Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Tim Storm looks like he could really work a "Karl from Slingblade" gimmick.

i aim to kill you.......r chances at taking the championship from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

EugeneJ posted:

Magnus showed up and challenged Tim Storm for the NWA World Title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGXhS1lPBpY

My favorite part of this is when he does the turnbuckle pose towards the hard camera even though we already saw there is no one sitting on that side

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"Smashing Pumpkins' William Patrick Corgan Lost His Mind and Went Solo"

quote:

William Patrick Corgan lost his mind making what he thought would be the followup to the Smashing Pumpkins' 2014 Monuments to an Elegy.

“I was like, ‘I can’t do this,’” Corgan says. “I just wasn’t interested in the way that you need to be. For years, I’d struggled with trying to turn the page on the Pumpkins thing – not just who’s in the band, but also musically. I always viewed the band as an adaptable vehicle. I didn’t account for generational memory and ‘why can’t you sound like’…pick your year. And that happens to everybody. No one was picking on me. That happens to everybody.”

Inspiration came during a cross-country trip last year in an RV with a few buddies – a pro wrestler and an ex-Marine. “I found myself writing songs again,” Corgan says. “Because I didn’t define it, it didn’t matter to me what the songs were for.”

Some of those songs would end up on Corgan’s brand-new solo album, Ogilala; he attributes his creative resurgence to breaking out of a bubble.

Wonder which wrestler inspired the album that is sure to finance the NWA into future relevance

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The only person I remember being somewhat close with him in TNA -and there might be others - is Mike Bennett. Maybe Crazzzy Steve too?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The only person I remember being somewhat close with him in TNA -and there might be others - is Mike Bennett. Maybe Crazzzy Steve too?

Dave Lagana, but he left after Corgan did.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Was the Ex Marine John Triton?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

grack posted:

Dave Lagana, but he left after Corgan did.

Lagana is a lot of things, but a wrestler he ain't.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dave Lagana is a dumb idiot that thinks 30 spastic camera cuts is the height of cinematography.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

coconono posted:

Dave Lagana is a dumb idiot that thinks 30 spastic camera cuts is the height of cinematography.

Kevin Dunn can miss a move in one cut that somebody like Lagana needs 30 to miss. That's how you know he's an artist.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Funny trolling by Billy. Recognise the building?

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/923983274032205825

It is the last offices the Dixie era of TNA occupied. Cummins Station

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rovert posted:

Funny trolling by Billy. Recognise the building?

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/923983274032205825

It is the last offices the Dixie era of TNA occupied. Cummins Station

billy is going to murder-suicide dixie one night after tweeting "IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU THEN NOBODY CAN" and it's all going to have been so obvious looking back

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope NWA vs. TNA becomes the wrestling war that shocks the world to its core.

With laughter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I hope NWA vs. TNA becomes the wrestling war that shocks the world to its core.

With laughter

Tim Storm vs. EC3 in a roid pile on a pole match

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 28, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RZApublican posted:

Tim Storm vs. EC3 in a roid pile on a pole match

No way Tim Storm makes it past Magnus, but then we get to see what happens when Magnus finally enters the Impact Zone!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Phenix Rising posted:

No way Tim Storm makes it past Magnus, but then we get to see what happens when Magnus finally enters the Impact Zone!

Tim "Swole Mike Ditka" Storm can make it anywhere he wants provided he doesn't want to make it anywhere.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It's official Tim Storm vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is set for 11/12 at the next set of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood tapings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnhA2pT5aY

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

It's official Tim Storm vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is set for 11/12 at the next set of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood tapings.

Pro: This was a pretty solid video outside of Billy Corgan. I'm somewhat interested in Storm vs. Aldis now.

Con: Most of the video was Billy Corgan.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Seriously, hit pause when Billy Corgan's face first appears

Like, the second he shows up, hit pause

Look at that face

That is a "Mom is late picking me up to the mall" face

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 1, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Watching the other two parts, they do a really good job of making Tim Storm a likable babyface. Which makes it all the more baffling that they made part three mostly about Billy. :psyduck:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Goddamnit, I agree, those videos were amazing. Quoting from the podcast thread:

Storm is obviously retaining here, right? Because holy poo poo if they're making Tim Storm a top babyface for a while then they really need to build up the one who'll win his title, and I'm pretty sure they know that. Aldis will probably have his time in the sun at some point, but I can't see him taking the title off Storm that easily unless Storm's going to win it back again soon. (Also, lmao at the fact that TNA owns the much cooler name Magnus.)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smart money would be to get the belt off him and onto someone with better chance of not dying of heart failure mid match. Magnus is not that person.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol he's sticking with this "William Patrick Corgan" thing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bring in Dr Nick Dinsmore

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I keep on watching these dumb things and I have no idea why.

1. Wrestling really is the playground of batshit millioniares. Billy bought the NWA rights because he's mad at Dixie. Like a neighbor with a motorcycle.

2. I'm oddly pumped to the see the title match? The juxtaposition of Harley Race and Butch Reed vs Aldis and Storm is gonna be a fight for the heavens.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So on a whim, I checked Rob Van Dam's Cagematch profile, and his last match was in Australia, in August, for an NWA affiliate.

What if

guys

what if Rob Van Dam beats Tim Storm?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I figured it was a foregone conclusion that Aldis would win, but there videos have done a good job of making me want to pull for Storm. It'd also just stink in general to have the guy who has been holding the title get swept away for the sake of attempting to create buzz with Aldis, but wouldn't surprise me.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Phenix Rising posted:

It'd also just stink in general to have the guy who has been holding the title get swept away for the sake of attempting to create buzz with Aldis, but wouldn't surprise me.

It's Tim Storm. There's very few people in wrestling who would do less for business with a title than Magnus, but one of them is Tim Storm.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dsriggs posted:

It's Tim Storm. There's very few people in wrestling who would do less for business with a title than Magnus, but one of them is Tim Storm.

I just feel bad for the guy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The NWA title has literally not mattered for decades now. Taking the belt off a 50+ year old roid gut isn't a major demotion when there hasn't been a peak since maybe the 80s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

The NWA title has literally not mattered for decades now. Taking the belt off a 50+ year old roid gut isn't a major demotion when there hasn't been a peak since maybe the 80s

Let's just ignore the fact that the NWA title was worn by the baddest man on the planet during the 90s.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The 90s were 2 decades ago!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

The 90s were 2 decades ago!

No other promotion has had their title held by the current baddest man on the planet since. The NWA is the most relevant promotion.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i hope they keep it on tim storm forever

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

checksin posted:

i hope they keep it on tim storm forever

If Billy Corgan bankrupts the NWA like he probably will then there is a very real chance that Tim Storm is going to be the final NWA champion

This Perfect Storm is gonna last forever :allears:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i'm guessing tim storm will defend it once or twice for old time's sake until they figure out who their ace will be (not magnus lmao)
come on down, uh, jack swagger?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd pop for a Swagger vs Sami Callihan NWA title bout.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

No other promotion has had their title held by the current baddest man on the planet since. The NWA is the most relevant promotion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm the buzzcut wearing jorts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wherever you can find a man still wearing jnco, there you will find zandig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I have never been so wrong.