Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

I'm on the wrong side of 30 and really shouldn't find spurdo funny anymore but welp

full musical version

bloom has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
If you live a good Christian life, you'll go to Heaven and get 72 embryos.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Kennel posted:

If you live a good Christian life, you'll go to Heaven and get 72 embryos.

Mods don’t go to heaven

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Bloop posted:

Yeah, that's compatible with Catholic doctrine: get pregnant and have abortions as often as possible to populate heaven with innocent souls

No, it is not. Everyone inherets consequences of original sin at conception. There is no official teaching on where the aborted babies go either.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Comptroll The Forums posted:

In other words, your poison trolley is making heaven too loving crowded

Unfortunately most of the posters don't get this reference.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Paladinus posted:

No, it is not. Everyone inherets consequences of original sin at conception. There is no official teaching on where the aborted babies go either.

Can embryos be baptised immediately prior to terminal?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Bobby Digital posted:

Mods don’t go to heaven

All Mods Go To Heaven

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Shrapnig posted:

Unfortunately most of the posters don't get this reference.

Thanks for reminding me that I've been wasting my life on these dead gay forums for over ten years :toot:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PittTheElder posted:

Can embryos be baptised immediately prior to terminal?

There is no specific rubric for baptism of embryos, but Canon Law has the following passage in canon 871: 'If aborted* foetuses are alive, they are to be baptised insofar as possible'. So the answer is kind of... It's almost impossible to follow the licit form of baptism with a frozen embryo without endangering its life, so one should only baptise an embryo if there is a certainty danger of death that baptism can't worsen. But that's only a conjecture. I don't think this practice is wide-spread, or if anyone does it at all.

* In this case it means foetuses who are outside of their mother's womb between conception and safe delivery. Miscarriage, for example, is considered a natural abortion.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Oct 26, 2017

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Love me a good User Name / Post combo

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Older memes? Sure.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
that looks like a gull, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

No, it is not.
:thejoke:christ

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Sex Cannon posted:

You know you are not safe when deceptive gull is on patrol.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Actually you could've properly taught your son the dangers of driving while intoxicated :colbert:

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Hello?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

That's some classic poo poo.

Jabberlock has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Oct 26, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dreddout posted:

Actually you could've properly taught your son the dangers of driving while intoxicated :colbert:

This is kinda dumb. You can teach people till you're blue in the face but some dense motherfuckers just aren't going listen.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jabberlock posted:

That's some classic poo poo.

Toboggan, Dr. Mantis Toboggan.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Comptroll The Forums posted:

In other words, your poison trolley is making heaven too loving crowded

:vince:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/tmC0koD.gifv

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

always the meme thread

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RIP Chubby Checker

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Simba died?!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Rafiki's banana was squashed.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

rip skinnies domino

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Great to see it up from 14.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Sex Cannon posted:

idse oled gulli :DDDDDDDD

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Boooooooo

Not a B6 Audi

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

In catholicism you inherit "fallen nature" ie the capacity for sin, not the guilt of Adam and Eve's original sin like in protestantism, thus babies are born sin free. Aborted babies go to heaven logically based on this and no specific teaching is necessary.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pr0zac posted:

In catholicism you inherit "fallen nature" ie the capacity for sin, not the guilt of Adam and Eve's original sin like in protestantism, thus babies are born sin free. Aborted babies go to heaven logically based on this and no specific teaching is necessary.

You are making a huge leap here. Fallen nature means that everyone is in need of salvation, and salvation can only be through Jesus. Baptism is an intrinsic part of that, as this is the way for people to join Jesus's mystical body. There are obvious caveats, like baptism of desire, but the general rule is that baptism is necessary for salvation.
While the Church preaches hope for salvation of all people, at the same time, until there is no official teaching, believing in limbo of infants is as permissible as believing that all unbaptised babies go to heaven.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This thread is for image-based shitposting, so put the religion shitposting on an image or take it to D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Holy lol