Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Daisy can be yellow!

Batting her eyes and spinning a tale of woe, Daisy has landed employment of a sort, performing odd jobs and cleaning the Brownie's Bottom in exchange for hot meals, a pallet beneath the stairs, and all the bits she can lift from a drunk's pocket. She's replaced her tattered rags with a maid's smock, but keeps her oft-patched jacket rolled up around her stabber, tucked beneath her pillow; she'll have to move on sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treffies
Apr 27, 2010
I will take Purple.

Its sounds like this is the middle of the work day, so Ash would probably be in the field. Potentially in the chapel, whichever you feel is more dramatic MMAgCh.

If Beatrice lives with priests and works in the church, it is very likely she and Ash are acquainted in some fashion.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Treffies posted:

If Beatrice lives with priests and works in the church, it is very likely she and Ash are acquainted in some fashion.

That seems pretty likely, even if it's only as a fellow member of the congregation. I don't get the impression that the church of the New God has the kind of social power that, say, the Catholic Church enjoyed in its heyday, but in a town of 1000 people it would still be a central part of the community.

Are there any other temples or sacred sites? I know that Ailean is apprenticed to a Druid - does the druid have standing stones or somewhere to perform rites?

Actually, as fauns are fey creatures Ailean is probably one of the few people in the town Beatrice can actually be friendly with, but they probably move in different circles.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

Are there any other temples or sacred sites? I know that Ailean is apprenticed to a Druid - does the druid have standing stones or somewhere to perform rites?

Actually, as fauns are fey creatures Ailean is probably one of the few people in the town Beatrice can actually be friendly with, but they probably move in different circles.

I imagine any serious sacred sites (standing stone circles, faerie mounds) are in the forest, but there are probably cairns and rune-carved stones all over the region that are frequently visited.

Ailean would probably be receptive if Beatrice seemed genuinely interested in being friendly, unfortunately her being trained/raised by elves would, shall we say, be a sizeable roadblock for any attempts at friendship.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'll take orange for Neville who is currently sitting on a box or barrel on the edge of the market, enjoying the lunch he just bought before going back to worrying "what now?" and trying to find something to do with his time.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Treffies posted:

Its sounds like this is the middle of the work day
Late morning/early noon, roughly. The specific time doesn't matter too much really – what's important is that it is indeed the middle of a pretty ordinary day and everybody is out and about.

Antilles posted:

I imagine any serious sacred sites (standing stone circles, faerie mounds) are in the forest, but there are probably cairns and rune-carved stones all over the region that are frequently visited.
Pretty much. While the Old Faith isn't openly practised in Ravensfield itself (though this is not to say none of its practitioners live there!), one needn't venture very far to find sites sacred to or otherwise associated with it.

I will endeavour to have the game thread up at some point during the weekend!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
This still is happening, in case anyone was wondering! I've had a bunch of stuff on my plate and still sort of do, but I fully intend to get the game started as soon as possible.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

No worries, looking forward to it.

Treffies
Apr 27, 2010
Still interested, for what it's worth.

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009
Me too :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I am close to done and will be posting the game thread later tonight. Thanks for your patience!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
:siren: It's happening! :siren:

Treffies
Apr 27, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

He is here because…well, he isn’t sure. Blithely put, it struck him as a good idea, but that perhaps does not capture the full extent of the impetus.
I'm glad you understood the character concept I was going for.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It was't the most elegant way of implying that a tiny, possibly divine something in the back of his head poked and prodded him until he decided to go to church, I fear. :shobon:

Edit: I hope I didn't muck anything up with regards to Ash (or anybody else)! It can be so hard to discern someone's tone through the Internet. :ohdear:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 8, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
thatbastardken, are you with us? I'd appreciate a heads-up either way. :)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Sorry! I have been having a crazy month, and forgot to tell you I was busy. Still in if you don't mind.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

thatbastardken posted:

Sorry! I have been having a crazy month, and forgot to tell you I was busy. Still in if you don't mind.
It's OK. Welcome back. :)

Everyone: I'll have an update before the weekend's out.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i gotta say, get magically electrocuted because you stabbed a golem in the gland is a pretty novel way to unlock magic talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Funny how that works sometimes, huh?

• Locked thread