Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Bryan since he's there?

He's already the manager, besides even if he did get promoted that would still leave an open slot that would need to be filled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

doink, because smackdown is a clownshow!

He's dead!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

He's already the manager, besides even if he did get promoted that would still leave an open slot that would need to be filled

Raw doesn't have one...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Raw doesn't have one...

Isn't Stephanie the Commissioner for Raw, she just never shows up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

drrockso20 posted:

Isn't Stephanie the Commissioner for Raw, she just never shows up
She's been dead since Wrestlemania

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

She's been dead since Wrestlemania

Well she did show up on Smackdown when Kevin Owens beat up Vince

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

Well she did show up on Smackdown when Kevin Owens beat up Vince

Maybe she's the commissioner of Smackdown?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

maybe i'm the commissioner of smackraw

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What if Sami and Kevin turn on Smackdown, all because Bryan is the ring leader? They're all tired of Shane being Shane.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hmm yes making Daniel Bryan a heel sounds like an awesome idea, like having KANE squash the gently caress out of Finn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drrockso20 posted:

who do you guys think should replace him as Smackdown Commissioner?

Dario Cueto :shobon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HerraS posted:

hmm yes making Daniel Bryan a heel sounds like an awesome idea, like having KANE squash the gently caress out of Finn

Would making Daniel Bryan a heel result in crowds booing him?

My friend, Bryan is a wrestling deity who can do no wrong in the eyes of the audience. He is beyond face, he is beyond heel. He is Wrestlemania XXX.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince wants that Aztec gold. He wants it bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neville got off the island

https://twitter.com/AsianA3AN/status/923015879029223425

shapedlikeafriend
Oct 24, 2017

plzlikeme
Kinda disappointed that Orton is part of the team, was hoping it was gonna be a midcarder affair but if Orton gives a drat in the match itself then it won't be too bad.
Not sure what they're gonna do with Owens and Sami, but I have a feeling they're gonna get some kind of punishment match where they barely scrap by with a win.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shapedlikeafriend posted:

Kinda disappointed that Orton is part of the team, was hoping it was gonna be a midcarder affair but if Orton gives a drat in the match itself then it won't be too bad.
Not sure what they're gonna do with Owens and Sami, but I have a feeling they're gonna get some kind of punishment match where they barely scrap by with a win.

Their punishment is that they are going to have a match with Bray.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Their punishment is that they are going to have a match with Bray.

Is it a Meningitis on a Swab Match?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

shapedlikeafriend posted:

Survivor Series Orton rules. Plus in kayfabe you absolutely want him on your team because he always comes through in those matches.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They ran Ace vs Ace just a month ago and I'm pretty sure half the thread has already forgotten

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/ThoughtsOn_WWE/status/922670290773168128

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is surely to prep for his move to Smackdown :unsmith:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/TheHtial/status/923083745908875265

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

WWE Discussion: Keep On Sucking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.si.com/2017/10/25/wrestling-news-nia-jax-dwayne-johnson-wwe

SI posted:

Sports Illustrated learned that Jax balked at the idea of losing clean to Sasha Banks at TLC. She called her cousin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, to ask for his advice, and Johnson encouraged her to walk away if she was unhappy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lol nia thinks she's shawn michaels now.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hasn't she already lost to Sasha a bunch anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

hasn't she already lost to Sasha a bunch anyway

I think it's got more to do with it being on the preshow

real soon after she clearly was made aware they lied to her about ever pulling the trigger on that title feud with alexa

and at the same time asuka's debuting so she's never really going to get that feud or spot in the future

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean on the one hand, Nia's jobbed to Sasha a million times so this is a weird time to suddenly get mad about it.

On the other hand, given how they kept flip-flopping on her allegiance to Alexa and have been dragging their feet on a singles match between them forever, I can see it as a "last straw" thing.

On the other other hand, Nia isn't very good and an Alexa/Nia program would've sucked, so I'm not exactly crying here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I'd imagine it's less the loss than a preshow clean loss as a time filler that doesn't even give her a storyline for a month or two.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

On the other other hand, Nia isn't very good and an Alexa/Nia program would've sucked, so I'm not exactly crying here.

Oh yeah it definitely wouldn't have been good

But with Asuka up now, Nikki coming soon, and MYC people obviously coming up soon after that, there's not exactly much more chances to even make anything but preshow from here on

If you want something that involves you having any, let alone consistent, TV time, your window is closing really fast

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Trying to fight for your spot in some way seems better than just languishing in the preshow forever. So good on her for at least trying something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can definitely see why Nia would be frustrated, she was booked pretty strong last year, but it was all smashing jobbers. This year, they've just jerked her around constantly. Like she beats people up all the time but whenever there's actual stakes, she just loses.

- She lost her PPV unbeaten streak at Fastlane to Sasha rolling her up (this was extremely :wtf: but got lost in the shuffle with the rest of the disaster that was Fastlane's booking)
- Got pinned first in the four-way at Wrestlemania (all three women jumped on top of her but who cares, she still got pinned first)
- Tapped to Sasha in the #1 contender match for Great Balls of Fire.
- Tapped to Sasha in the #1 contender match for SummerSlam
- Turned on Alexa after SummerSlam, match got turned into a four-way, then a loving five-way.
- Afterwards, went right back to being Alexa's sidekick.

Like, they still try to portray Nia as a monster but the fact is, they booked her to be a Washington D.C-tier choker. I can see how that'd get extremely frustrating. Her booking hasn't been as visibly terrible as say, Bayley's or Emma's and she hasn't been completely forgotten like Becky or Mickie, but it's still been pretty drat bad.

But again, I really don't know if she's good enough to even be in the title picture, so it's like. I'm conflicted, here.

Eh, actually, I'm not that conflicted. WWE clearly was dangling a championship program in front of her and then they jerked it away. gently caress them, she was right to walk.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 25, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I feel like Nia could tell a very good story in a match with Alexa even if it wouldn't be a technical masterpiece. Just come up with an angle on it and focus on that part of a wrestling match versus trying to pop the audience by doing dumb flashy poo poo.

My suggestion would be doing the match as a send up to flair and having the story be that Alexa uses every cheap trick in the book (and a few flair might have made up entirely and then drunkenly described to third parties later) and have Nia getting more and more frustrated. I'd put Nia over (I'm not considering Asuka here even though we all know it's coming) mostly because by having nia go over we can have a nice run establishing her as a major contender.

I suppose the arc conclusion would be Alexa learning to cheat even betterer and thus earning her right to the title by evolving her tactics past what she thought was her best effort and achieving success by realizing that she needs to always be upping her cheating game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE realized the title match would be heel in peril and 3 people died right there in the writing room realizing they'd have to script a match differently.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good for someone for taking a stand but lol at the person dying on that hill being Nia Jax

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Who?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Google "Lucha Underground"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nia Jax is bad (I think a better way to describe her is absolutely terrible in ring) and should be nowhere near the title picture and I'm glad WWE realized that. If she wants to walk out over her booking that's one thing, but I doubt many people are going to give a poo poo since she was really bad/unsafe in the ring, and her promo skills were mediocre at best. She should honestly still be in developmental.

• Locked thread