Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Amazon hasn't shipped GOTC Mario Odiseeye and I'm super nervous that they will gently caress it up like they keep loving up all my other orders.

loving same. I got an email that my estimated delivery is Nov 1 - Nov 5. Thanks for some timely service on my pre-order there, Amazon :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Isn't Amazon notoriously poor for release date delivery?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Jeff bezos will pay

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Martytoof posted:

loving same. I got an email that my estimated delivery is Nov 1 - Nov 5. Thanks for some timely service on my pre-order there, Amazon :tipshat:
Yeah, I got Nov. 1 - Nov. 3. I'm gonna do the same thing I did with Splatoon 2. Pick it up Friday at Toys R Us or Walmart and return the Amazon copy when it arrives so I get the preorder discount.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cons:
-Bowser still primary antagonist
-Mario controls other characters' bodies without their consent
-Most problems in game are solved through violence (i.e. "Jumping" on characters heads in order to kill or incapacitate)
-Very little character diversity, almost all human characters are white and presumably cisgender
-Implied sexual peril
-No online multiplayer
-Culturally offensive to Italians
-Features "damsel in distress" trope
- Does not pass bechdel test

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Frankston posted:

Out of 100

So what would rate a 1-4? BonziBuddy and Cryptolocker?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frankston posted:

Isn't Amazon notoriously poor for release date delivery?

Apparently not notoriously enough

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Cons:
-Mario controls other characters' bodies without their consent
-Most problems in game are solved through violence (i.e. "Jumping" on characters heads in order to kill or incapacitate)
-Very little character diversity, almost all human characters are white and presumably cisgender
-Implied sexual peril
-No online multiplayer
-Culturally offensive to Italians
-Features "damsel in distress" trope
- Does not pass bechdel test

Wwwuuuuooahhhhh check out this guy single handedly destroying those SJW video games journalisms!!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

creationist believer posted:

So what would rate a 1-4? BonziBuddy and Cryptolocker?
Apparently, the "Deal or No Deal" game, which was rated a 3.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Cons:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress those guys

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of amazon, I just got my shipping notice. I forgot I had pre-ordered it and I pre-purchased it on the eShop the other day. Whoops.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

Wwwuuuuooahhhhh check out this guy single handedly destroying those SJW video games journalisms!!

I enjoyed it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Housh posted:

Yeah, I got Nov. 1 - Nov. 3. I'm gonna do the same thing I did with Splatoon 2. Pick it up Friday at Toys R Us or Walmart and return the Amazon copy when it arrives so I get the preorder discount.

Makes sense. I might do the same :|

If I was 100% sure I'll be lending this out to friends at some point in the future I'd go digital. Saving $20 with prime was cool but I'm not a poor so I think from now on I'll just buy it in stores like normal people.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress those guys

Well, they were silently fired from their jobs lately, so yay I guess.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Amazon got me Mario Kart 8 on the day it released. I am not sure what's up with Odyssey.

However, I just got off chat with them, and they apologized and said they will ship it TODAY (not tomorrow like it said) and they will do 1 day shipping so I get it on release date :sweatdrop:

So anyone who preordered the game from Amazon, hit up their chat and complain. Worked for me.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The rubber on the thumbstick for the right joycon is peeling off my controller. This is the first controller since the PS2 that I've have come apart. I am pretty good about treating my electronics delicately. I did a quick google and didn't see a ton of people complaining about their joycons coming apart so I assume the issue isn't widespread. I wonder if there is a way I can fix it or if I am going to have to just buy new controllers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Off to midnight launch :toot:

Should be pretty busy. rear end rear end Creed is launching tonight as well

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Amazon shipped mine but I’m out of the country until Monday. I was hoping they’d screw up so I could get something from customer service even though it didn’t effect me.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rexroom posted:

Well, they were silently fired from their jobs lately, so yay I guess.

did yahtzee turn out to be a sex pervert too or something, what happened to the escapist

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Who is the maniac who's purchase of SMO hinges on a professional review score. Show yourself

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Little more than a year happened between the reveal and its release and that is so cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zelder posted:

Who is the maniac who's purchase of SMO hinges on a professional review score. Show yourself

After BotW I should probably wait and check to see if they've removed everything I liked about Mario games but I guess he can still jump so

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Makes sense. I might do the same :|

If I was 100% sure I'll be lending this out to friends at some point in the future I'd go digital. Saving $20 with prime was cool but I'm not a poor so I think from now on I'll just buy it in stores like normal people.

Just get the Best buy 20% off thing. Its great for the rare times I actually buy physical.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress those guys

Good thing pretty much everyone from The Escapist is fired then.

Going out to a store to buy a physical copy of Odyssey in 12 Hours or so. Glad I live in the future world of Australia.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Same :negative:

I preordered back in July for that Prime preorder discount.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Or all the entrances to the shops could be closed...

Trying again in half an hour :toot:

If not, digital it is.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I was gonna make a joke about Mario still not having a gun in a realistic game but Mario Xcom is a thing so that's hosed forever now.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Odyssey got the first 6/5 get ready for the first 100+% metacritic game

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Infinitum posted:

Or all the entrances to the shops could be closed...

Trying again in half an hour :toot:

If not, digital it is.

You need to find the security guard not wearing a hat, then throw your cap at him so you can use him to unlock the door

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The rubber on the thumbstick for the right joycon is peeling off my controller. This is the first controller since the PS2 that I've have come apart. I am pretty good about treating my electronics delicately. I did a quick google and didn't see a ton of people complaining about their joycons coming apart so I assume the issue isn't widespread. I wonder if there is a way I can fix it or if I am going to have to just buy new controllers.

Call Nintendo. They are pretty good about that sort of thing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

Report back on your status, brave soldier. :patriot:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

through my uncle at nintendo, ive been playing it for about three hours tonight. visual design is lovely and its also a really funny game. the controls are great, hell of stuff to find, some great secrets that you feel like a hero for uncovering. honestly it feels like sm64 for 2017; a 3D platformer with everything done to perfection so it feels classic, not dated

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

alf_pogs posted:

honestly it feels like sm64 for 2017

This is what I've been wanting since Mario 64, honestly. Sunshine was fun but felt like a different direction. Galaxy 1&2 were incredible but also different kind of game. 3D World was absolutely fantastic and fun but closer to a 3D take on classic Mario. From what I've seen and from this description, Odyssey might be my perfect Mario game. :)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Inzombiac posted:

Hmmm...
But what about resell?

Honestly, for Nintendo 1st party games it's a safe bet that I won't let them go unless it's Spla2on.

Don't resell games. Make people who want games buy them direct or not at all. That's my hot take.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Just bought ”the Mummy Demastered” from the Switch Store. Been playing it for an hour now and it’s a pretty great Metroidvania so far. Like symphony of the night but with guns.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is it midnight in Australia yet? Just curious if anyone pre-loaded SMO, and if it has unlocked yet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Takoluka posted:

Don't resell games. Make people who want games buy them direct or not at all. That's my hot take.

Conversely: Sell games you don't play anymore because why not

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Never stop playing games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm going to need to clear my schedule then :ohdear:

edit: Captain Toad port when, Nintendo :colbert:

• Locked thread