Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

but... Tim said he was going to double down on security

the only true words tim speaks are those he whispers to his beloved celebrities when he tries to woo them before, during and after apple presentations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
steve would have unhinged his jaw and swallowed the fawn whole

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

but... Tim said he was going to double down on security

2 * 0 = 0

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

poty posted:

2 * 0 = 0

hmm just ran this with the ios calculator and its actually 20

ufarn
May 30, 2009
you can tell it's a controlled leak because there're no issues with the phone in the footage

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
oh no my top secret cellphone :qq:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the added hype is going to backfire anyway since apple is struggling to make the iphonx and is likely going to have some serious quality issues with the ones they do manage to churn out

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
looks like viral marketing imo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poty posted:

20 security is pretty good!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

Same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poty posted:

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if this was pre-announcement then yes, fired. in general the rule is to let apple marketing do the marketing. people that have early devices know they’re not allowed to show them to anyone, and certainly not post them on YouTube.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

poty posted:

laffo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
internet t&c’s are leaking

https://twitter.com/kevinmitnick/status/921816073544093696

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Management posted:

if this was pre-announcement then yes, fired. in general the rule is to let apple marketing do the marketing. people that have early devices know they’re not allowed to show them to anyone, and certainly not post them on YouTube.

gosh it's almost as if tim doesn't care about pre-announcing or leaking or any of that because he's grossly incompetent

either that or he's fully embraced fake leaks because at least those he can control

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
what would be the best way to ruin their footage... strap on head dildo? Trump mask?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
t-shirt with copyrighted image

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

what would be the best way to ruin their footage... strap on head dildo? Trump mask?

steve jobs mask

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

did they ever fire the guy who lost an iPhone 4? I think Steve didn’t

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

he just really enjoyed making Gizmodo persona non grata for years

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

he was still working there the last time I saw him around, which was probably less than a year ago.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

don’t worry they won’t use any images of ugly people

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

don’t worry they won’t use any images of ugly people

sorry you had to find out the hard way

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ufarn posted:

t-shirt with copyrighted image

t-shirt with the photos of steve near-death

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i legit wonder what they would do if you stood at the door and told them you have a genius bar appointment but you dont consent. would they refuse to uphold your applecare warranty? does the warranty already have some clause saying that by declining this you void it buried inside somewhere? (yes im sure)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
google engineer doesn’t understand how permissions or app store vetting works, generates clickbait fodder for a billion headlines

https://twitter.com/krausefx/status/923210131889942528

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

well why not posted:

t-shirt with the photos of steve near-death

Apple Debuts Thinnest CEO Yet

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I did it I ordered the stupid touch bar mbp

look forward to my posts bitching about it nonstop in three or four weeks

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bump_fn posted:

I did it I ordered the stupid touch bar mbp

look forward to my posts bitching about it nonstop in three or four weeks

make sure you have applecare lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

make sure you have applecare lol

comes w it w no additional charge according to the invoice

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
yeah but only for like 3 or 6 months or some poo poo if you live in USA

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I have a 2016 mbp that my work got me in april

6 months old, and the keyboard is almost unusable

some keys have no tactile feedback/snap at all, some keys double-press, and some keys don't register about half of the time

which keys these are seem to change on the reg, although SPACE, U, and V are conistently hosed

it's like, how am I supposed to copy/paste from SEXCHANGE without a V key :emo:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i just got one too and it's good, i got an aukey usb hub and some cheapo 3.1-->C converters for dongletown, it's not that big a deal. i already prefer the new clicky kb. screen is a bit better, touchpad is nice, and its thin and light

touchbar is mostly useless and i still want a real esc key tho. and i miss magsafe for getting the power cable in easily, the usb c holes are too small to do it by feel without lots of fiddling

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i just got one too and it's good, i got an aukey usb hub and some cheapo 3.1-->C converters for dongletown, it's not that big a deal. i already prefer the new clicky kb. screen is a bit better, touchpad is nice, and its thin and light

touchbar is mostly useless and i still want a real esc key tho. and i miss magsafe for getting the power cable in easily, the usb c holes are too small to do it by feel without lots of fiddling

enjoy having a few months with your working keyboard

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Poopernickel posted:

I have a 2016 mbp that my work got me in april

6 months old, and the keyboard is almost unusable

some keys have no tactile feedback/snap at all, some keys double-press, and some keys don't register about half of the time

which keys these are seem to change on the reg, although SPACE, U, and V are conistently hosed

it's like, how am I supposed to copy/paste from SEXCHANGE without a V key :emo:

get it replaced under warranty?

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

dsyp

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

sorry about ur computers' sloppy, cavernous holes

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

get it replaced under warranty?

I'm gonna tell IT to take that poo poo back and give me a windows machine with a real keyboard

that's right, even Windows 10 (tm) will be better than having to replace the logic board over and over again every 6 months

seriously I loved my last two mbps but apple really took a hard left with this one

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

i already prefer the new clicky kb.

same but assumed this was stockholm syndrome or mentall illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

google engineer doesn’t understand how permissions or app store vetting works, generates clickbait fodder for a billion headlines

https://twitter.com/krausefx/status/923210131889942528

omg, what if your camera is taking pictures of you in the bathroom??? imagine what they could do with thousands of photos of your knees, the toilet stall door, and your face as you’re posting.