Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Goodnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

^^^Fine. I am a town-aligned role blocker.
N1: role blocked apostate courier. Was told that that my action was successful.

being a roleblocker is a pretty mundane thing and now that you've claimed it I still have no idea why you thought it required all this secret-agent level of hinting and intrigue about it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Bif, however, has no excuse. Her game seems incredibly different than previous games.[/b]

lol you think

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

im going to bed. claim typed up in word document, will post if i must. i'd appreciate if you would refrain from hammering me until tomorrow.

btw I'm just having a really funny mental image right now of why he needed to "type up in a word document" something as complicated as "I am a roleblocker"

I'm picturing some kind of Myst-level Everdunes journal kind of thing

I might go and make one now just for fun's sake to distract myself

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fake_claims.docx

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The [Roleblocker Journal] is here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Earning that payrise at work I see

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

poo poo were we all supposed to be keeping journals?

good morning btw I see a lot of really long posts that I am sure to read at some point before deadline

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Nevergirls journal day 1: I don’t understand any of the meta
Nevergirls journal day 2: still not getting it

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ughhhh 3 people on my scum-neutral list voting for bminus.

I definitely could be wrong and bminus is scum but I don't think so.

Still like thranguy for scum. Being new doesn't preclude someone from being scum, and giving a scummy player a free pass is really weird to me.

As a new player nothing stopped people from lynching the poo poo out of me early in the game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Though to be fair I'm beginning to lean town on Bif.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, just to throw more supicion at b minus one. Take a look at the construction of Hal's role vs. the construction of bminus1's role.
Hal's has a built in obvious downside, his is just roleblocker.
Could both standard and standard+ roles exist in the game, sure, but it just shades his claim more towards the unlikely for me.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Blocker is not an inherently town role, and in this case, the claim seems bad.

##vote bminus1

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Also, just getting a response that your rb was successful, doesn't mean you actually blocked an action. That is mod dependent.
Saying you were successful could also mean that you weren't stopped from fufilling your duty, not that you stopped AC from doing a thing.

The other variation, is actually a proscum variant, if you get told that you are successful only when you actually stop someone from doing something, it makes you a weak rolecop essentially, which is great to help scum pick targets, and only vaguely useful for town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Also, just getting a response that your rb was successful, doesn't mean you actually blocked an action. That is mod dependent.
Saying you were successful could also mean that you weren't stopped from fufilling your duty, not that you stopped AC from doing a thing.

I know. Which is why I asked for clarification via pm yesterday (hope I’m allowed to say this) whether “action successful” means I actually blocked a night action, or that my action was carried out unhindered, meaning I have no way of knowing whether ac had an action in the first place. I was told that the latter is correct. So like I said earlier, when I learned that AC was part of a masonry, I realized that my roleblock likely had no effect on the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

What the hell is wrong with you?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Want to address this real quick

Grandicap posted:

In those two posts, he throws shade in a jokey way at Nevergirls without dropping either a vote or reasoning (GrandiNote: Possible scumbuddy connection, if b-1 flips scum dig here)

he actually only addressed me or talked about me in one of those posts? I agree that's weak and jokey. but no scum connection over here I assure you. I have no idea how b-1 will flip but don't want that to be any reflection on me! I also don't want this to be like "oh if nevergirls doesn't vote for b-1, and b-1 is scum, then obviously nevergirls is scum too" whatever!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

thang and mr f obvious :bandwagon: imho

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have yet to review the b-1 case in detail but will do so and make a decision as it looks like it's either b-1 or thrang in 12 hours? anyone else worth looking at today?

I'd like to look closely at mason team tomorrow

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Want to address this real quick

he actually only addressed me or talked about me in one of those posts? I agree that's weak and jokey. but no scum connection over here I assure you. I have no idea how b-1 will flip but don't want that to be any reflection on me! I also don't want this to be like "oh if nevergirls doesn't vote for b-1, and b-1 is scum, then obviously nevergirls is scum too" whatever!

A grandinote is a note to myself, it isn't saying anything useful, just a drop to remind myself later.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:siren: CLARIFICATION: CULTURE ALIGNED = TOWN :siren:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. F! posted:

Hey guys I'm working on homework that is turning out to be much more challenging than I expected. The due date is tonight at 11:59. I'm hoping to have it done by 1030-1100. I'll be able to read and catch up then.

Mr. F! posted:

Blocker is not an inherently town role, and in this case, the claim seems bad.

##vote bminus1

Look at this scum. Makes excuses for not contributing then comes in to drop a bandwagon vote and nothing else.

Doesn't even talk about whatever the case on bminus is, just "roleblockers are scum" which in a pseudoecco maxgame is an inane conclusion to draw.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I would lynch Thran, grandicap and bif, in that order.

what made you change the order and vote bif instead of thran. you explained why you're not voting grandi but not why you're not voting thran.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Look at this scum. Makes excuses for not contributing then comes in to drop a bandwagon vote and nothing else.

Doesn't even talk about whatever the case on bminus is, just "roleblockers are scum" which in a pseudoecco maxgame is an inane conclusion to draw.

clear bandwagon vote like I said. if b-1 is not scum, then mr f is. but if b-1 is scum that vote wouldn't make sense at this stage.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

what made you change the order and vote bif instead of thran. you explained why you're not voting grandi but not why you're not voting thran.

funny you mention that. i've been contemplating moving my vote to thran instead of bif, because it seems that i'm the only one finds her scummy. plus she's pissed me off. bif is notorious for posting walls of text that go on for pages. in previous games, even hinting at the possibility that she is scum results in walls of text that continue for pages and pages. None of that has happened here. Instead, the only thing she's done is tunnel me, and write that pathetic googledoc "journal."if she isn't scum, she's a useless townie.

##unvote
##vote thranguy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have a town feeling on b-1 despite the case

At Tobb's quoting I re-read Mr F, and

## vote Mr. F

will switch back to thran if we can make it happen. But I think they're both scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mr. F has made 11 posts all game.

Day 1: Voted for inf as a joke early in the game, believed Hal's cop claim, voted for RF.
Day 2: voted inf again, disappeared, and recently voted to lynch me "Blocker is not an inherently town role" FYI I agree, which is why I had to double check my alignment. But man, there's almost no content here.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thran day 2 Mr F day 3?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

:siren: CLARIFICATION: CULTURE ALIGNED = TOWN :siren:

b-minus1 posted:

Mr. F has made 11 posts all game.

Day 1: Voted for inf as a joke early in the game, believed Hal's cop claim, voted for RF.
Day 2: voted inf again, disappeared, and recently voted to lynch me "Blocker is not an inherently town role" FYI I agree, which is why I had to double check my alignment. But man, there's almost no content here.

Coincidence?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

frickin simulations

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Could simulation mean someone's alignment got CHANGED between days?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Could simulation mean someone's alignment got CHANGED between days?

Didn't everyone's? I was Cudlaty now Culture.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote mr f

tbh i feel this better than any other case. i think bminus was just being dramatic for their role. thran, idk, i feel like hes gonna have to get lynched eventually tho, and im not too sure of him anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Coincidence?

Multiple players have asked for clarification on it, since I stupidly forgot to write "Scum / Town" to make it apparent.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Multiple players have asked for clarification on it, since I stupidly forgot to write "Scum / Town" to make it apparent.

I see

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (5): flerp, STONE COLD 64, Grandicap, STONE COLD 64, Grandicap, Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Thranguy, flerp, Mr. F!
Mr. F! (3): Asiina, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, flerp
Thranguy (3): Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, STONE COLD 64, Bifauxnen, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, b-minus1, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Tobbs Gnawed (1): TMMadman
Grandicap (0): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Infinitum (0): flerp, flerp, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Bifauxnen (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
TMMadman (0): Asiina, Asiina
STONE COLD 64 (0): Thranguy, Asiina, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Asiina, Thranguy

Not Voting (1): apostateCourier

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 25th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 1 minute.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

funny you mention that. i've been contemplating moving my vote to thran instead of bif, because it seems that i'm the only one finds her scummy. plus she's pissed me off. bif is notorious for posting walls of text that go on for pages. in previous games, even hinting at the possibility that she is scum results in walls of text that continue for pages and pages. None of that has happened here. Instead, the only thing she's done is tunnel me, and write that pathetic googledoc "journal."if she isn't scum, she's a useless townie.

Morning all,

This here is an example of something that'd normally get me all ragemad. Call me sneaky and scummy all you like, but when you dismiss all the genuine effort I put into Mafia, like I felt Hal did, by saying my posts have "no substance", I just fuckin lose it. However, I've already had such a nice meltdown over it that I just can't seem to work up the energy a second time in the same game.

But even so, it still surprises me, to look at a post like this and feel absolutely nothing. It must be because I'm even more certain this is a scumpost, with none of the lingering paranoia about whether this is how he truly feels. If I wasn't already voting B-, I would now

But one thing I might believe is, he might be genuinely weirded out by the journal thing. So B-, I would like to apologize for posting something that must have seemed utterly bizarre to you if you're not familiar with the peraMYST game. It must have looked like a big effort I made just to mock you so let me assure you it is just a reference to something silly and it only took me like 5 minutes to make by tweaking some text copied from somewhere else.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Apos who are you gonna vote for

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I totally zoned on this game the last 24 hours or so. I really want to take a nap but I'm also leaving in about 2 hours and will not be back before deadline. There is a chance I can make a phone post, but it is very unreliable. I'm going to read the things I've been just skimming over and then lock in my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I caught up and I still kinda don't know if I want to move my vote. I don't think Grandi's case was great. It was a whole lot of reaching about jokephase stuff. The only good part I agree with was the end. I had pointed out that post when it happened, but I like your take on it that how dare anyone have suspicions about him and they should keep them to themselves. That's not how this game is played.

The claim I can take or leave. Acting like it's a big mystery is very lol, but this stuck out to me.

b-minus1 posted:

When I read this post, I thought that SC64 possibly watched apostate courier or tracked me to apostate courier. Which is why I posted this not long after SC64s post:

If you targeted aC and Probst saw you, why would he vote for you? Someone visits another person who doesn't die. How is that vote worthy? You didn't kill her, so you could have been doing anything. That assumption of guilt feels like scum paranoia to me. That's the only thing in all this that really makes me think b- might be sum.

That said, Mr. F came in with such a lazy bandwagon vote I'm finding it hard to justify moving off of him.

• Locked thread