Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Another thing that helps is wooden spikes, which can be made right away. They don't kill, but they can reduce mobs to half a heart, which makes them punch bait. That will help out with killing dudes when all you got is a wooden sword and a prayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
My advice is to not play Forever Stranded.

Speaking of bad things in modpacks, which one in Age of Engineering do I have to thank for setting me on fire every time I go into the Nether? Losing half my hp every single time is real annoying.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Speaking of bad things in modpacks, which one in Age of Engineering do I have to thank for setting me on fire every time I go into the Nether? Losing half my hp every single time is real annoying.

That's very strange, because that never happened to me. Are you sure there's not just something on fire near the portal?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That's very strange, because that never happened to me. Are you sure there's not just something on fire near the portal?

Nothing is on fire close enough to the portal to cause me to catch on fire every time. I don't catch on fire on the return trip, either.

On a related note, anyone got any early game tips?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Nothing is on fire close enough to the portal to cause me to catch on fire every time. I don't catch on fire on the return trip, either.

On a related note, anyone got any early game tips?

For Age of Engineering? Sure. I'm assuming you're at least at Age 2 since you are talking about the nether and you need steel for that.

* A guide a pubbie wrote: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MxHwK9dF2ZdpVEcz90cfb5F9fvqTvlUJC97e4BETAEA/edit . It's pretty comprehensive and has a ton of tips for each age.

* Ideal TiCon hammer: ardite tool rod and hammer head, obsidian plate, bronze plate. Modifiers can be whatever you like; I like glowing and silk touch. With this combination, you have a hammer that, as long as you mine stone things, never breaks. It's a little slow, but lasts forever.

* Start bees as early as possible. In order to make the very last item in the progression chain, you need 4096 scented paneling. Make some apiaries and get breeding. There's no gendustry so you have to do it the hard way. You need industrious (pollen,) imperial (royal jelly,) and wintry (a single ice shard, for making a vacuum freezer way later down the road.) Optionally, ender bees (the ones you find in the wild in the end) are needed for a few Mekanism quality of life toys. Starting these early and automating them will mean a lot less irritating grinding later on.

* You'll find out soon that the empowerer loving sucks, but you need empowered crystals for drat near everything. Beeline to UU-matter as soon as possible -- you can use UU-matter to duplicate a ton of useful things, like sturdy casings and machine frames and even ender io's basic capacitors. Here's a spreadsheet :gonk: with all the costs and stuff. Hit the "Curated" tab for a list of goodies.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Holy BALLS why does breaking a hive do 4 hearts of unblockable damage to me?!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Holy BALLS why does breaking a hive do 4 hearts of unblockable damage to me?!

Make a Bee Smoker and use it on the hive. Once it stops emitting bee particle effects, you can harvest it safely.

Or say "gently caress that noise" and just eat the damage I guess.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Wait, what item requires 4096 scented paneling? I don't see it in NEI.

Also I am in the "gently caress that noise" camp. I can just eat bread all day to counter the damage, it's just super excessive for loving bees.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 24, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Wait, what item requires 4096 scented paneling? I don't see it in NEI.

The Creative Vending upgrade. It's 4096 Scented Paneling in a mekanism basic bin. It also needs 4096 manyullyn, iridium ore, and some plastic sheet from Mekanism, but none of those are as time consuming as the bee poo poo.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

taiyoko posted:

It'll do some auto-terraforming, but it's gotta have a certain amount of space around the central town hall block for the citizens to spawn. Trust me, I know that pain, after digging into a desert hill for my sandstone colony.

Here's those screenshots I mentioned: https://imgur.com/a/6EyMz

This was a lot of terraforming. :smithicide:

I dug around it, and spawned 4 people. 2 seem pretty useless.

I have to feed them wooden tools until they terraform the mountain? >< i think i need to do it myself. Then they need me to make all the items for them to use to build?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is a pretty minor gripe all told, but at some point (1.8? 1.9?) the ubiquitous Chisel mod underwent a massive change. All the functions and stuff are the same but a lot of the custom and unique block designs were removed, and we got a really standardized set of variants, instead.
A lot of materials are missing, and every major material has the exact same variants -- dent, embossed, small bricks, tile, etc. A lot of the stranger and more unique variants are just gone and everything is standardized to the same options, and it feels like kind of a bummer. Mostly I miss my obsidian snakes. Is there any reason all the cool options and block types haven't come back, or did I just miss a memo?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

I have to feed them wooden tools until they terraform the mountain? >< i think i need to do it myself. Then they need me to make all the items for them to use to build?

As they (and the colony) level up, they can use better tools. I suggest using tinker's tools and just repair them as needed. Also, you can get unbreaking on them if you get them to five modifiers (like by using them yourself to level them up, sadly, colonist use doesn't count). I'd actually suggest that instead of building your town hall immediately after the builder's hut is finished, instead, do a sawmill. Then you can put one of your colonists to work murdering all the trees you'll ever need, and they'll even replant the saplings. If you want an orchard of fruit trees and don't want to worry about them getting inadvertently chopped down, put a cobblestone block under the dirt block the tree is on. Underground Biomes cobblestone converts to vanilla by crafting it 2x2.

99blocks is planning a major update in the next two to three days, but is still testing things with the help of some of us on his discord.

99blocks posted:

WIP changelog for the sake of mod testing...
Mods Updated/Rolled Back
Journeymap (1.10.2-5.4.7)
Vanilla Automation (1.10.2-1.6)

Mods removed
MyChunkLoader
Embers
B.A.S.E
Nether Metals
MMD OreSpawn

Mods Added
Xnet
Flux Networks
Extra Alchemy
DrCyanos Wonderful Wands & Wizarding Robes
Arche
Block Drops (JEI Addon)
Dense Ores
Random Restockable Crates
Fence Jumper
Iskallium Reactors
iExtras
AutoPackager
Custom Achievements
Remember that a lot of this will be gated behind quests and recipe requirements! The pack will keep its current feel of casual fun!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

This is a pretty minor gripe all told, but at some point (1.8? 1.9?) the ubiquitous Chisel mod underwent a massive change. All the functions and stuff are the same but a lot of the custom and unique block designs were removed, and we got a really standardized set of variants, instead.
A lot of materials are missing, and every major material has the exact same variants -- dent, embossed, small bricks, tile, etc. A lot of the stranger and more unique variants are just gone and everything is standardized to the same options, and it feels like kind of a bummer. Mostly I miss my obsidian snakes. Is there any reason all the cool options and block types haven't come back, or did I just miss a memo?

1.7.10 Confirmed best Minecraft version.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Vib Rib posted:

There are multiple Chisel versions that had some independence from each other. You likely fell in love with Chisel 2. I think it is the original that has been maintained up to newer releases. Whatever it is, I filed a ticket in GitHub for them to incorporate some of them. I figured it was drama or something that would keep it from happening, but they seemed okay with it. What will really kill it is them sitting on the request.

I had a notion to try to add them myself, but I ran into some problem I cannot recall, but it had something to do with the mod being laid out unconventionally.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Nether bricks/netherrack both have a ton of neat variants. I wish more blocks let you vary the color that way.

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
Well, the newest update to MSB2 just straight up removed the FTB Guide Book, so I guess that cements what the author thinks. After making a few random blocks for quests and spending way more time than I wanted searching for quest prerequisites, I think I'm done. Any other pack suggestions? :sigh:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Someone want to recommend me a GregTech pack for a guy who's interested in giving the tech tree an honest shot, but has no interest in the hardcore monsters/combat side that people seem to love to run alongside it? Minecraft combat is terrible and I've just lost all patience for dealing with that sort of thing. Fire in the Pipe 2 is one of the worst offenders, sadly. Strongly considering just going with GTNH and removing Infernal Mobs, because screw that mod and that pack seems okay otherwise. Fire in the Pipe also has a lackluster questbook that's terrible for people who don't already know their way around the mod. I'm not interested in having to tab out to a wiki to get information every two minutes, either.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Almost every pack has the option to just enable Peaceful mode in the vanilla minecraft settings.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Almost every pack has the option to just enable Peaceful mode in the vanilla minecraft settings.

That's true, but many items you'll be unable to get without having mobs killed in some fashion. Did anyone ever bring back the Peaceful Table from 1.7.10?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Vib Rib posted:

You could always make a custom resource pack which is very easy. And have it replace one of the newer variants you dont like with the variant you do like.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
In MSB2, finally prototyped a magmatic dynamo power stack that is run on a cobblegen, which is a shame because I really wanted to run arboreal extractor compression dynamos or Advanced Generators instead.

Anyway, the breakdown is cobblegen (Block Breaker) -> gravel (Ex2 Crusher/TE pulverizer/IE Crusher) -> flint (AA Crusher et al) ->
3 gunpowder (combustion) -> 3 blazepowder (combustion) -> blaze powder block (whatever that funky crafter is that is a first pre-req for the Mechanical Crafter) ->
lava (crucible over lit netherrack) -> power (magmatic dynamo stack)

Comes out to 3 buckets of lava from one cobblestone, which is each 120 000 RF IIRC. Dumb amounts of power relative to other options at the TC smelter/AA Empowerer stage.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Toadsmash posted:

Someone want to recommend me a GregTech pack for a guy who's interested in giving the tech tree an honest shot, but has no interest in the hardcore monsters/combat side that people seem to love to run alongside it? Minecraft combat is terrible and I've just lost all patience for dealing with that sort of thing. Fire in the Pipe 2 is one of the worst offenders, sadly. Strongly considering just going with GTNH and removing Infernal Mobs, because screw that mod and that pack seems okay otherwise. Fire in the Pipe also has a lackluster questbook that's terrible for people who don't already know their way around the mod. I'm not interested in having to tab out to a wiki to get information every two minutes, either.

InfiTech 2 is also pretty gregtech-heavy without any focus on dumb combat. IIRC it doesn't even have infernal mobs. I stopped when I found out there are ingots that take hours to process in the EBF.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

McFrugal posted:

InfiTech 2 is also pretty gregtech-heavy without any focus on dumb combat. IIRC it doesn't even have infernal mobs. I stopped when I found out there are ingots that take hours to process in the EBF.

Gregtech style timesinks are not "challenging" they are just tedious. I prefer challenges that are more open ended, like producing singularities and infinity items in PO2. In theory they are tedious, but only if you approach the problem in a tedious way. If you are creative you can automate it to be a lot less frustrating.

Gregtech doesn't give you the tools to over come its frustrating aspects, they are baked in.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 24, 2017

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Shipon posted:

That's true, but many items you'll be unable to get without having mobs killed in some fashion. Did anyone ever bring back the Peaceful Table from 1.7.10?

No peaceful table, but there are mods that add crafting options for mob drops if you’re comfortable dropping them in to packs. Harmony is what I use in 1.12, I think there are various “vegan” mods for earlier versions. You can search “peaceful” or “mob drops” on curse (a lot seem focused on not ever having to kill anything rather than peaceful specifically, but they certainly work for it, and it can be nice having an alternative to cow murdering sprees when I need a bunch of leathery.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The Age of Engineering google doc says to use a scythe on grass to get ender lilies easier, but it says to do that before you have steel. Steel is required for the tool forge which is required to get a scythe. Why a scythe, anyway? Is it actually a sickle that I need?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

The Age of Engineering google doc says to use a scythe on grass to get ender lilies easier, but it says to do that before you have steel. Steel is required for the tool forge which is required to get a scythe. Why a scythe, anyway? Is it actually a sickle that I need?

Probably. Personally, I never bothered with ender lillies. Ender IO has powered spawners for a reason. :sun:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Meskhenet posted:

I have a lot of experience with Mine Colonies up till whatever version was released maybe a month or two back. My advice for you is to make slime tools if you have ticon. They're wood level but the blue slime variant, iirc, has absurdly high durability and will last your guys forever. Also, do all the digging for the builder before s/he has to do it. it takes them ages even with advanced tools. Also, as your village develops, use the builders wand to look for waypoints. they accumulate as you build poo poo up and may overlap and cause pathing issues as an area gets more and more crowded. You can delete a waypoint by breaking the block underneath it, then replacing the block once the waypoint goes away. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the waypoint to go away though, so do feel free to walk away if you need to and come back. But don't delete all the waypoints, as that's how citizens decide how to get from A to B.

In the version we were running, the bakery had been implemented, but there was no other crafting at that time. We found(and hopefully this has been fixed since) that the builder would have tons of pathing issues on a server and end up staring at a wall for most of the time, the baker would constantly scream for more wheat forever, and the delivery guys hadn't had the bit of code put in place to allow them to deliver bread to citizens yet, so it was kind of a deal breaker. Maybe it's been fixed since then? Hopefully it has? As it was, it was kind of a pain for not a ton of real return.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I became kind of disillusioned with my Project Ozone 2 save after making the mega EMC machine. The rest of the tasks kind fo felt like busy work at that point, so I decided to start over. This time I will be going with Kappa Mode instead of Normal Mode, as I want to push off getting Equivalent Exchange 2 as long as possible. It was a challenge to get EE2 on normal, but it didn't feel like enough of a challenge, you know? My first play through was a frozen world map, so this time I decided to go with a custom Superflat Desert. I don't like a pure skyblock, a superflat world like this offers more chaos during the blood moons :black101: A desert offers a few advantages, as well as some disadvantages I think.

I spawned in the middle of nowhere and decided to wander a bit and see if I could find anything interesting. I stumbled on a village and proceded to loot it of any valuable items and blocks. The village had quite a few useful things, being in a desert with villages will make the early game go a lot faster I think! Might make it hard to find fluid cow though.....

I found a cool loot area in the village church, as well as a few furnaces and a half built smeltery. I also found a tinkers shop with all of the tinkers construct work benches and plans. I attempted to build a cactus wall to protect the village before nightfall, but it was no use. I climbed into the air and began constructing my own base in safety as the villagers below succumbed to the ravages of zombie hordes and John Cena creepers :(

No one survived the night, and the religiously intolerant creepers bombed the Testificate church. But I now have a good supply of sand with which to sift and find materials! I built up my base above the village a bit more and got to work crafting down the quest line. I might venture out into the desert to find another village later. But for now I am well on my way back to the top, I will have infinity equipment in no time.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 25, 2017

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

taiyoko posted:

As they (and the colony) level up, they can use better tools. I suggest using tinker's tools and just repair them as needed. Also, you can get unbreaking on them if you get them to five modifiers (like by using them yourself to level them up, sadly, colonist use doesn't count). I'd actually suggest that instead of building your town hall immediately after the builder's hut is finished, instead, do a sawmill. Then you can put one of your colonists to work murdering all the trees you'll ever need, and they'll even replant the saplings. If you want an orchard of fruit trees and don't want to worry about them getting inadvertently chopped down, put a cobblestone block under the dirt block the tree is on. Underground Biomes cobblestone converts to vanilla by crafting it 2x2.

99blocks is planning a major update in the next two to three days, but is still testing things with the help of some of us on his discord.

Ok, due to me not knowing how any of this works i somehow got a forge built????

but it isnt complete. I got the message it was complete, but half of the floor is missing as well as bits of the roof.

The townhall is being built, as well as a builder i think......

Is there a command that would just wipe everything minecolonies so i can start again?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

I have a lot of experience with Mine Colonies up till whatever version was released maybe a month or two back. My advice for you is to make slime tools if you have ticon. They're wood level but the blue slime variant, iirc, has absurdly high durability and will last your guys forever. Also, do all the digging for the builder before s/he has to do it. it takes them ages even with advanced tools. Also, as your village develops, use the builders wand to look for waypoints. they accumulate as you build poo poo up and may overlap and cause pathing issues as an area gets more and more crowded. You can delete a waypoint by breaking the block underneath it, then replacing the block once the waypoint goes away. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the waypoint to go away though, so do feel free to walk away if you need to and come back. But don't delete all the waypoints, as that's how citizens decide how to get from A to B.

In the version we were running, the bakery had been implemented, but there was no other crafting at that time. We found(and hopefully this has been fixed since) that the builder would have tons of pathing issues on a server and end up staring at a wall for most of the time, the baker would constantly scream for more wheat forever, and the delivery guys hadn't had the bit of code put in place to allow them to deliver bread to citizens yet, so it was kind of a deal breaker. Maybe it's been fixed since then? Hopefully it has? As it was, it was kind of a pain for not a ton of real return.

:/ that doesnt sound good. But i seem to really like the concept of this. (I stopped regrowth when the village i built took over my base ><)

I can make reinforced tools, good to hear tinker stuff will work. I might go slime hunting.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

Ok, due to me not knowing how any of this works i somehow got a forge built????

but it isnt complete. I got the message it was complete, but half of the floor is missing as well as bits of the roof.

The townhall is being built, as well as a builder i think......

Is there a command that would just wipe everything minecolonies so i can start again?

You can just axe up all the cores of the buildings to get rid of minecolony. If a building is "half finished" or something you can hit the "repair building" button in the interface and the builder will completely replace or place all the materials that should be there.

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
I'm having a really weird issue where all of my LV wires have disappeared but I can't add new wires without removing and replacing the wire connectors. Also, placed trapdoors open but the graphic doesn't change so it still looks closed? What's going on??

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Hey folks, I'm trying to play with a couple of 1.10.2 FTB packs and in several of them now when I try to launch them they all lock up at the same point in loading with the following message from the console:

[19:52:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: OBJModel: A color has already been defined for material 'Cube1_auv' in 'deepresonance:models/block/crystal.mtl'. The color defined by key 'Ks' will not be applied!

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

It's a combination of licensing issues and unifying the textures between blocks. I think.

Some people take mods too drat serious.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Captain Fargle posted:

Hey folks, I'm trying to play with a couple of 1.10.2 FTB packs and in several of them now when I try to launch them they all lock up at the same point in loading with the following message from the console:

[19:52:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: OBJModel: A color has already been defined for material 'Cube1_auv' in 'deepresonance:models/block/crystal.mtl'. The color defined by key 'Ks' will not be applied!

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?
From what I can find, believe it or not, this might actually be a video card problem. Do you have an nvidia card?

Try updating drivers or using this hotfix.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

From what I can find, believe it or not, this might actually be a video card problem. Do you have an nvidia card?

Try updating drivers or using this hotfix.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/

I do actually! Let me update my drivers and report back.

EDIT: Drivers updated. Rather than freezing at said point it now crashes.

DOUBLE EDIT: Got it going! Apparently it was a RAM issue. Apparently I had to manually set the launcher to match the increased RAM I had allocated in the past for modded Minecraft.

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 25, 2017

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
Anyone have suggestions for a good skyblock or progression style mod for someone who doesn't know the mods inside and out? I played skyfactory 2.5 about a year ago and got decently far with a nuclear generator, auto-crafting, and a bunch of high tech autonomous stuff but lost the world when a hard drive failed.

Tried out skyfactory 3 recently but, unless I'm just dumb, it seems like you need to use chickens or crops to advance? I didn't really enjoy messing with chickens and crops seem slow and tedious.

Age of Engineering and Project Ozone 2 both seem right up my alley but TONNES of mobs spawn in my world for both at night and only like 80% despawn during the day. I couldn't do anything in Project Ozone after the first day so maybe I'm missing something.

Seems like there is a billion out there and I need help narrowing it down.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Well, after putting in dozens of hours I'm giving up on Age of Engineering, again. Finally started to get enough EU power to replicate iridium, figured I'd use it to make a liquid heat exchanger & upgrade one of my 2 nuclear reactors to a liquid cooled one. Get everything made: steam generator, coolant & distilled water, steam engines, kinetic generators, etc. Start building the pressure blocks around the shutdown reactor, as I place the last block: BOOM, nuke goes off. Lose both my nuclear reactors w/ all the components inside, my heat exchanger that took like 6 hours of EU production to make the iridium for, 90% of my tier 2 void miner, a medium storage crate full of ore/blocks, my mass replicator, and my pattern storage which is the last way to get more iridium short of starting from scratch dungeon diving.

gently caress IC2.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kin33 posted:

Age of Engineering and Project Ozone 2 both seem right up my alley but TONNES of mobs spawn in my world for both at night and only like 80% despawn during the day. I couldn't do anything in Project Ozone after the first day so maybe I'm missing something.

If you want less mobs in Project Ozone 2 you need to play on a skyblock map or build up in the air. On a sky block you can control the light level on every block 100% so you should never see a mob spawn. If you build up in the air you can avoid all of the mobs until you have the resources to build a wall. Its project Ozone, you have everything you need to just live in the air above everything. This is my base, I just started a new save in a superflat desert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Kin33 posted:

Anyone have suggestions for a good skyblock or progression style mod for someone who doesn't know the mods inside and out? I played skyfactory 2.5 about a year ago and got decently far with a nuclear generator, auto-crafting, and a bunch of high tech autonomous stuff but lost the world when a hard drive failed.

Tried out skyfactory 3 recently but, unless I'm just dumb, it seems like you need to use chickens or crops to advance? I didn't really enjoy messing with chickens and crops seem slow and tedious.

Seems like there is a billion out there and I need help narrowing it down.

At the risk of sounding like a pedant when it's been talked about for ages in this thread already, but Modern Skyblock 2 is the big one right now, and it's on Minecraft 1.12.x. It's a pack with a fairly strict progression path and it avoids Ex Nihilo, which makes it play very differently from other skyblocks. Just go in expecting a challenge. I don't recommend trying expert mode for your first try unless you hate yourself even more than usual, as the pack's baseline is already way the hell ahead of most other packs. And join the discord if you haven't already.