Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If you're ever tempted to talk poo poo about Blue Goku, go watch the developer video where they show off that he plays completely differently from regular Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nappy Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfHzZzREY4o

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Good fighting games always have clone characters.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I thought this was a misplaced SO4 post and was happy to be wrong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh no, that post is exactly where it should be

right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wait, february first is the japanese date right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wait, february first is the japanese date right?

US gets it Jan 26.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Reveal Purple Dio

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Adult Mai with a shotgun and the child Red Ribbon trio as her assists

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Nappa Trailer

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Broken Loose posted:

If you're ever tempted to talk poo poo about Blue Goku, go watch the developer video where they show off that he plays completely differently from regular Goku.

Do you have that video? I meant to watch it a while back but I lost it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Broken Loose posted:

From what I remember, the Blue vs. Regular SS Goku and Vegeta have completely different supers and specials (maybe not ALL specials? I remember Blue Goku only has Kamehameha as a super, not a special), but most importantly Blue Vegeta has a super that's just one really strong punch that makes the opponent explode and Blue Goku has Kaioken Super Saiyan Blue Kamehameha that he also flies through to punch your opponent.

Fairly certain they had some different normals/dash attacks as well.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they have mostly the same normals but their specials and movement speed/damage are totally different, specifically blue goku gets a divekick, command throw, and dashing attack and his mobility is much higher

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Good fighting games always have clone characters.

xrd doesn't have clones... yet

Parachute
May 18, 2003
is ORDER SOL or whatever not in xrd?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Parachute posted:

is ORDER SOL or whatever not in xrd?

Neither Order Sol or Robo Ky are in Xrd. They're some of the most requested characters so it's only a matter of time before they're both in but the fact that they're "clones" is probably why they've been low on the priority list.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

xrd doesn't have clones... yet

mycot posted:

Neither Order Sol or Robo Ky are in Xrd. They're some of the most requested characters so it's only a matter of time before they're both in but the fact that they're "clones" is probably why they've been low on the priority list.

that means xrd is bad

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

daisuke confirmed roboky is the next character for xrd tho

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

daisuke confirmed roboky is the next character for xrd tho

:aaa: welp time for me to get back into xrd

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

To be fair, newer iterations of Robo-Ky really push the definition of what counts as a “clone” character. He had a big role in Rev’s story and a lot of buildup outside the game itself so he’ll probably be even more distinct from Ky this time around.

Edit: Nappa looks great but I will absolutely be bad at using Saibamen. This I can tell already.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Goten/Trunks tandem where they Fuse as a level 3.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Goten/Trunks tandem where they Fuse as a level 3.

I'd be surprised if Gotenks doesn't make it in just because his kamikaze ghost attack is unique enough to differentiate him from the rest of the saiyan cast.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 25, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Gotenks seems kinda like a gimme that boy is iconic. Also since we have Fat Buu, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kid Buu make it in. More of a change up than "Goku with blue hair" anyways so it could be a thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If Gotenks and Vegito aren't in the base game they're 100% going to be DLC. People are nuts for fusions

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
gotenks is basically his own character, vegito isnt really

gotenks also has lots of cool abilities to draw from and a history of showing up in dbz games as is

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vegito has a spirit sword and powerful coveralls, he's perfect

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if the dlc is all super stuff i can easily see ssb vegitto being one of the 8

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

anime was right posted:

gotenks is basically his own character, vegito isnt really

gotenks also has lots of cool abilities to draw from and a history of showing up in dbz games as is

Vegito has a bunch of distinctive moves, it would be pretty easy to make him his own character. I'd guess they'll lean on Super for DLC though so maybe Vegito Blue.

Mostly because the main game is classic DBZ almost exclusively except the Blues and golden Frieza but that also means most of the big names are already in. They've got every Tournament of Power fighter except Roshi in and honestly I could see Roshi getting in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i feel like beerus should be included in the base game but thats the only super character that is like so immensely important/popular he should get included

id be cool with nothing but z chars in the first version, then entirely super chars as dlc.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

anime was right posted:

i feel like beerus should be included in the base game but thats the only super character that is like so immensely important/popular he should get included

id be cool with nothing but z chars in the first version, then entirely super chars as dlc.

Beerus is technically a z character since BoG was a dbz movie

same for ssb and gold freeza; nothing so far has been exclusively a super creation

e: oh except ssb goku doing ssbkk for his level 3

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dunno what the popular opinion is but I think Nappa looks really awful and bad. I found him being put in kind of weird as he's such a nobody outside a long dead meme but after that clip he straight up just feels like a wasted character slot. Nothing looks terribly unique about him other then the fact he can ask a saibaman to punch someone I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dunno what the popular opinion is but I think Nappa looks really awful and bad. I found him being put in kind of weird as he's such a nobody outside a long dead meme but after that clip he straight up just feels like a wasted character slot. Nothing looks terribly unique about him other then the fact he can ask a saibaman to punch someone I guess.

Nappa is, if you're not someone coming to DB years after the fact, an absurdly memorable character. He is this giant insane superbeing who appears after a long buildup and murders most of the cast. Like straight-up between the Saibamen and people desperately trying to kill him he kills everyone of meaning but Gohan and Krillin. It's easy to forget that because a lot of people came into Dragonball long after the Nappa stuff was old news but in terms of impact he's actually pretty significant. He bloodbathed his way through the cast of Dragonball and then obliterated the Dragonballs which made death seem to hold more meaning even is we know now it's a trip to Namek for some sweet bonus wishes.

Imagine being a kid reading Dragonball and here comes this new guy who shows up and kills every almost single character you've been spending volumes of manga with.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

Nappa is, if you're not someone coming to DB years after the fact, an absurdly memorable character. He is this giant insane superbeing who appears after a long buildup and murders most of the cast. Like straight-up between the Saibamen and people desperately trying to kill him he kills everyone of meaning but Gohan and Krillin. It's easy to forget that because a lot of people came into Dragonball long after the Nappa stuff was old news but in terms of impact he's actually pretty significant. He bloodbathed his way through the cast of Dragonball and then obliterated the Dragonballs which made death seem to hold more meaning even is we know now it's a trip to Namek for some sweet bonus wishes.

Imagine being a kid reading Dragonball and here comes this new guy who shows up and kills every almost single character you've been spending volumes of manga with.

Yeah I was around for the start of Z (DB would be much later) and while it made a big impact at the time the dudes no longer the go-to character for threatening or whatever in my head.

I just think there's a million better options because he's so low on the totem pole now and offers nothing new gameplay wise aside from Saibamen that it just feels like a waste. Iunno, maybe it's just me. Just not really thrilled after seeing him in motion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wasn't super keen on Nappa being a character but then they decided to give him a bunch of Saibaman moves and that feels like it'll be a really interesting wrinkle to the way he plays and i'm excited to see how it turns out.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Pretty much this. When I first watched DBZ, Nappa was legit SCARY. The protagonists can only hope to stall so that the only person who might be able to face him can get there, and even if by some miracle that they defeat him, there is someone even worse that even he is afraid of.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Nappa may be a long forgotten sub-boss and ancient meme to a lot of people but just because he was around before super saiyans and androids were a thing doesn't make his contribution and impact on the series lesser. Plus so far there's only the one other huge beeflord character in 16, it's not as if that playstyle is going to be over-represented.

Now Raditz on the other hand I super agree with you on, because I guarantee if he weren't Goku's brother absolutely nobody would care about him.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nappa is a powerhouse with saibamen gimmick, he looks cool gameplay wise and not a wasted slot imo, but we've abarely even see what he does so lets judge later!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Nappa may be a long forgotten sub-boss and ancient meme to a lot of people but just because he was around before super saiyans and androids were a thing doesn't make his contribution and impact on the series lesser. Plus so far there's only the one other huge beeflord character in 16, it's not as if that playstyle is going to be over-represented.

Now Raditz on the other hand I super agree with you on, because I guarantee if he weren't Goku's brother absolutely nobody would care about him.

Yeah i'm thinking one of the big reasons they opted for Nappa is cuz he's one of the few important Big Dudes in the series. like, Buu is pretty big but hes also got all his weird powers going on so him being big isn't really that noteworthy of a trait for him, Cell is pretty tall but he's not big. I guess Ginyu is another big guy. I think that's basically it outside of Broly and Kale

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Broly is essentially the ultimate big guy, and a legitimate inspiration for other big guys hoping to become bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Kale, the canon broly, is cooler and better than Broly and has taken his place in the pantheon of gods.