Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

Rotting in the upside-down.

Real talk, Shannon Purser got a recurring gig on Jason Katims’ new show, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Ethel becomes a victim of The Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Riverdale Season 2: Better than True Detective Season 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Any show in the history of television season 2: Better than True Detective Season 2.

I fixed that for you.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I fixed that for you.

Even Heroes?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Not as good as greatest show of all time = worst show of all time

- the Internet

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol, True Detective sucks bro.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really enjoyed TD S2, but I am super into trashy noir and have been in love with Rachel McAdams since The Hot Chick, so I may be biased.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Lol, True Detective sucks bro.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know.

Wait, am I ONLY supposed to like The Wire?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know.

Wait, am I ONLY supposed to like The Wire?

Nah, you're allowed to like Michael Schur comedies too since he occasionally references The Wire

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

Nah, you're allowed to like Michael Schur comedies too since he occasionally references The Wire

Too confusing, I'm just going to keep liking poo poo television...

Like Riverdale, Wednesdays at 8:00 on the CW.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Riverdale is good television though. It has my friends Cheryl and Jughead.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CottonWolf posted:

He protected her with his body or something. It's too a weird choice to bring her in just to kill her immediately.

This is exactly what happens.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There were so many shots fired, they're both badly injured imo and if he isn't dead, he sure as gently caress ain't waking up any time soon.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I guess my beef is that I never considered either character to be expendable in the comics so they either unceremoniously wrote them off or their big bad has a 1 - 3 record.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I guess my beef is that I never considered either character to be expendable in the comics so they either unceremoniously wrote them off or their big bad has a 1 - 3 record.

This is Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa we're talking about here. Every character outside the core crew is expendable.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Midge and Moose being such well established Archie characters is what made their murder so shocking and impactful to me. Kudos to the writers for that, but they were such promising characters *sigh*. Maybe this is setting a foundation for zombies.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tbf Grundy is the same level as Moose and Midge in the comics so this could happen

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

Tbf Grundy is the same level as Moose and Midge in the comics so this could happen

Yeah, but she wasn’t the real Geraldine Grundy, she was Jennifer Gibson. The real Ms. Grundy will show up later, the sister of the dead Ms. Grundy who Jennifer Gibson impersonated.

And her name will also be Geraldine Grundy.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Don't read this if you don't want to know the status of Midge and Moose:

Midge is unharmed, Moose was shot but is up and talking during the next episode. So the black hood is REALLY bad at his job.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So pretty much what I figured. Nuts Midge didn't get hurt. Must be a pretty low calibre gun. Or Moose is just that thicc.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It would be funny if like Archie, this will become the Superhero origin for Midge and as the season goes on the Black Hood will repeatedly fail to kill people and accidentally create new problems for him later down the line.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

LesterGroans posted:

Don't read this if you don't want to know the status of Midge and Moose:

So the black hood is REALLY bad at his job.

How would you even manage that? He shot several times from point blank, while Moose was just sitting there.
New theory: This was a false flag operation. The role of the killer is shared between Dilton and Moose. Dilton is the shooter, Moose is the strangler... Dilton kinda sucks at this.
The more I think about this stupid theory the more sense it makes. Dilton is kind of a lunatic and he actually figured out that Ms Grundy was seducing students. Maybe he just wanted Grundy dead and keeps almost killing people to make this look like the work of a deranged serial killer without clear motive. I bet he has tight alibi for the night of her death.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 24, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

cant cook creole bream posted:

How would you even manage that? He shot several times from point blank, while Moose was just sitting there.
New theory: This was a false flag operation. The role of the killer is shared between Dilton and Moose. Dilton is the shooter, Moose is the strangler... Dilton kinda sucks at this.
The more I think about this stupid theory the more sense it makes. Dilton is kind of a lunatic and he actually figured out that Ms Grundy was seducing students. Maybe he just wanted Grundy dead and keeps almost killing people to make this look like the work of a deranged serial killer without clear motive. I bet he has tight alibi for the night of her death.

I'm suspicious of Dilton too, and I like the idea of a Dilton/Moose partnership like Moe/Mercer from Veronica Mars.

It also explains why the Black Hood is such a gently caress up if those two are behind it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cant cook creole bream posted:

If the plot to this season was just Scream, I would be so down.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is the dumbest theory but I also totally dig it.

Dilton is low key one of the funnier character adaptions on this show. Like I have to keep reminding myself "wait, that's dilton???"

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
We had fun with our decorations this year.

https://twitter.com/Sex_Archie/status/923003206770266112

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Who da fuq paints pumpkins instead of carving them, smh

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the goddamn Red Circle, this fuckin show

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
oh poo poo, jughead got grabbed by the ghoulies

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoctorWhat posted:

the goddamn Red Circle, this fuckin show

The Red Circle
Jingle Jangle/JJ
The Serpents' more threatening, more violent rivals - The Ghoulies

The fact that Dark Betty is a concept that the characters talk to each other about, using the phrase "Dark Betty"

This fuckin' show :allears:

DoctorWhat posted:

oh poo poo, jughead got grabbed by the ghoulies

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Archie just made an ISIS video!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
boy, that was some incredibly gratuitous shirtlessness at the end even by this show's standards

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Barry Convex posted:

boy, that was some incredibly gratuitous shirtlessness at the end even by this show's standards

What was with the two guys on the left who didn't get the memo*? Totally blew the symmetry of the shot.

Man, drunk Hermione taunting Veronica about how she'll never be part of the "family business" - then polishing off her glass while stink-eyeing her own daughter? That's the good poo poo I tune in for.

(*They met the casting call for "dudes in Vancouver with insanely jacked guns" but had extensive torso tats that couldn't readily be covered by makeup.)

What if Cole Sprouse was @dril

https://twitter.com/colesprouse/status/902662638290788354

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 26, 2017

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Barry Convex posted:

My punchline idea was "Jeez, they certainly went a weird direction with the sequel to Spring Breakers".

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Kevin's dad remains the best parent in Riverdale.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
Did the Hamilton reference get a groan from anyone else?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It'll probably get one from me when I watch it tonight.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This episode had way more "wait, are these people in grade 10?" moments than usual.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mameluke posted:

This episode had way more "wait, are these people in grade 10?" moments than usual.

Relax, Mameluke. Have some rum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I don't know why they're all so worried about Jingle Jangle when Riverdale High obviously has a steroid hookup.

Polly's "I NEED to get the gently caress OUT of HERE!!" was the most rational thing in this episode.

• Locked thread