'd be down with that. I think Selene is pretty easy to rile up, especially if it looks like the villain is getting away with things that are blatantly evil (eg Lex Luthor) by abusing legal loopholes.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Given that you'll be my rival as well, it probably would be a little weird. (such is the cost of the Joined. You love/hate the same people as the bull you're linked to). On the other hand you might be doing it in your Civilian guise. Which Rosie might not even consider as a thing. And could lead to some pretty good dirt further on down the line.

On the one hand, I've got no real problem with that. On the other, that's already a thing with Miracle Girl and I could see it getting a bit boring to pull the same shtick again and again. I guess it depends on if anyone else wants it?

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017

OscarDiggs posted:

On the one hand, I've got no real problem with that. On the other, that's already a thing with Miracle Girl and I could see it getting a bit boring to pull the same shtick again and again. I guess it depends on if anyone else wants it?

Another option that I've seen done in other masks games (and in pbta in general ), is the usage of npcs in relationships. We could also level them blank for now.

I mention this cause it is not too good an idea to keep things stalled like this.

After work I will finish out the opening scenario for posting tonight or tomorrow. Don't feel rushed as we'll just fill things out as we go. :)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

SKINer posted:

Another option that I've seen done in other masks games (and in pbta in general ), is the usage of npcs in relationships. We could also level them blank for now.

I mention this cause it is not too good an idea to keep things stalled like this.

After work I will finish out the opening scenario for posting tonight or tomorrow. Don't feel rushed as we'll just fill things out as we go. :)

If it's okay with you, I'll leave it blank for the moment. I don't like holding this up any more then you do. Better can we get things moving and actually get into the game.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Tricky posted:

I'd be down with that. I think Selene is pretty easy to rile up, especially if it looks like the villain is getting away with things that are blatantly evil (eg Lex Luthor) by abusing legal loopholes.

Cool!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Arashiofordo3 posted:

I'd be down for this one, if you don't mind AV.

Sure, that sounds good! I feel like Jade's going to be closer to Rosie than to Selene, which could be interesting with the Joined dynamic.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
IC is up!

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
After a quick IRC chat, Charger, edit an unleash roll in your latest post. You don't have to edit the post narrative. If you roll a roll below 10, I'll take over from there. I have an idea.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
Just checking in. Everything cool for everyone?

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
@Miracle Girl

Considering that Take a powerful blow seems to be flipped (High Roll bad, low roll good), feel free to take potential.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, that's deliberate for... whatever reason. Maybe to balance the added potential gain of conditions? Not sure.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
It's currently 12:05 est for me. I'm off work at 11:00. After work, I will work on an update and hopefully have it up by tomorrow.

Any questions or anything needing clarification?

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

As an aside, where did everyone get their fancy nameplates from?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

http://cooltext.com is what I used for mine. Pretty easy to generate nameplates there, and there are a ton of color/font/gradient/etc. options if you want to get fancy.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yep, cooltext or flamingtext are both pretty easy options.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, I think mine was flamingtext.com, but I did some touchup in gimp to make the border.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Both work pretty much exactly as advertised. I'll have a play around with each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

I may be out of contact for a few days while I wait for a new router. I probably won't be cut off completely but posting will be a bit difficult until next weekish.

• Locked thread