Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

R-Type posted:

For those of you who are luddites or non technical, the technobabble is about as accurate as asking if you want grape jelly or molten lead on your PB sandwich.

It is perfectly reasonable to ask someone if they're a DB coder or a software coder you goofball.

I mean it's accidental on the show's part but I find your statement incorrect anyway :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
It was better than Flash's DNA binary malware, but still awkward. Like ".NET or Java?" would have made more sense but I get it.
Now the way they use "algorithm" on the other hand is purely another word for "magic".

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

It is perfectly reasonable to ask someone if they're a DB coder or a software coder you goofball.

I mean it's accidental on the show's part but I find your statement incorrect anyway :colbert:

Yeah, no. Pure SQL jobs are basically non-existent (PL/SQL on the other hand... :suicide:) and DBAs, as the name suggest, don't code as much as analyze and administer (when they aren't a complete waste of space anyway).

But really, it was kinda cute compared to all the instances of this:

Aleph Null posted:

Now the way they use "algorithm" on the other hand is purely another word for "magic".

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The living hacking person on last week's Flash was a more believable computer thing than 90% of technobabble on TV.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

The living hacking person on last week's Flash was a more believable computer thing than 90% of technobabble on TV.

please don't doxx me

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

R-Type posted:

For those of you who are luddites or non technical, the technobabble is about as accurate as asking if you want grape jelly or molten lead on your PB sandwich.

I think a closer analogy would be asking if a language student took French or Morse

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Why would Oliver ask Dig to be the Green Arrow? Did he forget Digg has a kid? Did Dig?? WTF is Lyla gonna say???

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Because when he inevitably gets caught, the crime statistics won't deviate from normal

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Its Rinaldo posted:

Why would Oliver ask Dig to be the Green Arrow? Did he forget Digg has a kid? Did Dig?? WTF is Lyla gonna say???

Again, Lyla has a DiggleBot in a closet somewhere at ARGUS ready to be flipped on in the event of Oliver getting his husband fragged.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, Lyla has a DiggleBot in a closet somewhere at ARGUS ready to be flipped on in the event of Oliver getting his husband fragged.

While this is most likely an autocorrect thing I still think it's pretty great.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Its Rinaldo posted:

They should bring back Arsenal instead. He's already dead as far as Star City is concerned.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I was about to get lovely about Diggle not doing the opening narration.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lol, ORACLE

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I love everything about these two Kord security guys.

:rip: security guys.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
It is the most CW thing ever to have a sweet slowmo panning shot of everybody jumping down off the balcony into a shot of all of them standing in a circle talking. The car fight scene was really cool, though.

Like someone posted earlier, Oliver is in the crossover as GA so clearly this John thing doesn't last very long. I give it two more episodes before John doping comes up and screws everything up. Glad he's doing alright (sorta), though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

While this is most likely an autocorrect thing I still think it's pretty great.

I'd thought I'd typed "her", but on closer review yeah it works just as well. At this point Dig pretty much is Ollie's violence husband.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity was eating chips on a phone call.

She’s the evilest person this show has ever had.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Even if John being Arrow doesn't last long, I find it cute that they took his dumb Magneto Spartan helmet out of the intro with the other super-logos since he's the Arrow for now.

Also holy poo poo come on, this is approaching Flash levels of teammates keeping secrets. John and Dinah both know John's unfit for duty yet neither of them tell Oliver because... Oliver really has faith in John? If nothing else, tell Curtis so he can make a bullshit paralysisnerve damage curing chip.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd thought I'd typed "her", but on closer review yeah it works just as well. At this point Dig pretty much is Ollie's violence husband.

Wait, is that like murder husbands?

Oh and speaking of, that scene where Ollie's defending himself to the FBI investigator for supporting the Green Arrow and he's all "well hey it's not like that's a crime :smugdog:" uhhhh yeah i'm pretty sure that's a crime to support a known murderer/thief/cybercriminal/just every crime/general criminal organization that regularly crosses state lines and even leaves the country to commit felonies.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Even if John being Arrow doesn't last long, I find it cute that they took his dumb Magneto Spartan helmet out of the intro with the other super-logos since he's the Arrow for now.

Also holy poo poo come on, this is approaching Flash levels of teammates keeping secrets. John and Dinah both know John's unfit for duty yet neither of them tell Oliver because... Oliver really has faith in John? If nothing else, tell Curtis so he can make a bullshit paralysisnerve damage curing chip.

Curtis is right down there with Winn in ability to keep secrets though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So now Curtis is a drug addict?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

So now Curtis is a drug addict?

No, that’s how Diggle’s keeping his nerve damage/hand jitters under control: with weird back alley Chinatown designer drugs that are also apparently loving with his brain.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress I meant Diggle :doh: Was thinking about the Curtis/Felicity startup and got my wires crossed.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Dat truck explosion on first contact with brick wall :v:

e:
As it turns out, without guns Digg is still a muscle giant. CIA lady without super flashbang is not.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 27, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Curtis is right down there with Winn in ability to keep secrets though.

I thought it was scientific fact gay men can't keep secrets.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Mr. Green Arrow, would you like to make a statement?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Those were the prototype T-Spheres that got stolen from the Quiver, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kjetting posted:

Mr. Green Arrow, would you like to make a statement?

That's in case she gets caught. Modify a recorder instead of carrying a bomb trigger. Duh.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

That Canary Cry to send Diggle to the next building over mid-fall was p cool.

I hope this new Black Canary stays.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So, Oliver and Felicity get back together, Felicity convinces Oliver to go back to being the Green Arrow, but then decides she can't be with him if he's a vigilante and they break up again? Is that how this is going to go?

Oh, and the FBI woman knew enough about the fight to know that Diggle didn't fire any arrows, so she must have seen a video of it or something, right? But no one noticed that the Green Arrow is a totally different guy now? Like, different size, different body shape, different skin colour. I get that it was dark, but there should be enough there that you don't need the lack of arrows to tell you it's someone else. Something else.

XboxPants posted:

Oh and speaking of, that scene where Ollie's defending himself to the FBI investigator for supporting the Green Arrow and he's all "well hey it's not like that's a crime :smugdog:" uhhhh yeah i'm pretty sure that's a crime to support a known murderer/thief/cybercriminal/just every crime/general criminal organization that regularly crosses state lines and even leaves the country to commit felonies.
Same thing with the anti-vigilante law. Vigilantism is already a crime. The police should already be hunting them. I forget why they aren't. Why aren't they?

ApeHawk posted:

That Canary Cry to send Diggle to the next building over mid-fall was p cool.
Yeah, that was awesome.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Tiggum posted:

The police should already be hunting them. I forget why they aren't. Why aren't they?

I mean would you? Even the regular criminals are always blowing up your station, use super technology and so on, why would you also antagonize the guys that mostly leave you alone? :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

So, Oliver and Felicity get back together, Felicity convinces Oliver to go back to being the Green Arrow, but then decides she can't be with him if he's a vigilante and they break up again? Is that how this is going to go?

Oh, and the FBI woman knew enough about the fight to know that Diggle didn't fire any arrows, so she must have seen a video of it or something, right? But no one noticed that the Green Arrow is a totally different guy now? Like, different size, different body shape, different skin colour. I get that it was dark, but there should be enough there that you don't need the lack of arrows to tell you it's someone else. Something else.

Oliver usually leaves plenty of arrows behind, but there were none this time.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Oliver usually leaves plenty of arrows behind, but there were none this time.

Also, they were in a parking garage, so maybe at least one witness saw the fight from a safe distance.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tiggum posted:

Same thing with the anti-vigilante law. Vigilantism is already a crime. The police should already be hunting them. I forget why they aren't. Why aren't they?
S2 has some poo poo where disgraced Detective Dinah's Dad advocates for letting Arrow arrowing the gently caress out of people because the police can't handle it by themselves.

Kind of comes to a head when the roided out NotBane's on JapaneseVenom year the city and police apart.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Aphrodite posted:

That's in case she gets caught. Modify a recorder instead of carrying a bomb trigger. Duh.

I'm not complaining. All movies and shows use real gadgets as props, I just think it's funny when I recognize one.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

Tiggum posted:

OH GOD WE"RE IN SEASON 4 AGAIN :stonk:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure it will be William who tells him to be the Green Arrow again.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure it will be William who tells him to be the Green Arrow again.

"Kill them all, dad."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Because! The writers probably forgot or don't care.

nine-gear crow posted:

No, that’s how Diggle’s keeping his nerve damage/hand jitters under control: with weird back alley Chinatown designer drugs that are also apparently loving with his brain.

Jeez Dig, just use diazepam like everyone else in the military. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Has anyone made a bad photoshop of the iconic cover saying MY [LEGACY HERO] IS A JUNKIE!