Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is there a list of what Amiibos do what things in this game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

The new ones give clothes, but otherwise no.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just want my Sonic amiibo to give Mario a Somari outfit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Bloop posted:

The new ones give clothes, but otherwise no.

Certain other amiibo (obvious ones) give clothes too, but there's nothing you can't get in game anyway.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've got this preloaded and I'm stoked as fuuuuuuuck.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I found a video of all the amiibo costumes. I think they're all logical conclusions to jump to, but it's still spoiler content, so click through at your own risk, regardless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAXz0SfvXs0 (This is actually the only spoiler video I've watched myself because I really wanted to see these. Nothing else is spoiled.)

Costume related spoiler that covers something not in this video (but related to it): There is a Metal Mario costume but the Silver Mario amiibo was never released in Japan, so that's why that gives you Gold Mario.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Larrymer posted:

Still, I'm considering preordering from amazon just to save the money since it'll never go on sale then just leave it in the shrink wrap if I decide I don't want it.

Amazon says it's being delivered today. I hope me getting it early for it to just sit in the shrink wrap enrages somebody. :v:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I was watching a youtube video out of weakness and am so hype that there appear to be mario 64 style secret areas. That game had such a sense of wonder and mystery. If we get a moment half as cool as looking up into the castle skylight I'll be more than happy.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

nerdbot posted:

I found a video of all the amiibo costumes. I think they're all logical conclusions to jump to, but it's still spoiler content, so click through at your own risk, regardless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAXz0SfvXs0 (This is actually the only spoiler video I've watched myself because I really wanted to see these. Nothing else is spoiled.)

Costume related spoiler that covers something not in this video (but related to it): There is a Metal Mario costume but the Silver Mario amiibo was never released in Japan, so that's why that gives you Gold Mario.

Thanks for posting this. Some of these are more goofy than others, but they're all pretty good. Was hoping for more though, there's some characters it seems weird to leave out here (like including a Diddy Kong outfit while not having a Donkey Kong one). No third-party amiibo support is a shame, too. Would have been fun to dress Mario up like Sonic or Mega Man.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Reviews are in. 98 on opencritic. (Was 99 until some site gave it 8 out of 10)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ymgve posted:

Reviews are in. 98 on opencritic. (Was 99 until some site gave it 8 out of 10)

96 on Metacritic which is getting absolutely destroyed right now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Frankston posted:

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

Guess we found the people who play Kaizo Mario games for fun

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i cant wait to play this game 9 hours after it officially releases since i start work at midnight

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Can’t wait to play this game for an hour and then go to bed because I have to work at 8

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
wahahahahahaha! its time to do the mario!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2L9f9hX9M

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kelp Plankton posted:

Thanks for posting this. Some of these are more goofy than others, but they're all pretty good. Was hoping for more though, there's some characters it seems weird to leave out here (like including a Diddy Kong outfit while not having a Donkey Kong one). No third-party amiibo support is a shame, too. Would have been fun to dress Mario up like Sonic or Mega Man.

Maybe these nerds should've worn a hat

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nerdbot posted:

sad theres no regular bowser or peach costume

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Please add to the OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Please add to the OP

Lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
holy poo poo snapshot mode filters there's a nes filter, a gameboy filter (original green baby) and a loving snes filter which is using the goddamn scanlines from the snes classic. no n64 filter tho but there is two blur filters which is close enough.

i mean i'd post shots but thats means turning the game off to pull my sdcard out and hahah that aint happening any time soon. (social share is disabled until tomorrow)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

make sure you set your camera controls to normal speed because it's set to low by default and its too slow.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

There is always that one reviewer from some Serbian gaming website who has to stand out.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SUPER MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

mabels big day posted:

SUPER MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super loving Mario!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

Can’t wait to play this game for an hour and then go to bed because I have to work at 8

literally same

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Last time I was this excited for a Mario was 64, the others were like oh right it came out, cool

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This is going to be the best game ever made.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Sad to hear the motion controls are mandatory :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Overbite posted:

You can turn them off in the menu.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

nerdbot posted:

There's an update to this video that goes though every costume in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuMcGkxks3Y

obviously this is a spoiler.

The video also tells you the requirements for obtaining each one of them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Overbite posted:

reviewers likely didn't get to play with the patch that puts in "no motion control" in options. would have been madness not to have that in considering handheld mode

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you can turn motion controls off but the action list seems to suggest some actions are only useable with motion control, like spinning cappy in a circle. i have the cons in the grip with motion on and it works well enough.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

also some of you need to get this game because i want to discuss deep mario lore implications.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

I’ve picked up a Switch and Mario is arriving tomorrow. Should I grab a Pro controller or are the joy cons better for this game?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea according to the Giant Bomb vid you can disable them for aiming and all but the 'shake the joycons to fly faster' are hardlocked as motion controls. Dan also did say that they don't really ever NEED to be done, so it's kinda a wash.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's almost like pedigree and consistent quality have an impact on people's expectations and reactions.

EDIT - he has PS4 in his name, also.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
joy cons arent very comfy but the pro controller is amazing, totally worth the price imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

yea according to the Giant Bomb vid you can disable them for aiming and all but the 'shake the joycons to fly faster' are hardlocked as motion controls. Dan also did say that they don't really ever NEED to be done, so it's kinda a wash.

that sounds kinda weird and dumb since the Switch is a handheld and shaking your handheld sounds like a bad idea

• Locked thread