Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mutant Alternate Universe Kyle was pretty tough. "I'M BACK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What class combos are people going with? I'm stuck between a blaster elementalist that drops AoE everywhere or wanting to make a lightning bruiser that has a lot of mobility and single target damage

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Blast of Confetti posted:

What class combos are people going with? I'm stuck between a blaster elementalist that drops AoE everywhere or wanting to make a lightning bruiser that has a lot of mobility and single target damage

Past a certain point it doesn't really matter, just choose what seems good until then.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaster/elementalist carried me through the game, with a punch move from one of the fourth tier classes.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"Microaggression! Hit him!" and Captain Diabetes crack me up. "It's a good day to have diabetes!"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Randaconda posted:

Mutant Alternate Universe Kyle was pretty tough. "I'M BACK!"

Interesting, playing medium difficulty I thought it was pretty straightforward since it's just one target the whole time. I by far had the hardest time with the Stick of Truth version of the boys

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress the ROW posted:

"Microaggression! Hit him!" and Captain Diabetes crack me up. "It's a good day to have diabetes!"

Captain Diabetes was in my party as much as possible.

Sadly, Stan was pretty bad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

Interesting, playing medium difficulty I thought it was pretty straightforward since it's just one target the whole time. I by far had the hardest time with the Stick of Truth version of the boys

I only had a problem when fighting both versions of Mitch Connor

My final party was Call Girl, Captain Diabetes and Mysterion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Token was pretty good

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

Token was pretty good

Super Craig was good, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Mosquito was handy too since his attacks also double as self-heals.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'd honestly hand Call Girl the title of best party member just on the strength of phone destroyer. The taunt and shield and high damage point blank move are just icing on the cake.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

It seemed that using all relics that boosted Ultimate Recovery and/or Ally Health comboed with the Psychic Ultimate (and later all the standard Plantmancer skills) trivialized the combat completely.

By the end I was pretty much using Call Girl, Captain Diabetes and Mysterion all the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

On day 2, using the Blaster's Hadoken, and the "Confuse one enemy in range", "Damage and Defense Down in an X pattern" from Psychic, with the Psychic's Ultimate. Pretty much steamrolling everything, while not as simple this one seems just as easy as SoT so far.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it normal for the cats to disappear? There was one in a tree that I hit the branch but now it is gone and this is the next one BGA told me to find. There is a static thing on the branch now, though. I am guessing some hero will have the ability to put things back the way they were or something.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You get fart powers later on for dealing with that stuff, yeah

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

This game was decent but wayyyy too loving short

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Nova Odin posted:

It seemed that using all relics that boosted Ultimate Recovery and/or Ally Health comboed with the Psychic Ultimate (and later all the standard Plantmancer skills) trivialized the combat completely.

By the end I was pretty much using Call Girl, Captain Diabetes and Mysterion all the time.

This is what I ended up doing. Psychic shield, Elementalist heal, Plantmancer roots. Captain Diabetes is strong because he can self shield while doing damage. Call girl can hit almost anywhere on the screen and taunt when you need it. Mysterion just does a lot of damage and is still useful even when he's dead. Psychic ult is always valuable unless your team is all full hp and full shield which is not likely.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Beasteh posted:

I've got 12-something hours clocked finished day 2, this is already longer than I would like. I'm enjoying it waaaay more than Stick of Truth but that was a beautifully paced 8-ish hours.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beasteh posted:

I'm hoping the DLC is lengthy.

I wouldn't mind a Simpsons rpg, after playing both the South Park games.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

I've got 12-something hours clocked finished day 2, this is already longer than I would like. I'm enjoying it waaaay more than Stick of Truth but that was a beautifully paced 8-ish hours.

Wasn't there a lot of problems involved in the production of Stick of Truth?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Randaconda posted:

Wasn't there a lot of problems involved in the production of Stick of Truth?

It was being published by THQ who ceased to exist.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Randaconda posted:

Captain Diabetes was in my party as much as possible.

Sadly, Stan was pretty bad.

The Coon and Captain Diabetes make the best team. "Diabetes claims another victim" always makes me laugh.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Combat difficulty definitely jumped on day 3.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Beasteh posted:

I wouldn't have wanted the game to be any longer than it was.

Of course I just got it from the Redbox and knocked it out in three or four days, so I didn't really have a concern about cost/hour of entertainment.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Found an annoying bug (PS4 version) where every time you back out of the bank dude's money wheel game, you lose one income level. You still get the achievement for getting to 0.01%, but you can never take a selfie with him because when you leave the game you drop back down to 1%.

Also ran into a super-annoying unwinnable loop with the Morgan Freeman fight. New Kid and Cpt. Diabetes were KOed, Mysterion was a ghost, and Call Girl was charmed. Freeman had 700 hp left. Freeman would pass his turn, Mysterion could only do one of his haunt attacks, then Call Girl would pass. Freeman would immediately charm Call Girl which is 100% effective against her I guess. As soon as I had meter, I'd res Mysterion, but then Freeman would just bitchslap him to death, Call Girl would pass, Freeman would charm, ad nauseum.

So loving annoying.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"It's Coon AND friends God drat it Butters"

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Oldstench posted:

Also ran into a super-annoying unwinnable loop with the Morgan Freeman fight. New Kid and Cpt. Diabetes were KOed, Mysterion was a ghost, and Call Girl was charmed. Freeman had 700 hp left. Freeman would pass his turn, Mysterion could only do one of his haunt attacks, then Call Girl would pass. Freeman would immediately charm Call Girl which is 100% effective against her I guess. As soon as I had meter, I'd res Mysterion, but then Freeman would just bitchslap him to death, Call Girl would pass, Freeman would charm, ad nauseum.

So loving annoying.
I had that happen as well. Only difference was that it was the New Kid that was continually getting charmed by Freeman. In the end, I managed to defeat him by doing a time pause fart when I was able to do it, and hitting Freeman for about 500 damage at a time before I got recharmed. Took about 8 turns of that to defeat him, while dead Mysterion just hosed around doing ineffective moves on Freeman (as I found it was pointless resurrecting him as he just got instakilled next turn).

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Coon and Captain Diabetes make the best team. "Diabetes claims another victim" always makes me laugh.

Not to mention Cartman's 'May they never find a cure for diabetes' if Scott gets a kill.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Combat difficulty definitely jumped on day 3.

Yeah no kidding!

So in doing the mission at the end of day 2 (infiltrating the base), what happens if you go with Kyle on the roof? I found a side door, then went up there, assumed he was asking me to do whatever because it was the mission critical path, then went through the side door. The side door ended up leading me to the end of the level, and I even got texts from Kyle specifically saying "Hey are you coming to the roof?" and then "Fine, don't meet me on the roof, whatever, I'll see you later"

Are there two ways through the dungeon or did I miss something cool?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Managed to get the Farts over Freckles achievement - it wasn't all that hard but one wrong move does put you at pretty serious risk of your entire party being wiped out. In the end I had him down to about 1000hp when he wiped all but the New Kid out and I barely survived the direct hit he laid down to follow as his second move. That left me space to rez the party with my Ultimate (thank goodness) and put him down fairly easily.

Just The Token Experience left to go now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone seen the Towelie gaming bud thing? I never saw him other than his small part in the the clinic. He's supposed to be pre-order DLC but nothing ever happened.

E: forget it. After looking at pictures, it seems that my copy didn't include him. It had the season pass and stick of truth but the towelie DLC wasn't there. So that explains that. Hmm...I wonder how I can get it.

E2: found it on the PS store and it was free for me to DL. Whatever. So, check the store and see if you can get it for free.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 1, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Angry Joe just put up his review of this. He's now 2 for 2 wrong reviews (the other being Shadow of War). I'd have personally given it at least an 8.5/9.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 2, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just bought this yesterday, although since I never beat Stick of Truth the last time I played it I'm going through that game first, which leads to the following 2 questions;

1) I know the game is divided into days, any content I should be aware of that is limited to specific ones?

2) Summons; so they can only be used once per day, but can't be used against bosses, so I'm wondering if there's any real reason to use them, cause so far all the fights have been pretty easy, even the singular boss I've fought so far(that group of Mongolians at the end of the City Wok quest), admittedly I'm still pretty early in the game(still need to bust Clyde out of detention) so that might change soon enough

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

1) I know the game is divided into days, any content I should be aware of that is limited to specific ones?

The only thing that might catch you off guard is that some quests only trigger if you go into the location the NPC is in and speak with them, but the actual main storyline is likely to bring you into those areas anyway. I didn't encounter anything that cut me out of achievements/quests etc like Stick of Truth had, the only exception being a quest in the police station to hand out headshots for the police psychologist/counselor has to be delayed until after night 3 because the police are told to shut you out but as the storyline develops you get access back.

drrockso20 posted:

2) Summons; so they can only be used once per day, but can't be used against bosses, so I'm wondering if there's any real reason to use them, cause so far all the fights have been pretty easy, even the singular boss I've fought so far(that group of Mongolians at the end of the City Wok quest), admittedly I'm still pretty early in the game(still need to bust Clyde out of detention) so that might change soon enough

Your experience may vary, but I found that the difficulty picked up a bit around night 3 or so and the summons became handy though not necessarily required at that point.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't encounter anything that cut me out of achievements/quests etc like Stick of Truth had, the only exception being a quest in the police station to hand out headshots for the police psychologist/counselor has to be delayed until after night 3 because the police are told to shut you out but as the storyline develops you get access back.

That one is especially confusing because you get the ability that lets you complete the quest at the exact time you get locked out of the ability to turn the quest in. Seems like something that got messed up in development or was just poorly designed.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Jerusalem posted:

The only thing that might catch you off guard is that some quests only trigger if you go into the location the NPC is in and speak with them, but the actual main storyline is likely to bring you into those areas anyway. I didn't encounter anything that cut me out of achievements/quests etc like Stick of Truth had, the only exception being a quest in the police station to hand out headshots for the police psychologist/counselor has to be delayed until after night 3 because the police are told to shut you out but as the storyline develops you get access back.

Your experience may vary, but I found that the difficulty picked up a bit around night 3 or so and the summons became handy though not necessarily required at that point.

Also there is a yaoi drawing in the mayor's office that is inaccessible on the last day but you can get it in the post-game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Do note that I meant Stick of Truth, not Fractured But Whole when I was asking about days

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

drrockso20 posted:

Do note that I meant Stick of Truth, not Fractured But Whole when I was asking about days

Oh, sorry. I believe I do recall certain things that could become unavailable in that one, yeah.

e: Hahaha, one of the hidden trophies: "Use every allies' Ultimate Attack in a playthrough, except The Coon's"

precision fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hahahhaha that difficulty setting option

Game of the year

• Locked thread