Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like Ben a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I like Ben a lot

he was totally faking that for sympathy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

just kidding

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Can't even get a coffee sponsor any more.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

this loving challenge lmao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol poor Ryan

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

With almost any other challenge we could get one of those "I didn't believe I could do it, even though we lost, but I did it" mini-inspirational things.

But its a little hard to get an inspirational thing from sucking at being a worm then being physically tossed onto the mat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, he didn't win but you can't fault his hustle

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Love a scene about how funny Ryan is, illustrated with completely unremarkable footage

I Guess You Had To Be There

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jessica really scored by getting Cole, huh?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cole slowly transforming into Winnie the Pooh

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This Cole eating montage is weak and I will settle for nothing less than the disgusting roast pig bite and spit challenge.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am cool with Mike having an idol, but maybe they shouldn't keep the idols in the same place on different beaches post-swap

I would be losin it if Joe was able to idol hoard effectively because of that

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

pro-tier use of "balls" and "holes" in this challenge

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Will the fake idol save Chrissy?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

yellow team is a bunch of cowards

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Seems like one of Chrissy's tribemates should have been more forceful about making her step down, especially after the second time she messed up. She was asking if anyone else wanted to go!

Not getting a good feeling about Roark's chances based on the post-challenge confessional

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

that was a horrific spider

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

blue squares posted:

I thought it was dropping from a line while carrying a nut on its back. I'm ok with the gross bulge.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I'm really behind, just getting to Ryan apologizing after the challenge, but they're really reaching for challenges if they watched seals on the beach and thought "Hey that's a great idea!" Yet another challenge I'd never do because gently caress getting sand on your face.

I haven't gotten the misogynist vibe from Ryan, I've taken everything as being self-depreciating jokes to go along with the nerdy vibe, but maybe I missed a comment he's made.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

I'm a huge arachnophobe but those sorts of spiders are usually like an eighth of an inch long at most, that was just an extreme closeup

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Roark owns

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Chrissy is working really hard to stay in the game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Chrissy is working really hard to stay in the game.

I think she's working hard to get voted out lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaha Roark owns

She is a weird one

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

She is a weird one

I like her straight shooting

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a bad decision

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

blue squares posted:

I think she's working hard to get voted out lol
:boom:

Terrible decision

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That sucks. I figured it would happen given how much attention Chrissy has already received

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ryan didn't say it but I think he wanted to shield himself behind JP who is gonna be gone after early in the merge and Chrissy, who is the kind of person that draws heat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At least the dead idol is still in the game. I really hope it burns someone's rear end

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"No matter what, I'm going to be alienating someone close to me (so I better pick the scenario where the person I alienate stays in the game)" — Ryan, Social Game Genius

Obviously Chrissy had to do whatever she could to stay alive, but the Girls Alliance lie should also be pretty blatant as soon as JP sees the other two girls voted for Chrissy

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

There is value in building up Chrissy as a decoy I guess.

lmao preview

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
another respectable loss confessional

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

The Bloop posted:

another respectable loss confessional

Yeah, class act.

I can just tell Chrissy's is going to be snotty and simpering.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I feel like I watched a different episode from everyone else, because I was really impressed by Chrissy there. Sure, *we* know that she probably overplayed because Ryan and JP were probably never voting her out, but *she* didn't know that and the girl's-alliance thing was a great way to lock up a hesitant JP as a vote against Roark.

I also can't really critique the choice to target Roark. The tribe is only 5 people, and her only other realistic choice was Ali and if she targeted Ali there was a good chance Ryan would rebel.

Basically, Chrissy owns and is going to win. :colbert:

ETA: I guess I should clarify that the anti-Chrissy sentiment I saw isn't really so much in this thread (only a little bit), but is all over the Survivor subreddit right now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo are you telling me Reddit is terrible?

:wtf:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought it was a pretty scrappy play, too, and I've generally enjoyed her this season. Her getting all huffy about Roark would have been funny if it blew up in her face, and it was funny when it turned out her confidence was earned.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'll get negative about Chrissy. She played terribly in this episode. We needed a 'Debbie balance beam' type flashback cause she was delusional regarding the challenge.

On the other hand I was worried about a full Healers tribe at the merge.

Shneak fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
She didn't bail as hard as she suggested at Tribal Council, but after she messed up the second time, there was an extended period of

Chrissy: "Does anyone else want to go?"
Roark: "...do you want ME to go.........I'll go if you want me to....or do you want ALI to go..."
Chrissy: "If anyone else wants to go they can..."

and then nobody stepped up so Chrissy just went again. The rest of the tribe was weirdly waiting for Chrissy to say "I am not participating in this challenge anymore and I want this person to take my place," so I don't blame her for how she handled it.

I said earlier I don't know how Chrissy's deflection toward Roark will hold up long-term, but if she felt like she was definitely going to go then she didn't really have many other options. Especially if Ryan wasn't willing to tell Ali "Hey, I have a person who will vote with us, so let's not vote her out." I didn't get the impression that Chrissy and JP were particularly close, so I could see her feeling enough heat to need to give him a reason to stick with her.

• Locked thread