Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
No, no, that's making it worse, it's turning everything into white noise

Look:

Try moving Derek to the east

Tane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
It's only Tuesday, buddy, pace yourself

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Moma at least has the guts to post, unlike the r/ds idiots that read this thread with sa accounts and yet are too scared to say anything.

:smuggo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Arms_Akimbo posted:

You're preaching to the choir, tophat

Ok!!!

From the top, psalm 42

JOY TO THE VERSE
COMMANDOS PLEDGE
TO VISION, THE DREAM, THE SCAM!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is this what meltdowns in this thread look like?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
star citizen turned me trisexual

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Arms_Akimbo posted:

It's only Tuesday, buddy, pace yourself

jpeg in your mind, a pacemaker within my chest, and that pacemaker has your face

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

It turned moma bread sexual

Actually necrophilia bread sexual judging by that avatar

I like the new AV actually the old one I never got the joke from.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

star citizen turned me into sharp tooth

wait no, I'm that leaf or something

or maybe the terrible sequels?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Theory posted:

the old one I never got the joke from.

:catstare:

MODS!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Mr.Tophat posted:

and now im young again

thanks tophat!!!!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mr.Tophat posted:

which one, aren't there like 19 or something

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/922922985614319616
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/922924803681525761

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I can agree with him that Battlecruiser 3000 is garbage, but so is Wing Commander

I don't understand why so many of the Roberts Church of Nerds place Wing Commander up on this golden pedestal of gaming

Everything from that era should be viewed with rose colored glasses, mostly because games were total poo poo but that's what everyone expected at the time.

I think back to my fondest gaming memories and realize they were fun at the time, but are not even worthy of an indie title these days no matter how much I squeeze that nostalgia and hope a gem pops out

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blue On Blue posted:

I can agree with him that Battlecruiser 3000 is garbage, but so is Wing Commander

I don't understand why so many of the Roberts Church of Nerds place Wing Commander up on this golden pedestal of gaming

Everything from that era should be viewed with rose colored glasses, mostly because games were total poo poo but that's what everyone expected at the time.

I think back to my fondest gaming memories and realize they were fun at the time, but are not even worthy of an indie title these days no matter how much I squeeze that nostalgia and hope a gem pops out

Im sorry that your taste in games is dead, that your ignorance is dead, and your childlike sense of wonderment is dead.

I will play RAMPART any day of the week because that game was the loving bomb and its a god drat shame nobody has picked it up and done a proper remake or port. If I recall correctly the ps3 version was poo poo.

And dont even get me started on the Command and Conquer series (post C&C original) and pre whatever the gently caress the ones after red alert 3

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

BeigeJacket posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325785661/vortx-4d-environmental-simulator

hahaha look at this terrible waste of money. It's been a while since ive seen a KS that literally made me lol.

Makes you wonder what kind of wasteful moneybags thinks this would be a good.....

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/920787299042021382

Oh.

i'd be willing to sit behind him while he plays video games and set him on fire whenever it happened ingame for the cost of a completionist package

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Im sorry that your taste in games is dead, that your ignorance is dead, and your childlike sense of wonderment is dead.

I will play RAMPART any day of the week because that game was the loving bomb and its a god drat shame nobody has picked it up and done a proper remake or port. If I recall correctly the ps3 version was poo poo.

And dont even get me started on the Command and Conquer series (post C&C original) and pre whatever the gently caress the ones after red alert 3

I played Defender non-stop.
And Zaxxon.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dogeh posted:

I played Defender non-stop.
And Zaxxon.

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe? Yes please!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

The Titanic posted:

So many bugs, the designers are just building them in as features now. Nobody cares.

Is this dildo of a ship even in the game right now or are they just loving with backers again?

Yeah, that's the ship that when released had the doors that wouldn't close unless you were watching them.

Anyone know if they fixed that BTW?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe? Yes please!

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Only cause you have a belt to hold those guts in.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hell loving yeah!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

what is even happening here

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ramadu posted:

what is even happening here

DRM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I had the version where you had to enter in a random word from the manual instead.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Red alert was great up till 3. The tiberium series was great up till 4.

Shame EA no longer supports them and the franchise might as well be dead.

I can't get TibWar/Kanes wrath to run on my computer, and nothing online I've found fixes it. EA don't give a gently caress either.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
They work on mine, but no one else I know can get them to run.

Also, anime.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

The Titanic posted:

Holding out for 7.0?

I think you’re right. 7.0 really is when the massive pipes kick in and things start coming together. Though I’m personally holding out for 8.0, where that add in a second loving mission giver! Can you imagine that? Two of them!!! Why I’ll barely be able to contain myself when I get a quest from another guy to go to one of the eight points of interest in the game!

Post your favorite upcoming feature in 7.0 or 8.0 to help moma get the willies and excitement goosebumps in all his places!!!

There are plenty of pipelines.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 25, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Too many examples of this. The devs are officially making up what they are doing to mess with her.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

spacetoaster posted:

Where was Seraph from?

That first one is a creep. That second one is insane word salad.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
quad post

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

intardnation posted:

actually for racing having bass transducers is really good. feeling the bumps adds a lot of realism to the car. Not to mention feeling the backend losing traction is important. In VR it adds a fundamental missing feature. To the point that at times my body releases adrenaline when I bake corners and am about to crash. Not sure if others have experienced that or if motion rigs get that but a few times - it has been well crazy.

Eau Rouge in Spa in VR with motion sim gives me an adrenaline kick every single time. To the point that when I first drove there with this setup with cars similar for 2010 Formula 1 cars (Formula X17 in R3E), I needed to stop after a dozen of practice laps because I needed a little bit tille the adrenaline reduced. Loosing it in that corner-sequence - in VR and with motion sim - is something I at least remember maybe for the rest of my gaming live as something I never experienced in gaming before: a short, sudden and foremost real feeling of helplessness, terror and panic, similar to realizing in real world that an accident is happening and you are in the middle of it. It's awesome.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

It’s going to depend probably on how much the pipe sweats. I’ve seen duct tape last 20 years on old dry ducting. But I’ve also seen it peel away within a week on other stuff.

There’s probably other factors too but I’m not read up on duct tape development like I should be. :eng99:

It's ok, friend. You're pretty good at developing sinking feelings, at least :)

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

tuo posted:

Eau Rouge in Spa in VR with motion sim gives me an adrenaline kick every single time. To the point that when I first drove there with this setup with cars similar for 2010 Formula 1 cars (Formula X17 in R3E), I needed to stop after a dozen of practice laps because I needed a little bit tille the adrenaline reduced. Loosing it in that corner-sequence - in VR and with motion sim - is something I at least remember maybe for the rest of my gaming live as something I never experienced in gaming before: a short, sudden and foremost real feeling of helplessness, terror and panic, similar to realizing in real world that an accident is happening and you are in the middle of it. It's awesome.

drat, that really sounds awesome.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:3:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

McGiggins posted:

Autism at its finest

Maybe he is off his meds.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I would treat SA like twitter and only post one sentence at a time.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beginner SA Question:

What does the buddy list do? How to get buddies lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AutismVaccine posted:

Beginner SA Question:

What does the buddy list do? How to get buddies lol?
They show up in your user control panel and I think you add them in the user you want's profile. You can tell when they're online to poo poo talk them I guess?

I think that's one of those weird features from over a decade ago.