Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Based on nothing I hope Gundham dies because he sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Dog Kisser posted:

Don't worry, he is going to. I have a feeling the explanation is going to make me rage a little though as it will no doubt involve hamsters drawing accurate blueprints of the building for him.

I don't know why this is so hard to accept when we already have an evil teddy bear and a robot man and all the other weird poo poo, but it just is. I have owned hamsters. They are stupid.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Zoe posted:

Don't worry, he is going to. I have a feeling the explanation is going to make me rage a little though as it will no doubt involve hamsters drawing accurate blueprints of the building for him.

I don't know why this is so hard to accept when we already have an evil teddy bear and a robot man and all the other weird poo poo, but it just is. I have owned hamsters. They are stupid.

But these are no mere hamsters! They are the Dark Divas of Destruction(tm)!

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Are the hamsters even needed for anything? We know he accessed the death room which he could use to go between houses like Nagito and also give him the layout of the house. I don’t remember how the elevator was broken, but couldn’t he have broken it and never used it to throw confusion?

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Dog Kisser posted:

:arghfist::(

This trial does drag on in an LP format, huh? The trials always seem better paced when you are playing them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They all feel a bit long, I think.

Dog Kisser posted:

:stare:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
While I still think Gundham did it, "He heard the alarm even though he shouldn't have heard it" is circumstantial evidence at best, especially considering they're taking everyone's accounts at face value without wondering whether they're lying or not. I hope we get something harder to pin him to the crime.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Will the hamsters be executed too? :ohdear:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: You're the only one!

: Gundham... There's something I want to ask you.
: ...

: When the alarm rang at the Strawberry House lounge, you rushed over there too, right?

: ...What's wrong with that?
: If the bell of catastrophe rings throughout the night, it is the universe's providence to stop it...
: ...Why were you able to hear it?
: Hear what...?
: I mean, you were also staying in a Deluxe Room, right? Nagito was staying in a Deluxe Room in the same house on the same floor...and he couldn't even hear it...

: So why were you able to hear that alarm!?
: H-Huh...? Now that you mention it...!
: G-Gundham...?

: There is only one possibility... You weren't in your room at the time. That's why, even though you were staying in a Deluxe Room, you still went to the lounge, am I right?
: Gundham... Um...you have some sort of explanation, right...?

: Gundham probably couldn't return to his room because of Fuyuhiko.
: M-Me...?

: After you saw Nekomaru heading to the tower, you stayed at the lounge for a while, am I correct?

: Until the moment that alarm started ringing...right?

: If you were in the lounge for that long, the killer who had left earlier obviously wouldn't be able to go back.
: Even though Mechamaru's murder...was a death trap that utilized the alarm in his chest, the killer still needed to prepare the murder in advance.
: Like putting Nekomaru in sleep mode...and tying him up with the wire...
: In order to do that, the killer needed to be waiting for Nekomaru at the tower...

: Which means when Fuyuhiko witnessed Nekomaru, the killer was already at the tower.

: And...once they tried to go back, they couldn't because Fuyuhiko was at the lounge...
: In their original plan...the killer should've returned to their room before the alarm in the lounge went off. And...they were supposed to stay in their room... They weren't planning to come out and go to the lounge.
: Which means...they wouldn't have heard the alarm or the rumbling sound, thus proving they were in the room...
: Just like us...

: The best-case scenario would've been if those two in the lounge had gone to check the Deluxe Rooms... After all, if they personally saw the killer sleeping in their room, it gives the killer a stronger alibi.
: Unfortunately...they failed to secure that alibi...
: Because...I was in the lounge...

: So the killer couldn't go back to their room, and ended up hearing the lounge's alarm...

: H-Hey! What are you doing!?
: This raucous... It's louder than the supreme ruler of the Netherworld bellowing for a sacrifice...!
: Don't go making all that noise so suddenly!

: But why'd you come out? You shoulda hid till the excitement died down...
: If Gundham tried to hide, and if those two went to his room to check on him, he would've been found out. That would've been the worst possible outcome... That's why he couldn't just stay hidden.
: If those two had just checked the Deluxe Rooms as planned, that would've been ideal but... How ironic... The moment Fuyuhiko set foot in the lounge, your plan was doomed.

: G-Gundham...? Please...can you at least say something...?

: Answer me this... Including myself and my Four Dark Devas of Destruction, how many ears do we possess?
: ...Huh?
: The answer is ten... That's right, I possess ten ears...

: That means I have five times the hearing of a normal human! The soundproof system here may as well not exist!
: Is that...your argument?
: You bastard... Do you understand the situation you're in right now!?

: D-Do not panic... The truth...shall now commence...!
: At the time, I left my room to go to the bathroom. By coincidence, I heard the alarm.
: That's right, that's all it was... The world is always so simple.
: Are you saying it was just a coincidence? Isn't that timing a little too perfect?
: And yet, I'm being suspected by all of you... It seems it was actually horrible timing on my part.

Music cuts out.

: I see... You're still holding out...

: Well, you don't have to admit it. We're going to decide who the killer is with a majority vote anyway.
: So...why don't we just go ahead and start voting? It's obvious that Gundham is the killer.
: H-Hold on a sec...
: ...You know, Hajime...

: This class trial...this killing... It's merely the opening act, you know.
: Heeeeey! What do you mean the class trial is just the opening act!?
: Perhaps I should say...it's just a farce?
: Just a boring farce... So boring, so stressful... I'm so painfully bored that I might develop stomach ulcers...
: Seriously! Let's just hurry up and finish this before I collapse from poor health!

: Nagito...something definitely happened to you, didn't it?
: ...Hm?
: At some point during the investigation, your behavior became even weirder... What...what actually happened? Did you discover something?
: Well, let's just leave that fun for later, and finish this opening act already...
: Ah, you said opening act again!

: P-Please hold on! We have yet to hear Gundham's rebuttal!
: But he's completely shut up. Perhaps he can't argue anymore...
: Gundham!

Music fades out.

: Kehehe...I was simply at a loss for words after being dumbfounded by your pathetic assumption...

: In fact, I shall deny the very basis! Your assumption has been wrong since the beginning!
: S-Since the beginning...?

: Based on your assumption, I hung Nekomaru from the 4th floor of the tower, and made the floor descend to the 1st floor... From there, after returning to Strawberry House, I was present when the alarm at the lounge went off, correct?
: Although going to and fro is busy enough as it is... How would I be able to travel between both houses anyway?
: I see...the contact elevator was broken...

: As I recall, the killer tampered with the Grape House control panel, which shut down the elevator... Plus, the stopped elevator should've been facing the Grape House side.
: If so, the human who used the elevator would have left it at Grape House...
: For these reasons, it's an indisputable fact that the killer destroyed the elevator at Grape House!
: And what's wrong with that...?

: If the elevator was broken at Grape House, you wouldn't be able to return to Strawberry House.
: However, I was already at Strawberry House. I was present when the alarm in the lounge started ringing...
: Which means...your assumption is clearly wrong!
: A-Are you serious...!? And here I thought it's already been decided...!

: Fuhaha, have you learned your lesson, pitiful humans!? You cannot overcome this contradiction!

That's wrong... When something is obviously wrong, that's when a contradiction is born...

There's no such thing as a contradication that can't be overcome!

: That elevator was...
: ...the only means of travel between the two houses.
: As long as that elevator was broken...
: ...your assumption collapses!
: Plus, the elevator was...
: broken at Grape House.
: If the killer cannot return to Strawberry House...
: Since I was at Strawberry House at that time...
: There's no question that the following crime is impossible!
: It would've been different if they had an accomplice...
: Or is there was a secret passageway...
: How much longer do you plan to lecture me...?
: Why...don't we stop this already...?

A contradiction is when something is obviously wrong... There's no contradiction I can't shoot through... I'm going to find out what that is. For the sake of everyone's hope...I'll shoot through the contradiction!

: There has to be a way to get back and forth between the houses otherwise no one person would have been able to accomplish the murder. And there's been no evidence pointing towards the killer having an accomplice... Actually wait, there probably is a secret passageway between the houses! How else did Nagito suddenly appear? But our Truth Bullets won't help here. Instead...

> Absorb "secret passageway"

> Shoot "the only means of travel"

: No, there should've been another way to move between the two houses without the elevator.
: ...S-Such a method does not exist!
: Then why don't we ask the person who actually used that method?

: Nagito, you should know...!
: Huh? What are you talking about?
: Don't play dumb... You appeared so suddenly that one time because you used that method, right?

: N-Nagito!? Why are you here!?
: ...Because I showed up.

: There's a secret passage connecting the 1st floor of Strawberry House to the 3rd floor of Grape House.
: ...Isn't that right?
: *sigh* Jeez, once again, I let the Reserve Course show off...
: But you're right. There's a door on the floor of the Octagon, which is on the 1st floor of Strawberry House.

: After I opened the door and went down...

: Surprise, surprise! I ended up in the Monokuma Archive, which is on the 3rd floor of Grape House!

: Meaning...the 3rd floor and the 4th floor are actually connected.
: Plus, once you've cleared the Final Dead Room once, you can pass through it as many times as you want.
: If they used that secret passage... They could've gone between the two houses as much as they wanted.

: Infinity Unlimited Flame!

: However...what if the killer was unaware of the existence of the Final Dead Room...?
: There's no way they didn't know.
: That is merely an illusion you have fabricated from your own suspicion!

: Hmph, if you value your life...you should stop with your scrutiny...
: ...There's no way I can stop!
: What...did...you...say...!?

: Don't make me angry! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Oh, Gundham :allears: (But OP, you're kind of a bastard for leaving it there, because the sword challenge here is... well, you'll see. :allears: )

FPzero posted:

: D-Do not panic... The truth...shall now commence...!

A shame that this face is only used once... such a good face, too.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I love how done Nagito is with this entire trial. I have to wonder how Megumi Ogata sold this in the original version.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I love how Nagito just never passes up an opportunity to get in a jab at Super Highschool Reserve Course Student Hajime now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That facial twitch was great. You can just see the wheels spinning in his mind as he tries to come up with some new craziness to spew.

Zoe posted:

I love how Nagito just never passes up an opportunity to get in a jab at Super Highschool Reserve Course Student Hajime now.

Yeah, but what kind of filthy, talentless weirdo pays to go to high school?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

FPzero posted:

: Infinity Unlimited Flame!

As you may have guessed, the Japanese audio features Gundham shouting beautiful Engrish.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, but what kind of filthy, talentless weirdo pays to go to high school?
Indeed, he should have it fall into his lap without any effort whatsoever! That's the sign of a truly exceptional superwhatever student!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

My favorite part is that they're jabs at the other ultimate for letting hajime outperform them as much as they are digs at him personally.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
One thing still really bothers me about this - I just can't see the Ultimate Coach heading down to exercise on his own.

Surely he would have woken everyone else up and given them a rousing talk to get their blood pumping?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Gorilla Salad posted:

One thing still really bothers me about this - I just can't see the Ultimate Coach heading down to exercise on his own.

Surely he would have woken everyone else up and given them a rousing talk to get their blood pumping?

He did go down there half an hour early. Maybe he wanted everyone to get a few more minutes of rest instead of waking them up himself?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

dancingbears posted:

As you may have guessed, the Japanese audio features Gundham shouting beautiful Engrish.

I need audio of this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sadly, it's not on YouTube. From what I've seen anyway.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I need audio of this.

Sure thing!

Spoiler warning, though! This plays through the rest of the trial. And while this is a complete playthrough of DR2 in Japanese (and DR1 is there too), the LPer is very good at stopping to think and try and answer all the mysteries herself, and she gets it right pretty often!

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 26, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

Round One

: Even if the turbid box does not exist... You could travel through multiple planes...
: Provided you use a spacious wormhole...
: However how frail, frail, I say!
: Your decayed illusion...
: Shall I feed you to the progeny of vile deities!?

Advance!

: I already proved a secret passage exists!
: The secret passage was at the Octagon!

Round Two

: Know the limits of your own reasoning...!
: You say the killer went to the Octagon?
: Don't bark you cur!
: If you don't want to drown in the maelstrom of blind confusion...
: At least pray to the key which dwells in the light!

He probably means, "Try providing the evidence that the killer went to the Octagon," right? If that's the case, I should have it, too. The key which dwells in the light...that will break through the darkness...

: The proof that the killer went to the Octagon...lies within the items used in the murder that could have only come from the Octagon itself!

Slice "maelstrom of blind confusion" with "Wire"

: The wire used to string up Nekomaru's body... The hammer that looked like the weapon... And the chain on the door in the tower...
: Those are all the items that *weren't* in the Funhouse! Where did the killer obtain them!?
: The only place I can think of...is the Octagon.

: There were various weapons and tools there... I'm pretty sure I saw stuff like wires, hammers, and chains too.

: Since those items were used in the crime, there's no doubt that the killer went to the Octagon!
: ...Kh!
: If that's the case...they obviously know about the secret passage too, right?
: ...Khhh!

Music fades out.

: It seems...this is the end. Normally, we'd end up listening to Hajime lecture us with a veeery long summary of the case...
: But there's no reason to waste anymore time on this opening act, so I'm going to end this right now!
: H-Hey...what are you...!?

: The elevator was probably broken by that point. Thanks to that, Nekomaru wasn't able to go to Grape Tower, which was supposed to be the meet up point... So he tried going over to Strawberry Tower.
: (The game has actually engaged autoscroll and I can't turn off the borders while Nagito is talking here! Nagito you jerk!)

: Also, the button in Strawberry Hall wasn't broken, so he was easily able to enter Strawberry Tower...

: H-Hold on...if Nekomaru didn't go to Strawberry Tower, what would the killer have done then?
: Their plan was a balancing act of uncertainties, but even if they failed, they probably wouldn't have minded. They can just greet everyone the next morning as if nothing happened, and come up with a different plan.
: And...without such a risky plan, they wouldn't have been able to lure him at all.
: ...I'm going to continue summarizing the case, okay?

: There's no way he could fight head-on with the robotic Nekomaru...

Music cuts out.

: Hm...! Hold on...y-you, what did you just say? ...That...I didn't battle...!?
: ...Hm? What's wrong with that?
: Don't...mess with me...!

: Don't mess with meeeeee! I cannot ignore those words!
: ...Why are you angry all of a sudden?

: You fools...do not understand... You don't understand at all...!
: Ha! You make me laugh! After all this time, you still don't understand anything at all!
: I don't understand anything...? What does that mean?
: ...It appears...I cannot finish just yet...!
: Maybe I'm just a human destined for hell! However...I cannot finish just yet!

: I cannooooooooooooot fiiiiiiiniiiiiiiish!
: What do you intend to do...?
: It's obvious! I'm going to destroy your illusory assumptions!
: Are you saying...you still have more? You still have room to argue...?

: Your words... You said I pressed Nekomaru's Good Night Button. However, that button was on the back of Nekomaru's neck. To press it, I'd have to get behind him...!
: It's not easy to get the drop on coach Nekomaru!
: It's even more difficult...if it's a one-on-one situation.
: Just as I thought, truly frail... succumbing so easily to this simple argument...it was just a mere illusion...

: Fuhahahaha! If you want to set me up as the killer, at least surpass your own human limitations!
: That's wrong, Gundham...
: You're the one...who's wrong!
: Hmph, such a wonderful line... However, I cannot say that I'm satisfied.

: Listen well! I shall teach you two tips for making someone admit their defeat!
: First, you must crush them with your own overwhelming power... And as for the other...
: ...You must provide a reason that will persuade that human!
: You...have not fulfilled either of those yet!

I guess you really don't want to admit it...

Then...just as you requested...

I will provide an argument that'll leave you no choice but to be persuaded!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
can't wait to hangman's gambit "combat hamsters"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Komaeda hijacking the protagonist's seat again and pointing out that Gundam is clearly guilty is great.

Gundam becoming even MORE ridiculously over the top is also great. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
But it wasn't a one on one situation. Gundham has his hamsters. They could certainly scurry up Nekomaru's clothing. In fact, because he was robotic, he was probably the only one who wouldn't notice that happening.

Still, I gotta say that I was not expecting Gundham to be a killer, I pegged him for a victim. Even though he's almost certainly the killer, I kinda feel a little sorry for him, in fact.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
You need to watch the video for this update. How Gundam goes about this stuff is great.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

No way, to maximise the pain it will be "gundham totally used the hamsters, you guys"

The letter "u" will only appear 1/20 times.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Venuz Patrol posted:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

No way, to maximise the pain it will be "gundham totally used the hamsters, you guys"

The letter "u" will only appear 1/20 times.

Please use correct terminology. You make Gundham sad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The best part of being a bad guy is getting to gloat about what you've done, after all.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I forgot that Nagito even tries to hijack the Closing Argument for this case. Such a great character. :allears:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Please use correct terminology. You make Gundham sad.

Oh poo poo, they're totally going to make you spell out "4 Dark Devas of Destruction" aren't they

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm sad we won't get anymore Gundham rants once he's dead, he has such a good voice actor.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Poor Gundham, so melodramatic, and yet upstaged in his big dramatic moment by somebody that's tired of this poo poo and just wants to be the protagonist so it's over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zoe posted:

I'm sad we won't get anymore Gundham rants once he's dead, he has such a good voice actor.

Was that this game or the DR3 anime where he was voiced by someone from TeamFourStar?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I'm a little sad that Gundham is going.

I'm very sad that Sonia is sad that Gundham is going. :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FoolyCharged posted:

Poor Gundham, so melodramatic, and yet upstaged in his big dramatic moment by somebody that's tired of this poo poo and just wants to be the protagonist so it's over.

Well he seemed somewhat ok with it up until Nagito tried to downplay him then he got really vocal.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I just noticed a thing.

Of the dead people's portraits, only three have special art for their X's: Teruteru (fork+knife), Peko (sword+bag), and Mikan (medical cross).

I think Monokuma's giving extra flair to the killers' portraits. Now I'm looking forward to the hamster-X on Gundham.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh gently caress you Nagito. This entire case you've done nothing but making continuous snide comments, belittled the other characters, and gone "what you don't get it? You're really dumb aren't you", without doing any actual work, and now you try to claim the merit? gently caress you.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Mikl posted:

Oh gently caress you Nagito. This entire case you've done nothing but making continuous snide comments, belittled the other characters, and gone "what you don't get it? You're really dumb aren't you", without doing any actual work, and now you try to claim the merit? gently caress you.

Actually he knew most of the stuff. He just chose to not tell us because he's a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I like how Gundham appears to be bringing up an objection because you didn't give the 4 Dark Devas of Destruction enough credit.

• Locked thread