Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
TBH, I feel like it would've been better to file the serial numbers off and make it "Chao-inspired", but I also don't think Sega will bother taking it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chao Garden would make an excellent mobile game. I mean I still wouldn't like it, but for those that do, mobile would be the best platform for it.

But what I will enjoy is Sonic Forces, which will be out in just two short weeks.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chao Garden would make an excellent mobile game. I mean I still wouldn't like it, but for those that do, mobile would be the best platform for it.

But what I will enjoy is Sonic Forces, which will be out in just two short weeks.

Counterpoint: Chao Garden would be a good mobile game if I wasn't utterly convinced it would be Dungeon Keeper 2 Mobile levels of microtransactiony.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArfJason posted:

what is this post

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Even though we're all adults now, a couple times a year, you still gotta bust a move to Sonic just for old times sake.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/esrbratings/status/922860800108367872
Sonic Mania is getting a physical release, on Switch. Probably other consoles too.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Discendo Vox posted:

Even though we're all adults now, a couple times a year, you still gotta bust a move to Sonic just for old times sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM0P56mozRs

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Cool now sell me the loving soundtrack

And not a vinyl

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Put Taxman 123KCD on there as well or don't bother.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I've made it through the Penders era of Sonic comics. I mean, I'm not up to the reboot event yet, but Ian Flynn is in charge now.

The comics have been... a heck of a roller coaster. There's some real good stuff in there, but there's also some real stinkers.

Also there's no taxman and stealth S3K :(

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Fawf posted:

Cool now sell me the loving soundtrack

And not a vinyl

Why is it still so hard to get a ZIP of FLACs these days?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/esrbratings/status/922860800108367872
Sonic Mania is getting a physical release, on Switch. Probably other consoles too.
Nope, false alarm:

https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/922950389120475136

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a forces demo on the Japanese Switch eshop

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

And it lets you play for all of a minute

And the minute you get isn't very good

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

And it lets you play for all of a minute

And the minute you get isn't very good

Lol they know full well this game blows.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
I thought the actual game feel was fine but not really enough there to tell me if there's anything backing those mechanics or not

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sort of related to the thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8hps9Thcw

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

forces may be terrible but at least I can be this sick af monstrosity

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Skeletome posted:

forces may be terrible but at least I can be this sick af monstrosity

I can't believe we're letting loving robotniks into the resistance

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's Starlord, in deviantart form

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've been kinda negative on Forces for awhile but I still had $5 on it just in case I decided to get it anyway and it had some preorder junk on it.

After playing the demo I canned it and got my 5er back. Holy poo poo that was awful, I don't know why I had any hope for this pile.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

I can't believe we're letting loving robotniks into the resistance
Look at all our Eggman's robots

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm excited to play the second-best Sonic game of 2017.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Pants Donkey posted:

Why wait? Sonic Runners Adventure is already out!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pants Donkey posted:

3d blast guy is releasing his director’s cut already? :ducksiren:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pants Donkey posted:

Sonic Mania's been out for a while, man. Go check it out.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sonic forces being bad isn't that shocking after all the footage and stuff but it's kind of impressive that sonic team managed to take a slam dunk idea like "sonic generations, but more of that" and cock it up somehow

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sega why you gotta do us like this

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Zelder posted:

Sonic forces being bad isn't that shocking after all the footage and stuff but it's kind of impressive that sonic team managed to take a slam dunk idea like "sonic generations, but more of that" and cock it up somehow

Hey now, they did manage to add in an anti-frustration feature.

Unless it turns out Sonic forcing himself back into the center will eventually lead to frustration. Like if it fucks up his pathing or something at some point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sonic Forces feels like just another mediocre 3D Sonic but it runs a lot better and looks nicer than I expected on Switch. Maybe I’ll give it a go on sale.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

If true it does explain a lot about the game (short levels, more simple design, etc). Team just straight up isn't used to making levels like generations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/sphericaldefinitecivet
:cripes:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No no the player is making Sonic dodge all those attacks.

It's just that...y'know he's too fast.

For the naked eye.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Zelder posted:

im still so pissed we only got two unleashed boost games (colors, half of unleashed and half of generations) and that they'll never again make something that good because sonic team is allergic to success and good games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Spinning Robo posted:

If true it does explain a lot about the game (short levels, more simple design, etc). Team just straight up isn't used to making levels like generations.

i dont know what would be worse, if the rumor were true and sonic team really just handed their mainline sonic title to temple run ripoff people, or that they didnt and somehow completely screwed up making generations 2

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
That Auto-Centering is completely awful. I seriously hope that's some toggleable feature if it ends up messing with some specific speedrun strats.

Spinning Robo posted:

Is there any confirmation on this? Quick checking around and I didn't find any news about that, and this is the kind of thing sounds like it'd get confused around with the actual Sonic Forces mobile game.

While hilarious, to be completely fair, there are tons upon tons of video games in the world in which this poo poo is normal.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
at least, despite very few original zones and inexplicably making hydrocity the least interesting stage, we can celebrate that sonic mania is amazing and is possibly the best 2d sonic

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

See that headbanging? Eggman just can't bring himself to shoot someone who's rocking out that hard.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ventana posted:

That Auto-Centering is completely awful. I seriously hope that's some toggleable feature if it ends up messing with some specific speedrun strats.

Is there any confirmation on this? Quick checking around and I didn't find any news about that, and this is the kind of thing sounds like it'd get confused around with the actual Sonic Forces mobile game.

While hilarious, to be completely fair, there are tons upon tons of video games in the world in which this poo poo is normal.

I still remember the revelation I had when I realized that Road Rash 2 & 3 are muuuuch easier to play while drunk because your drunk brain realizes that it is just a straight corridor whereas your sober brain tries to weave with the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, yeah. writing's on the wall there. Shame the game isn't so great. I thought there was potential in the ideas behind it at least.