Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

* Kevlar: $50 to Moore's Cancer Center if the Cubs had a 1-2-3 (I think) 9th inning of NLDS Game 5. $50.

This is correct. Also, it was literally the only 1-2-3 inning the Cubs threw all night, so you can get rid of the (I think). :v:

Pancakes posted:

* Poque: $50 if Zobrist scored in NLDS Game 5 to the Aneurysm Foundation (if I remember correctly). $50.
* Poque: $50 for every Cubs run in the 7th inning of NLDS Game 5 to the Aneurysm Foundation (if I remember correctly). $50.
* Poque: $50 to the Aneurysm Foundation (if I remember correctly)if the Cubs won NLDS Game 5 in 9 innings. $50.

The first one was only if Zobrist scored in the 5th inning.

The second and third ones are correct.

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Updated the OP for amounts through the ALCS Game 2. Puerto Rico totals still pending but I wanted to be sure the RAINN donations got added for Chapman's gently caress-up.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I owed some donations. I'm all tapped out for matching now, good job everyone! Please don't let that discourage people from donating to Puerto Rico relief, people are literally cracking open wells full of contaminated water to drink. I'm going to reorder the Toxxes in the OP, tally the donations owed from the Cubs/Dodgers game last night and update the Puerto Rico section. That should all be done within the next 30 minutes or so.

E: Updated the OP for Puerto Rico figures. As always, please point out any errors (Schwarbers) in my attribution or math. So far to date I think we've raised $1,849 for various charities, including over $1,200 for Puerto Rico relief. Cubs posters have now taken the lead in Puerto Rico giving.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 15, 2017

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:toxx:

$20 to the Puerto Rico organization Kiké is boosting for every base he gets during the NLCS (hits/walks/steals/anything)

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 18, 2017

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I owe $50 for the Darvish RBBI tonight (and $20 so far from Kikè), will settle up at the end of this series.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Updated the OP for the Toxx pledges through Game 4 of the ALCS, plus bawfuls' Darvish RBBI one-time pledge. Puerto Rico figures not updated yet.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Another $20for that Kikè single :woop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Here's my attempt to do some bargaining with the baseball gods

IF THE ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES I WILL MAKE AND EAT THIS

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

That's $15 for the Yankees winning the ALDS and a pity $5 for the Diamondbacks. More to come once the ALCS is over.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Here's the actual recipe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't think I'll need it but thanks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If the Cubs come back and win this series. 2k to Puerto Rico

:toxx:

I'll do 100 for each win in this series from here on out(unless they win the series then the aforementioned 2k)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Are you just going to mail a 2k sports game to a random PR address

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

$25 to the ACLU for av related fuckery in GD thread.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
While it's unfortunate that the Cubs lost, I am a woman of my word. As per my :toxx: I chose bawfuls as the designated Dodgers fan to choose where my money went. $10 for the avatar cost, and $1 for the YouCaring cost. In a strange bit of happenstance, the Dodgers won with 11 runs.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Now that the Cubs are out, I’m just waiting to see if the Yankees make it. If they don’t I’ll pay out but if they do, I’ll continue but with $5 for every Starlin hit.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Earned every dollar

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
NLCS Toxx's:

Lester K's: only two again, why do you hate civil liberties, Lester? :argh: ($10 to the ACLU)
Lackey HR's allowed: only one, disappointing ($5 to the ACLU)
Cubs Games Won: only one :smith: ($25 to Direct Relief)

I believe that closes me out. Go the Dodgers :toot:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I owe 5 for the Schwarber bomb. Seems weak to just donate 5 so I'll add on 5 for every Stro Homer and a solid 50 for when they do the needful and put down the Yankees. I'll be donating to the Society of Women Engineers

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

$5 to one of the Puerto Rico charities per Cubs hit in the postseason. :toxx:

IIRC youcaring was the one of choice for the continental hurricanes so I'll probably do Kike Hernandez's.

Poque posted:

oh mark me down for $10 per postseason Schwarberror retroactive to the start of the series

Poque posted:

$5 for every run the Cubs score while Lackey is pitcher of record, whether he gets a decision or not

24 hits in the series, 0 Schwarberrors, and 1 run scored for Lackey = $125

Did Kiké's this time. Good series guys.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

made it an even $100 in honor of jon lester actually picking someone off in a playoff game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
OK, I make my final count $51 (I think?), I should be able to make good as soon as I get paid at the end of the month, depending on a couple medical bills. Will update here then.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I'm feeling feisty so here's my :toxx:: $20 to Beltran's PR charity for every Astros win in the World Series, plus an extra $20 if they win the title

I'm a White Sox fan but I feel (a little) bad that Houston got all the way to the series in '05 and didn't even get to win a game. Here's hoping!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It'll be worth it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Intruder posted:

It'll be worth it

You know it's not even the tastes on that one, it's imagining the texture that turns my stomach. And texture is always worse, you can't turn off mouth feel.

(Without a whole lot of alcohol first, at least. But I think taking on that sucker drunk would be an even worse move.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When I say I'll eat it I mean the full tray, not just like one of them

I see six bananas in that picture. That's gonna be rough

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

When I say I'll eat it I mean the full tray, not just like one of them

I see six bananas in that picture. That's gonna be rough

I believe in you, Intruder

I also believe you'll be hovering over a toilet afterward

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I require a week grace period so I can have time to be happy before being sad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Allowed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

very familiar with enjoying a world series win for a week before something catastrophic and awful happens

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

R.D. Mangles posted:

very familiar with enjoying a world series win for a week before something catastrophic and awful happens

:sad:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm out interviewing for a job in lovely Sacramento so I'll update my total when I get back. I'll probably keep it rolling with 5 bux per Astro bomb until the end of the series

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I've updated the OP through the beginning of the World Series. As always, if I messed up any totals please let me know. I've already caught a couple of math errors and failure to count Puerto Rico pledges while I was posting this update. I still owe $45 more to the ACLU for Arrieta's strikeouts and $25 to the National Eating Disorders Association for Gattis' home run in Game 7.

Most of the Toxxes have resolved, with the notable exception of Intruder's Bananas Hollandaise pledge. I've sorted all the resolved Toxx pledges into Puerto Rico and "other" and alphabetized by the posters who pledged. Puerto Rico figures updated as well, with Cubs fans making up almost half of the $1,934 we've raised to date for Puerto Rico relief. We've also pledged another $775 for various other charities, for a thread total of $2,709.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well at least I won't have to eat those bananas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Increasing my toxx

I WILL EAT THIS ENTIRE TUNA AND JELLO PIE IF THE ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

http://www.midcenturymenu.com/2010/07/mid-century-menu-contest-finalist-summer-salad-pie/

This is not a copout on the bananas, I will eat both

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Increasing my toxx

I WILL EAT THIS ENTIRE TUNA AND JELLO PIE IF THE ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

http://www.midcenturymenu.com/2010/07/mid-century-menu-contest-finalist-summer-salad-pie/

This is not a copout on the bananas, I will eat both

:jebstare:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
GO ASTROS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Popete posted:

GO ASTROS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In the interest of fairness, I am giving one week after a potential world series win to start working on the bananas. You have to complete it before the end of the 2nd week. The pie same deal, just one week after the bananas to allow for recovery.

So, in other words:
Week 1: recovery from celebrating
Week 2: Banana Hollandaise
Week 3: Summer Pie

Is this acceptable to you?

• Locked thread