Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

That isn't possible, and it it was it would be illegal.

Lol it's not illegal to change dates on a forum. For a while you could change your reg date here to 9/11 for $10.

Mr Robot producers will have just been like "Hey reddit, we want to do this cool cross-promotional thing. Here's some money".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

But what about the :siren: internet police?! :siren:

Anyway, since I haven't said so yet, drat good episode. Felt like season one to me, which I think was somewhat better than s2, but not massively so.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Sam loves to :airquote: "draw inspiration" :airquote: from other forms of media (see: fight club)

I recently rewatched Twin Peaks, and the whole business with the red room and black/white lodges being accessed in a certain place when certain planets alight got me thinking.

As much as I hope the parallel universe thing does not become a plotline, things seem to point that way. And we've seen some very Lynch-esque eps recently (such as Angela's van ride in S2).

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
"We are like the dreamer who dreams, and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?"

A: Elliot

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
"I am the dreamer and the dream."

- MR. ROBOT

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hotV5PFBXo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accretionist posted:

"I am the dreamer and the dream."

- MR. ROBOT

"Welcome... to the NIGHTMARE"

- White Rose, s3 finale

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

precision posted:

"Welcome... to the NIGHTMARE DIMENSION"

- White Rose, s3 finale

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s actually the GHOST DIMENSION.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

What if Whiterose is actually... Darlene???

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Whiterose is actually Price, which is a metaphor for the way he fucks himself over from his unfettered greed and runs the world into the ground with his corporate bullshit.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
What if Elliot is whiterose?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

what if flipper is ollie?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
What if Qwerty is Tyrell?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Joey Badass is Joanna's first baby

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

precision posted:

Joey Badass is Joanna's first baby

And Joey Badass is REALLY Mr. Robot?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Please explain how it’s illegal for a privately owned website to do what you said

e: wait unless you think everything on the internet is true

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Entirely so with a little database editing. Also, we're talking Reddit, not the Library of Congress here. A private website can pretty much do what it wants unless that act is completely illegal, like CP or :filez:...

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

d0grent posted:

From one of the reddits:

"Our entire perception of reality is all but a simulation. Everything we see and know and touch and feel is an illusion. All facets of your life is nothing more than a digital construct in some future civilization’s computer simulation. You are basically a more boring (albeit high-res) version of The Sims. Or, if you want to get real trippy about it... As our future in this simulation continues along, we will have developed the computing power to run our own simulations, thus creating a simulation in a simulation. And maybe that’s what we are in all along anyway -- a simulation of someone who has no idea that they themselves are in a simulation. And your “mystery spots” can be explained away by a lack of processing power in the computer that is running our simulation -- either in the top level sim or the sim within the sim -- or perhaps even corrupt bits of code."

The theory I read of "Elliot is really an AI in a simulation" from a pair of pages ago gains strength.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Season 2 Episode 5 - when Dom is speaking with whiterose/zhang in his bedroom

"Have you ever wondered what the world would look like if the 5/9 hack never happened? How the world would look right now? In fact, some believe there are alternate realities playing out that very scenario. With other lives that we're leading. Other people that we've become. The contemplation moves me very deeply."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The best part of the episode was the amount of contempt and disdain in Price's voice when he talks about BITCOIN

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Fried Watermelon posted:

The best part of the episode was the amount of contempt and disdain in Price's voice when he talks about BITCOIN

Price posts on Something Awful, Elliot is on Reddit, Darlene writes long posts on Tumblr, Mobly edits Wikipedia. Turns out the entire show... is the web. Think about it, maaaan.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

T-man posted:

Price posts on Something Awful, Elliot is on Reddit, Darlene writes long posts on Tumblr, Mobly edits Wikipedia. Turns out the entire show... is the web. Think about it, maaaan.

Sam Esmail gets it :aaaaa:

Does this make Angela LiveJournal?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Angela used to have a Xanga.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

This idea is still better supported than the Darlene is Elliot one

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Angela is Facebook. C'mon guys, keep up.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Elliot is Snapchat. no long-term memory.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The ecoin site just granted an hour access to the next episodes script, but it’s only letting me read the first page. I’m not sure if this is intended or just because I’m reading on my phone.

E: nope, same on the computer. And the bottom of the page is blacked out. Without spoiling anything, the alternate reality theory is starting to look more plausible.

E2: now that the episode is aired, the editing of the script looks to have been a fake-out in regards to the theory.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 26, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Man, Bobby Cannavale is so loving good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
That was a pretty good fill in the blanks episode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dude doing the baseline test from Blade Runner on Tyrell is pretty cool

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

If anyone cares about dates and poo poo the Big Brother episode that he was watching was from Season 17 and I think the episode was the first eviction which aired on July 2, 2015.

I don't know why that would matter but I had to share my Big Brother knowledge.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

That was a pretty good fill in the blanks episode.

Hell yea I fully agree. Was nice to see all the behind the scenes goings on with the Dark Army's plan for Tyrrell.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It was nice to see Tyrell on his own. Usually these kind of character development episodes fail to retain the actual character's personality and instead just make them a blank template for the purpose of whatever plot that's going on and their individual issues are secondary, but his insanity was bubbling under the surface the entire time. Even after everything that's happened in the story, he still feels like a major player that could gently caress with Price and Whiterose at any time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd have to go back and rewatch but was Tyrell always this unhinged? I guess the murdery bit was pretty telling but it seems like he's gotten crazier, or at least more outwardly so. It was fun to see Irving being pretty much everywhere, which makes sense as DarkArmy's cleanup guy. A lot of past episodes make a lot more sense now. I'm really getting the sense that Darlene's been used through the entire show though. She has no agency anymore and everyone's been constantly manipulating her because she's got Elliot's back no matter what.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Tyrell was always a bit crazy but meeting up with Elliot/losing his wife gave him that extra little push he needed to go full nutzo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
LOL at the Mr. ROBOT universe having Donnie win due to a foreign gov. conspiring.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

sticklefifer posted:

I'd have to go back and rewatch but was Tyrell always this unhinged?

Pretty much yeah. Season 1 Tyrell:

- Pay bums to beat the poo poo out of them

- Stalks and fucks a guy's male assistant to hack into his emails

- Fire two dudes because... they were there I guess? I guess they were talking about the previous point and he was in a bad mood

- Strangle a lady to death when his mind games blow up in his face

Having the last thing your wife tells you is to fix the mess or be disowned, then being sent to the isolation cabin for several months probably didn't do his mental well being any favors.

I still don't understand Tyrell's face turn and sudden devotion to Elliott though. He keeps talking about being gods but it's some sort of chaos god who burns down the world, it's not like he gets to live as a god. Does he feel he got screwed over and wants to screw the world over in turn? I never got that impression from him.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

PhazonLink posted:

LOL at the Mr. ROBOT universe having Donnie win due to a foreign gov. conspiring.

Yeah the Mr. Robot universe had him win cause of the Chinese instead of the Russians like in our universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
can Elliot and Tyrell just gently caress already

• Locked thread