Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Nintendo spent the past 2 decades backpedaling from the Mario 64 formula, it's good that they seem to be embracing it again with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Now that preloads are a thing I bought digital because the hype is too much and play before work on Friday (now to figure out where to put the gamestop credit)

Maybe I'll do the taboo thing and call in sick for a video game if I forget to sleep

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is Nintendo planning to do anything for the Switch with these physical copy points that we collect or is the plan to just let them expire without letting me spend them on anything that isn't a 3DS wallpaper or something?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

We want all the Mario.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it should be peach this time

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I barely care about the new Mario game but as a piece of hardware the Switch still impresses me with its leanness and meanness. The menus are so simple and load times, including the firmware update time, is so crazy fast. It's a world different than the PS4, weighed down with a million different things it tries to do. This is the first Nintendo hardware since the SNES I unreservedly like.

edit: I wish Taiko Master had come out on the Switch first, so I didn't need to buy it on the PS4.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 26, 2017

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

GameSpot and IGN both give SMO a 10/10

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

it should be peach this time

Hahaha this doofus didn’t think the multiplayer was good

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Frankston posted:

GameSpot and IGN both give SMO a 10/10

I hear jimquisition is already getting the 7 he gave to BOTW ready again

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's Her Turn

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
How the gently caress did they consider the excellent multiplayer a con?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello

I have SMO

I am now going to play SMO

Good bye

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I hear jimquisition is already getting the 7 he gave to BOTW ready again

Don't worry he has been successfully bullied, he won't be doing reviews any more, just videos making fun of people who comment on his videos

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Oct 26, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Mutation Nation - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
MUTATION NATION is an action game released by SNK in 1992. Humans turned into mutants by the hands of a genius biologist have gone on a rampage. To save their hometown, two youths rise up to resist. Battle with courage using full action combos along with 6 special moves.

Just Dance 2018 - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (out Oct 24 NA / Oct 27 EU)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Whether you're a party starter, a dancer in the making, or a seasoned pro, get ready to turn up the volume and unleash your inner dancer with Just Dance® 2018!

Moon Hunters - $14.99 / £9.99 / €14.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
When the moon does not rise over Issaria, monsters infest the land and cause chaos. You must set out alone or with the other chosen children of the Moon to solve the mystery and restore balance. You have only five days before King Mardokh and the Sun Cultists declare war. Multiple playthroughs uncover characters, conflicts and decisions. Each of the five tribes responds differently to the crisis and looks for different qualities in their heroes.

Splasher - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Splasher is a 2D platformer with unique arcade-style action gameplay, set in a crazy cartoon universe. Stand up to Le Docteur – the paint factory's evil boss – and save the Splashers. Your prodigious paint cannon grants you colorful superpowers. Put your skills to the test and face whatever the factory throws your way.

Super Mario Odyssey - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (out Oct 27, Pre-purchase/Pre-load available!)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Explore incredible places far from the Mushroom Kingdom as you join Mario and his new ally Cappy on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure. Use amazing new abilities—like the power to capture and control objects, animals, and enemies—to collect Power Moons so you can power up the Odyssey airship and save Princess Peach from Bowser's wedding plans!

Time Recoil - $13.99 / £11.99 / €13.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Time Recoil is a top-down shooter where you kill to slow time, experience amazing slow motion gunfights, and trigger spectacular special moves. Your mission is to save the world from Mr. Time, a time manipulating mad scientist turned evil dictator. Shoot, dodge, and dash through his evil empire guns blazing and unleash your super powers!

Violett - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (out Oct 26 NA / Oct 25 EU)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Dragged by her parents, a young and rebellious teenage girl, Violett, moves to an old spooky house in the middle of nowhere. Forced away from her friends and life in the city, she imagines how boring life in the countryside will be: spending day after day, bored in her room with absolutely nothing to do. But what she cannot imagine, is that in just a few moments, she'll have the adventure of her life.

Zombie Gold Rush - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
ZOMBIE GOLD RUSH is a shooting game where you get in various cars and earn gold by destroying zombies one after another.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hello

I have SMO

Good bye

Prove it

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Best Buy still hasn't even shipped my Odyssey, looks like it'll be time to rip off Walmart tomorrow

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

deadwing posted:

Best Buy still hasn't even shipped my Odyssey, looks like it'll be time to rip off Walmart tomorrow

Please don’t shoplift.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've heard conflicting reports if you can turn motion control off when you possess something. Can anybody confirm either way?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

rear end cobra posted:

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

Source your quotes

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Super Mario Odyssey - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (out Oct 27, Pre-purchase/Pre-load available!)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Explore incredible places far from the Mushroom Kingdom as you join Mario and his new ally Cappy on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure. Use amazing new abilities—like the power to capture and control objects, animals, and enemies—to collect Power Moons so you can power up the Odyssey airship and save Princess Peach from Bowser's wedding plans!

This game came out of no where. Anyone hear anything about it?

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mario arrived earlier today. I haven't played a 3D Mario since Sunshine and so far this seems pretty neat. Haven't played nearly enough to say if it's any good but I'm having fun and it definitely feels very well made and well polished.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

ful posted:

Mario arrived earlier today. I haven't played a 3D Mario since Sunshine and so far this seems pretty neat. Haven't played nearly enough to say if it's any good but I'm having fun and it definitely feels very well made and well polished.

It's probably pretty good I bet

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Infinitum posted:

Hello

I have SMO

Good bye

:same:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

EpicNemesis posted:

:itwaspoo:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I knew the reviews for this game would be good but holy poo poo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reviews coming out. Irish Independent gave it six out of five stars lol

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't think that "reviewer" actually played the game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Dark Souls of Mario games, finally

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

EpicNemesis posted:

I'm too busy playing Just Dance 2018 and looking forward to Sonic Forces

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Not a Children posted:

Source your quotes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

lelandjs posted:

I don't think that "reviewer" actually played the game.

I'm pretty sure he actually did

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

rear end cobra posted:

:rolleyes:

bet it'll net them a lot of clicks tho

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

How did they explain how he touches an invincible star and becomes fire Mario?

SMBSS was a bit loosey-goosey with the deep Mario lore.

The sound effects often didn't even match what the characters were doing! (I hope someone got fired for this blunder)

They did predict the Mario Galaxy temporary powerups thing though in the cartoon, I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So is Odyssey good enough to get someone back on the Mario train if they failed to see what the fuss was about 64?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

So is Odyssey good enough to get someone back on the Mario train if they failed to see what the fuss was about 64?

If you didn't like Mario 64 you don't deserve to play this game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:thunk:

ok I'll buy it

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm pretty sure he actually did

Literally everything mentioned in it is the in trailers for the game. Other reviews I've read at the very least mention other enemies that weren't featured in the trailers.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So is this better than Nintendogs or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frankston posted:

So is this better than Nintendogs or what

It’s not.

• Locked thread